The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

What music are you currently listening to?

The Portrait of Zool

I'm a big fan of power metal. It's high-energy and the lyrics are mostly about slaying dragons and/or facing the dark lord's armies.

Which power metal bands do you like? I like a lot of prog metal. There are so many sub-genres of metal that I'm not sure if I've heard any of what you're talking about. Post a video of one of your favorite songs...please:)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! "I'm just a sweet transvestite...." ;)

Fun memories for sure!

When I was in high school, a friend and I went to a midnight showing. We went to the restroom before the show and when I came out of the stall, Dr. Frank N Furter was standing in front of the mirror putting on his finishing touches. We talked for a bit -- he was attending the local university and had very long legs which looked nice in stockings -- but then his sister came into the bathroom, took one look at him, started to cry, and said something like, "Mom would die if she saw you now!"

That's a good story - quite believable!

Well, truth be told I've never gone to a show. :P

My ex was into it (she played Magenta, but that was before I met her) and we rented the "tape" and I thought it was hilarious. I saw it at the record store the other day, and thought it was campy and cool enough that I should own it.

I'm a big fan of power metal. It's high-energy and the lyrics are mostly about slaying dragons and/or facing the dark lord's armies.

Which power metal bands do you like? I like a lot of prog metal. There are so many sub-genres of metal that I'm not sure if I've heard any of what you're talking about. Post a video of one of your favorite songs...please:)

Well, Dragonforce is the quintisential band for that genre, but let's see...

Dragonforce:

Disciples of Babylon:

Symphony X:

Incantations of The Apprentice:

Wicked:

...That kind of thing.

U2 -- The Joshua Tree

This song is totally underrated. I've mentioned that to several friends, but no one else seems to share my view. Oh well....I guess it's just because I fell in love with Bono when I was in college and we left MTV on 24/7 and the song is really about the emotion in his voice.