The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WHAT THE. . .!?!?!?

Snypiuer

Anyone paying attention will notice the legendary, NAY! the no-less-then MYTHICAL Turtle of Realization enter the room behind Snypiuer and slowly approach him:

Snypiuer: O.K., so I'm gone for a while and when I come back. . . I find THIS! WHAT THE. . .!? I don't even know what to call it!

Turtle: *Slowly draws nearer*

Snypiuer: What is wrong with you people!? Do you HAVE to change EVERYTHING!? Can't you leave well enough alone!?

Snypiuer: You have managed to take everything I hold near and dear and perverted it into this. . . this MONSTROSITY!

Snypiuer: Don't you have ANY respect for TRADITION!? You HAVE to "TRICK-OUT" EVERYTHING!?

Snypiuer: NOOOOO!!!! You HAAVVE to make it all "UP-TO-DATE" and "PROGRESSIVE"!

Turtle: *Arrives behind Snypiuer and reaches into his shell*

Snypiuer: You know, if I had my druthers, I'd take each and EVERY one of you and. . .

Turtle: *Pulls a giant baseball bat from shell and with a MIGHTY swing, takes Snypiuer out just below the knees* WHACK!!!

Snypiuer: *For a. . . brief. . . valiant moment, it seems that Snypiuer's feet will stay firmly on the ground. But, sadly, they do not. Then for an even briefer, yet gloriously shining moment, Snypiuer finds himself perfectly parallel to the ground - before he crashes down, his face fervently attempting to become one with the floor* WHUMP!. . . ooof. *After a small exhalation upon impact, Snypiuer remains immobile and silent - too shocked to even register the immense pain he is in*

Turtle: *Finding Snypiuer's head at his level now, whispers in his ear* whisper, whisper, whisper.

Snypiuer: (Disbelievingly) Really!?

Turtle: Whisper, whisper.

Snypiuer: (Even more disbelievingly) RRReeeaaaallllllyyyyyy!?!?!?

Turtle: Whisper.

Snypiuer: All of this was discussed!? AND I even gave some input!? Are you sure!?

Turtle: *Pulls a small lap-top from his shell and places it sideways in front of Snypiuer so he may see it*

Snypiuer: And how do I know that I wrote all that!? I mean, ANYONE could have. . .

Turtle: WHACK!!! *Swinging for the fences, he delivers a crushing blow to Snypiuer's head*

Snypiuer: *His one good eye wildly rotating in its' socket, pupil chaotically alternating between a full black disk and a tiny pin-point, Snypiuer is pretty sure the eye-patch over his other eye is barely containing whatever may be behind it, when he comes to the realization that he did know about this all along* OOOHHHH!!!!! Now I remember!

Turtle: *Takes his lap-top and bat and slowly leaves the room, ignoring Snypiuer*

Snypiuer: Ummm. . . you know, I'm pretty hurt here. Hello!? I think I have a concussion and my legs are most likely broken. Hello!? Anybody there? You know, maybe they're not broken, let me see. *Snypiuer attempts to stand* CRACK!SNAP!GRIND! *The sickening sound of bones snapping and grinding together fills the room as he crashes back down* No. No, they're broken. Hello!?

Anyways, place looks good. I have no knowledge what-so-ever on how to do ANY of this stuff, so I have great respect for those who do.

BUT, the best thing about change is one can then complain about it!

Old-Timer: *Trembly voice* Why I remember back in aught-nine, The Mighty Pen was BROWN! We didn't have all this new fangly whats-its and. . . hey look, it's a June bug, why I remember. . .

Now, I can picture Patrick being held captive at the bottom of a pit in the darkened basement of a 6'3" Albino Dwarf (Thyroid problems) and being forced to work on the site:

Patrick shields his eyes from the harsh light as his captor (wearing nothing but a skin-tight footy one-piece made from the freshly skinned carcasses of kidnapped stuffed animals) stands at the top of the pit and lowers a basket of suggestions for the site down to him:

Captor: It puts what we want on the site.

Patrick: Umm, yeah. . . you know, some of this is. . .

Captor: It puts what we want on the site!

Patrick: Yeaahhh. . . like I was trying to tell you. . .

Captor: IT PUTS WHAT WE WANT ON THE SITE OR IT GETS THE COLD WATER!

Patrick: Yeaahhh, you do know that the water will ruin the computer. . . right?

Captor: IT PUTS WHAT WE WANT ON THE SITE!!! *The Dwarf leaves and shuts off the lights*

Patrick: *From the dark - only the glow from the computer screen to give him light* I HAVE A JOB YOU KNOW! I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GO TO IT. . . SOMETIME! (To himself) Someone will look for me.

Well, I know it may not be easy to do some things and I DO appreciate what everyone has contributed (while I have done nothing) - still, I shamelessly offer my suggestions:

I had it set to turn blue when I signed in, kind of liked that. It would be nice if we had a wide choice of colors (I RRREEAALLLYYY like a very dark Burgundy!) to choose from.

Or, how about a variety of backgrounds or the ability to make your own, so that we could "individualize" our Mighty Pen experience?

If you could do this, maybe we could hold a contest and the winners' page set up would be used for the public page people see if they are not signed in for the next month?

Also, it is kind of confusing to go to a forum and have to go down a few post to get to a new one. Is there any way to once again separate the permanent post at the top of some forums from the ones that change upon the addition of new ones?

Finally, what if we were able to send and receive e-mail from TheMightyPen? An advertisement with every e-mail! Could it be set-up to automatically send any e-mail we receive to our regular e-mail accounts so it saves space? I have NO idea how this stuff works!

Well, (for now) that's my two cents - I'll expect my change in the form of a cashiers check.

Once again, site looks GREAT!

Edited by Snypiuer

*Peredhil looks in awe at the wild imaginations of the legendary Snypiuer and turns to the room at large*

And THAT, folks, is why he is a Bard of Terra.

Good suggestions. I have no clue how to do that stuff either, but it sounds shiny.

*moves over and firmly straightens each bone before a vivid flash of blue strobes and a Healing occurs*

I, personally, am so pleased you came back home to us. :)

The more I poke around with this, the more I don't remember. . .

If I just upload some less wide/tall icons, will the page compress a bit, or is it being told to display such broad topic bars by some other element?

(If it's any consolation, we were by no means the only board to be blindsided by the sudden loss of skins.)

*Transfixed by the "Multiquote" button, Ozymandias is oblivious to the fact that behind him has entered the legendary, NAY! the no-less-then MYTHICAL Turtle of Realization. . .*

Fear not my friend, it is a slow and painful process, but the outcome is. . . striking!

Skins!? SKIN-TIGHT, FOOTY ONE-PIECES FOR EVERYONE!!! YYAAYYY!!!!!!

What? Not that kind of skins? But the order has already been sent to the 6'3" Albino Dwarf!

Seriously, my knowledge base on these things extends to just this side of, "Magic Box make Snypiuer happy!" (NOT like that! And as stated elsewhere, some of you REALLY need to re-evaluate your thought process!), so I have NO idea of what you speak - but, thanks for the reassurance! I WOULD like to say that if I did know how to do any of these things, that I would help. . . REALLY! I WOULD like to say that!

Little known fact: The word "Snypiuer" is a colloquial form of the term "Fat, lazy, good-for-nothing" in the long dead language of the Ancidian Druaghdache - a species of beings SO lazy, they went extinct watching a commercial-free marathon of Japanese Game Shows when the ferret they had hired to pause the satellite feed every few hours as a signal to eat, was accidentally killed trying to splice into an "Adult Entertainment" cable feed (not rreeeaaalllyyyy sure EXACTLY how this killed him, but centuries later, explorers that stumbled upon this long-lost civilization said his surprisingly well preserved corpse was still smiling!). ANYWAYS! The fact that such a species actually had a term to describe an individual whom THEY considered to be a fat, lazy, good-for-nothing. . . well, not really sure if that should engender a sense of pride or not. . . BUT, it is saying something!