The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXXVII - Christmas-theme WW

Patrick

*steps in, a wolf costume draped over his shoulders*

*puts on his best Wuffie impersonation*

It is the biggest toystore in town. Whether you are there to just look at all the toys, whether you are there to buy something or if you actually work there, the important thing is that you are there. It is just a few days before Christmas, but due to the late hour and it being almost closing time, there aren't many people in the store. Suddenly the power will fail and elevators stop working. The snowstorm outside intensifies and according to the emergency services you can reach by phone, it will be several hours until they can reach the store on the outskirts of the town.

What a pity that something triggers in a paranoid person, or maybe a murderer sees his chance of getting away with a few murders in the dark. Will the spirit of Christmas be tainted or will the innocent shoppers be able to stop the madman?

OOC: Despite me opening the sign up, Tanny is running this show.

Seer and Baner might be someone from security on their day off, or an off-duty cop. Or an ex-soldier, etc, etc...it's up to whoever gets the role to come up with an explanation.

Tanny would want at least 9 players.

Quickly peeks in

Thanks Pat for posting!

A small addition: due to the season, I'll be allowing NPC posts from people who are not playing the Werewolf Game; only restriction for them will be that they cannot vote/interfere in the game, but they'll be free to RP and interact with the players.

/Tanny

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw... as I said in the QA thread, I am quite busy for the next week or so, though... so I probably will leave sign up open for a week, then start a free-RP phase that will take another couple days. Game would probably start around the 12th, if that would be alright for people. If there are lots of people and Christmas time comes before we can wrap it up, I'm sure we can accomodate a few days on freeze

Sally Kellerman, 17.

High school cheerleader and part time employee.

Sally would much rather be out partying with her friends but got stuck with the dual duty of working the closing shift at the toy store, and babysitting her kid brother Brian for the night after the store closes. Brian has shown up at the toy store just before it locks down and is amusing himself while waiting for Sally to finish her shift.

Anyone wanting to play Brian, feel free :)

Nick Degras, 10

Fulltime student at what Daddy calls "The Best School In Town", where "Best" probably means "Most Expensive".

Fulltime son of Mommy and Daddy. Mommy is a friend of the store's company's wife. Daddy heads a toy production company.

This year, like every year since Nick could walk, Mommy has hoisted him into a freshly tailored green-and-red outfit with matching head, and ears to boot to take up a role beside Santa for some time. He wears his uniform with pride and joy.

Hmm, lets see what I can add...

Thomas Steward, 21, employee

Thomas works at the toy store, though his mind is often elsewhere. The slopes, girls, you name it. Anywhere but on his work. He's only working this job until he saves enough money to go off to college, and party there. He hears that Sorority girls are, well, wild. Being the typical young male, he definately likes that idea...

So, until then, he's working the customer service department, dealing with people who bring things back because their kid broke them the first day, claiming that it came that way. He's definately not very enthusiastic about his job, and has gotten a little bitter with everyone always yelling at him.

Yay! Glad to see you back, Panther!

And double yay for our two resident guinea pigs! :)

Pig: I see no problem in having two elves helping Santa, besides young Nick/Mardrax. However, if you don't want to clutter the area around Santa, maybe you can take turns 1) helping him by staying at his side, and 2) walking around the store to entertain the customers/children there. Another idea is for you to be representing some toy manufacturer?

I'm thinking of starting the free-RP earlier, to give you time to interact and have fun for more than the usual couple days... what do you think? I'm still trying to get hold of a few players :P

Players so far:

Patrick - Santa (alias Michael Short, 47)

Mynx - Sally Kellerman, 17, high school cheerleader and part-time employee

Giles - character to come

Mardrax - Nick Degras, 10, fulltime student and Santa's helper

Panther - Thomas Steward, 21, employee

Vene - character to come

Blby - elf (are you a guinea pig? :))

Pig - a guinea pig, representative for GP Toys

Gryphon - character to come

Mithrandin - character to come

More info...let me see...

Santa (alias Michael Short)

Forty-seven years of age, playing Santa for the children of a toy store is the first job Michael has had in three years. Previously he had been a drifter, visiting the homeless scene of several major cities before being found by someone who was looking for men with sufficient facial hair to play Santa. The cash was also most definitely welcome, although most of it went to drinking after work with his other homeless friends. At least it wasn't the cheapest beer now and sometimes he even got some whisky...

Edit: I said Brian showed up at the store before closing time...considering that's not when the game begins, what say we just assume I'm babysitting after work and Brian's just hanging around until then - what kids don't like toy stores, right? :P

Game thread is up and open for free RP!

Sign-up is open until first NPC kill. Until then, RP at will and have fun.

Please, remember that this time I'm allowing guest posts, not related to the game. When it comes to voting, I'll always link to a list of actual players.

Important Notes

• PM alliances are not allowed; PMs with RP purposes are alright, but please copy them to me - I'd like to know what's happening for eventual "flavor" posts (mod-written posts) during the game;
  • day phases last 48 hours; night phases, 24 hours. RP is free during night phases, however no accusation/speculation whatsoever;
  • "dead" players: feel free to be a friendly ghost and keep the RP; however, don't influence the living players in any way;
  • eventual inactive players: they won't be out of the game; they can have any role;
  • no stating of the roles OOC or IC; everything is done through RP;
  • There will be two wolves, a Seer and a Baner.
  • effects of baning:

Baned Result
wolves' target no kill
wolf if more than one wolf = 50% chance of normal kill; if one wolf = no kill
anyone but wolves' target normal kill

Concerning the lynchings/kills

• when accusing, please add a last OOC line clarifying your vote;
  • respect the deadlines... during day phase, if there's not enough votes after 48 hours, there *might* be a short extension; however, once that is over, whoever has the most votes will die. If there's a tie, the lynchee will be determined through dice;
  • same holds true for night phase: if the targets of wolf/seer/baner aren't PMd me in the 24-hour-period, they are forfeited (that is, there will be no kill/no seeing/no baning);
  • as the number of players decrease, day phases may be shorter provided all active players have posted;

If you have any doubt, don't hesitate in PMing your friendly mod (a.k.a. me :P)

Jamie Baron:

12 year old boy with sandy blond hair. He's in the store because one of his parents works there on the janitorial staff.

This is pretty much the only way he gets to have anything to do with toys like they sell here - his family are generally to poor to buy nice stuff like this for christmas.

Matthew Jonathan Clarke von Wunscheringen III, Mattie the Third for short. An 11-year-old, spoiled-rotten-to-the-core-and-then-some son of an extremely wealthy CEO. His parents have been divorced for 8 years now (she took half his fortune, still leaving him with enough money to buy a few small countries, but he got custody, and only fought for it because he knew she'd hate the idea) and he spends a whole lot of time by himself (since his father is working practically all the time) or in the care of overpaid nannies who don't really care about him.

He snuck off to the toy store, deciding to make his nanny search for him while he gawked at the toys. Of course he already owns most of them, but there's something about looking at stuff that he could buy with the pocket money he gets all the time that keeps fascinating him ...