The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Introduction!

Guest Shamrock Fox

Guest Shamrock Fox

Hola!

I've known about this site for a while and for a while I've kinda lurked while reading due to a rather busy and unreliable schedule. However, my intense desire to write has decided to overcome such absurd schedules and pushed me to registering with the forums to become more than a spectator. I'm a big fan of writing poetry and short stories. I delve deep into the fantasy scene but due to world events and a better awareness than years ago I'm often inspired to write more emotionally driven stories based on things that happen all over the wold. While I'm unsure if that'd be welcome, I'm hoping to find a home in this community.

I'm looking forward to writing and receiving feedback, as well as making friends here.

Penned by,

Shamrock Fox.

Welcome! As long as it's your original work (and not libelous, of course) I don't believe we have hard and fast rules for what can and can't be posted here - it's more a matter of *where* to post something. Previously published/posted elsewhere stuff goes in the Library, pg-13+ goes in the Scarlett Pen (accessible once you've applied), and generally any other stories/plays/such things go in the Assembly room. Poetry in the Banquet Room. Roleplay in the Conservatory.

*gentle huggles* Glad to see you "officially" here!

Wyvern wanders into the Cabaret Room with a portable crystal ball lifted to his ear, hissing in a sleazy salesman tone about mass quantities of boar tusks. The ugly orc shaman face on the other end of the crystal ball flickers to black as Wyvern pockets the artifact and turns to Shamrock Fox with a toothy grin. The reptilian Elder wanders up to Shamrock Fox with two shakes of a tail and extends a scaly claw.

"Greetingsss, Shamrock Fox, and welcome! Glad ya decided to register, ressst assured that there are no requirements for contributing here and that you can come and go as you please." Wyvern's forked tongue flicks from his mouth for a second. "In case you haven't already learned about me from your ssspectating, the name's Wyvern. Pleasssed to meet ya. I'm available as an expert financial advisor in times of need, and have a track record of producing more spin-off products than any other pennite."

Wyvern glances in both directions, then nudges Shamrock Fox with a wing and lifts a claw to his ear.

"Sssspeaking of which, you might want to consider investing in an Almost Dragonic Brand Fantasy Scenery Photo Guidebook™." Wyvern shifts a looseleaf stapled pamphlet towards Shamrock Fox. The cover of the "book" depicts a photo of a generic landscape, most likely a blighted plain. "I realize you're into more emotional stuff now, but there's plenty of emotion to be had when staring at thessse non-descript barren landscapes. Perfect for imagining whatever fantasy or emotional landscape you want to replace'em with. Only 10 geld a piece."

Wyvern pauses his advertisement for a moment to take a step back from Shamrock Fox, framing his claws over the honored guest's facial features.

"Sssay... would you happen to have any relation to any of our canine pennites, or is the Fox thing jussst in the name?"

;-)