The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXXVI - This is Halloween!

Mynx

Okaaaaay well given the fact that by my watch it is 30 days till Samhain, and no one was interested in my other WW idea, I've decided to run a Halloween themed one instead.

Now, this is not a repeat of the 2004 Halloween party previously held here at the Pen.

Quick rundown of the situation - Some big corporation (yet to be named) is holding a massive Halloween party and they've taken up nearly all of a hotel to do so (ie boardroom AND most of the rooms). Costume is compulsory, and just as the party starts to get going, the hotel goes into lockdown and people start dropping off. If you need a mental image, think Nakatori (sp) towers in the first Die Hard film.

Don't know yet if the wolf(ves) will be actual werewolves or just crazy people.

You can play either a member of the party, or one of the few non-invitees who snuck in to the party by wearing a costume. Since this is a big corporation, you can do anything from low level secretary to being one of the executives.

Hope to close sign up after a week or two but it'll depend on numbers...

So come one come all, and let's have some fun :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danelle Cortéz, 28, executive secretary.

Tall, copper-haired with very light green eyes, and slightly freckled face. She wears her wavy hair shoulder-length, usually in a loose bun when at work. She has an easy smile, a somewhat exuberant character, and a rather passionate temperament under tight control most of times.

Though discreet at work, she has an affair with Dan Gray (Mith's character).

She'll go to the party wearing the costume of the Big Bad Wolf, making a pair with Little Red Riding Hood.

If anyone wants to be her best friend and confident (possibly a guy, but girls are welcome too), let me know! And LRRH is already taken, so maybe you'll consider being a stranded Fairy Godmother? ;)

~~~~

OOC: I'll be soooo lynched in first round! :P

Dan Gray, 1,74m height, dark greyish hair, brown eyes, male, caucasian.

Dan is the Head Accountance of the yet to be named big corporation, working there since he graduated from accounting school and making his way to his current position. Very commited to his work, Dan is seen as a regular acountant, boring and dull. ( pretty much as lawyers are sharks :P )

Outside work he keeps an ordinary life, married since he was 27 to his wife, and father of two 13 year old twin girls, and an affair with Danelle Cortéz, his secretary, all part of a regular Head Accountance dull and boring job! (still not sure if this should fit work or outside work :P)

Yes, I am still wondering how I got convinced to be Little Red Riding Hood, but yes I will be it.

Okaaaay I think I'm going to keep signup open for at least another week just to scrape together some more players but for now here's a current list, along with an update of information:

Welcome to the 2007 Halloween party for Atlas Corp Ltd. A large, multi national and multi faceted organisation that has a hand in pretty much every industry. Part of the reason for the organisation's widespread focus is the secret to its longevity, having been around for more than 80 years.

This party is to mark the first function thrown by the Corporation's new manager - Corban West. A young, idealistic entrepreneur, West is the first leader of Atlas Corp who is not descended from the organisation's founder. He has some shiny new ideas to bring Atlas even further into the modern world, one of which involves moving at least 40% of the organisation online. This means redundancies, paycuts, a lot of things people won't like.

West already had enemies amongst the older board members who he beat for the top roll, and he is well aware that his ideas are going to create further enemies among his employees. That's part of the reason for this party. He's rented the entire Gold Ridge hotel, all 20 floors of it, and has not only invited all employees and any family who chooses to come, but also any tenants at the hotel who happened to be staying there on the night of Halloween.

It's going to be a killer party. West, along with his trusted secretary Mia, just have no idea how literal that term may become...

Current players:

Mod/NPCs - Corban West/Mia. Costumes to be revealed.

Giles Jordan - Off Duty Security guard. Costume = The Green Dragon Ranger

Tanuchan - Danelle Cortéz. Costume = The Big Bad Wolf

Mithrandin - Dan Gray. Costume = Little Red Riding Hood

Patrick - Polly 'Ollie' Gray. Costume = Weasley twin

Venefyxatu - Molly 'Ollie' Gray. Costume = Weasley twin

Mardrax - Rachel Stevenson. Costume = Nurse

Akallabeth - Elliot A. Banks III. Costume = Scruffy the Janitor

Cryptomancer - James 'Jimmy' Elliott Johansen. Costume = Pirate

Blby - A small black guinea pig. Costume = Necromancer

Degorram - Character to come

I'd like a couple more people before I run the game (please?) but if this doesn't change in a week I'll come up with something :)

Molly Gray is one of Dan Gray's 13 year-old twin daughters. To prevent confusion, most people just call her Ollie. She has red, curly hair reaching to her shoulders and green eyes that provide a nice contrast to the hair. She has freckles, making her look like a typical little Irish girl. Whenever she starts a sentence her twin-sister finishes it and vice-versa. The two of them are nigh-inseperable. She will be going in a costume of Fred Weasley of Harry Potter fame. Or George Weasley. She and her sister haven't been able to decide who gets who yet.

Polly Gray is one of Dan Gray's 13 year-old twin daughters. To prevent confusion, most people just call her Ollie. She has red, curly hair reaching to her shoulders and green eyes that provide a nice contrast to the hair. She has freckles, making her look like a typical little Irish girl. Whenever she starts a sentence her twin-sister finishes it and vice-versa. The two of them are nigh-inseperable. She will be going in a costume of Fred Weasley of Harry Potter fame. Or George Weasley. She and her sister haven't been able to decide who gets who yet.

Basic Description:

Elliot A. Banks (the Third), 5 ft. 10 in. (1.78 m) height, 200 lb. (90.72 kg), grey hair, brown eyes, male, caucasian, born Feb. 22, 1947

Background:

Mister Banks is one of many janitors in the company. He has worked on the third floor of corporate headquarters since nearly graduating from high school back in 1964 at the age of seventeen, when he realized that his after school job was more enjoyable than his classes. He has never looked back, and has risen through the ranks to become head janitor of his floor.

At sixty years of age, he has saved (or simply not used) his vacation days for decades, as his only love in life is his career. He has no social life to speak of, although he enjoys the yearly Halloween party where he dresses up as a different janitor (from a movie or television show) every year.

This year, he is Scruffy: a janitor from the animated television show Futurama. Elliot's source of enjoyment (outside of work) for the past month or two has been growing a mustache so that he might better resemble Scruffy.

*Edit*

Tidbits about Scruffy:

-He typically speaks in the third person

-He is lazy

-His vocabulary would be considered "lower class"

-This is an image of Scruffy: http://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/504/medium/scruffy.jpg

Edited by Akallabeth

Time, ladies and gentlemen! Last call!

You have till the weekend to come up with a character/sign up.

The list as it stands:

Players:

Mod/NPCs - Corban West/Mia. Costumes to be revealed.

Ozymandias - Kelly Moses. Costume = Scarlet Pimpernel

If someone wants to play Corban's assistant Mia they are more than welcome - just ask! :)

Gonna have two wolves I think, and a Seer, but no baner unless I get at least one more entry...

Thank you!

*beam*

Kelly Moses, accounting. She is somewhat bookish, but not (very) awkwardly so.

Wears big glasses that she constantly pushes back up the bridge of her nose.

Still isn't sure what to maske of the new CEO and his plans.

Is going to go dressed as the Scarlet Pimpernel.

All right!

Going to get this game up and running

Free RP until the first NPC kill, at which point I'll hand out roles.

Will have 2 wolves, 1 baner, 1 seer.

If anyone else wants to sign up, you can until someone dies :P

Players:

Mod/NPCs - Corban West/Mia. Costumes = Phantom of the Opera/Catwoman.

Ozymandias - Kelly Moses. Costume = Scarlet Pimpernel

Gryphon - Zane 'Jack' Russell. Costume = Luke 'Shortass Stormtrooper' Skywalker

Edit: Game Thread

Edited by Mynx

Zane 'Jack' Russell.

He's a short, blondish guy with a mop of hair who works as an underling in Atlas Corp's IT department.

He's dressed as Luke Skywalker dressed as a stormtrooper... because he's "A little short for a Stormtrooper" as he's fond of telling anyone who asks.

He's also a shameless Star Wars fan and as an unfortunate side effect of being a computer techie type he's got very little in the way of social interaction skills... but them's the breaks.