The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A celebration worth mentioning.

Regel

I first became acquainted with this young mage in the old days of Maritel's Arch Mage. He was a fellow guild mate that had a special gift. His declarations of war were always entertaining and he quickly became famous for his ability to weave a story that was both efficient and hysterically funny. I remember finding out just how young he was in those days and marveled at his potential as a writer and or humourist.

So once again I get to be amazed that he is just now turning 24 years of age. Hope the day finds you surrounded with friends (mostly female) with just enough stimulation to keep that active mind of yours busy. Congratulations and a very happy birthday my friend Wyvern.

The figure in the full size hanging portrait stretched and yawned, scratching himself sleepily. Somewhat bleerily, he looked around the Cabaret to take in what was happening.

On hearing Regel's proclomation, Zool brightened considerably. "Wyvern's birthday!? Yippee! To think, on this day only 24 short years ago he was almost hatched!" :lol:

"Wow, I also remember Wyvern from Arch Mage, though I never really had the pleasure of playing with him, nor he the risk of playing with me. We had a wonderful time playing on the UBB, including a certain RP thread featuring a certain 'Goose of Redemption'. " ;)

"The 24th birthday is an auspicious occasion, occuring only once in a lifetime! I think this calls for something you have always wanted Wyvern, something gold and clinky, and a lot of it! - and I know you know what I mean."

Reaching behind his back, Zool pulled out a BIG SACK OF GELD. Patting the bulging painted sack, he sat it down in his foreground, where it leaned over spilling painted geld at Zool's feet.

"I wish it was real - I know how good it must look to you, how shiny, how perfect, how GOLDEN, that you can almost touch it, smell it, taste it... but just remember it's the thought that counts. :) HAPPY B-DAY!" :w00t:

A familiar figure melts out of the Regel's shadow, her presence as subtle as her entrance. She hides a little grin when Regel jumps as she steps forward into the light. It's always just a tad fun to startle people... evil as it is.

"Ah, Wyvie!" Yui's smile is wide and bright as she hugs her favorite almost-dragon, deftly capturing the arm he had stretched out toward the shining paint-gold in Zool's portrait. "Many happy returns, you big lug, you. I left a present for you in your Office. Do please try to find it before it gains sentience and wanders off - or worse, tries to attack someone."

With a teasing grin, she glances up at his face... only to find him still mesmerized by the oil-paint geld. Luckily, she knows how to deal with this particular distraction - provide him with a more powerful one! A kiss on the cheek works (at least, this time) and he starts, blushing a bit before that more-rehearsed, smarmy grin lights his face.

"Yui, darling! I knew you'd --"

Laughing, she wraps her hands around his snout, muzzling him. "Shush, before you say something rather more silly than usual. Happy birthday, Wyvie!"

Most sincerely,

~Yui

I have three compilation CDs from the man who introduced me to good hip hop.

And a number of great memories from the man who would stroll DC with me, who's played my FARS, who's comforted me when down and shared joy when I was up.

And that's all outside the Pen. In the Pen, nothing can add to what he demonstrates daily in his dedication, devotion, and talent to the community.

Thanks for putting up with me.

*fierce hugs*

*The Dragon Hawk stumbles into the room, dropping all sorts of scrolls in the process.*

"Well I'll be, no one told me it was Master Wyvern's birthday today. God are you ever getting Ancient. Today 24, tomorrow you'll wake up at the ripe old age of 50 and wonder where the time went."

Seriously Wyvie, happy birthday, hope it treats you well.

Zool breathes a sigh of relief as Yui's tactful kiss narrowly prevents Wyvern from scratching up the lower geld half of his portrait. The overgrown lizard melts a little at Yui's touch as she covers his snout, but promptly straightens up in the hopes of keeping his almost dragonic machismo in tact. It only takes him a moment of staring at her smile to go soft in the eyes, however, and the flood of Cabaret well-wishes cause his tough front to collapse like an Almost Dragonic Brand Indestructible Wood Wall™. Wyvern flashes a very non-smarmy smile and gives Yui-chan a big scaly hug, then pats Regel on the shoulder and leans back on Zool's portrait as he turns to address the crowd.

"Thankssss all." Wyvern places a claw behind his back and attempts to scribble 'W' insignias on the geld in the portrait behind him. "As always, I'm humbled by your words."

OOC: Thanks, everyone. :-) I had a nice day, and reading over your posts here was one of its highlights. I really appreciate you thinking of me and posting... thank you, once again.

WOW...my head must REALLY be in the clouds, to have missed an Almost Dragon's birthday celebration.

I feel absolutely terrible, but enough wallowing in self-pity...Happy (very belated) Birthday, you scaly bastiche!

And you can have my next 4 postings worth of Geld as a Gift, knowing how much you simply ADORE money!!

Hoping your whole 24th year goes as well as the first day of it.

Happy Birthday...I am sorry I missed yours! The funny thing is I was just icing a birthday cake for someone else's birthday tomorrow (yes at 4am, I am on GeldrinHor time, grin) and I wish I could send one to you! It is devil's food cake with cream cheese icing! Anyway, 24 is a special year, (they ALL are) and I hope you get whatever you want most this year! I hope you made a wish this year!!

Sincerely,

LilacFlame