Far from this place

Love without expression

-------------------------

How many times

Will I let you go?

I hear your emotion

Hiding through a telephone....

Edited by Dros

wow... having spent most of my life thousands of miles from the people who matter most to me, i can SO relate to this!

*hugs*

c'mon in and make yourself comfy, and don't let Wyv talk you out of your geld! ;)

NightFae pranced into the office to wait with Dros, chomping a peice of bubblegum. "When will he get here?" She whined just a tad bit impatiently. She chewed the bubblegum just a bit and pondered how toilets ACTUALLY worked when she remembered when SHE was in here"OH! Right! I owe him this!" She popped the chewed peice of bubble gum out into her hand and placed it ever-so-carefully on his chair. "There. He should be much happier now." She then began dancing and skipping and bouncing around Dros singing about toilets. "Oh the wonders of my magical toileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. It's been very nice to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It never clogs and flushes QUIET, it's been so very nice to meeeeeeeeeeeee." Yes, yes, she knew it was supposed to be "quietly" but...Well..."Quiet" fit better. She popped another peice of bubblegum in her mouth and started chewing and pranced and danced and hummed the tune.

Edited by NightFae

Dros grabs NightFae's hands and starts swinging her around the room. "Let's change the song!"

"Okie doke!" NightFae exclaimed.

Dros and NightFae proceeded to sing "I've got a lovely bunch of cocoanuts!"

Imapatient as they both were, they stopped singng and sighed in sync "when is he gonna get here...."

Nightfae watched the door waiting for the half-dragon's magnificant enterance and blinked "I think he died..."

"NO NO NO NO!" Dros yelled at NightFae. "Be patient my lover, be patient."

"That's most vertainly impossible and I'm fairly sure that you already know that, my dahling. I have never been patient and this dragon's procrastination is driving me NUTS!" she said, despite the fact that she knew it wasn't procrastination, he had many things that he had to do before he could get to the most recent applicants.

"I know he is a busy dragon-man-dude, but you're not making this any easier!" he said as he finally took a seat in Wyvern's chair, having forgotten the already chewed bubble gum that had resided in the seat before his toosh.

Nightfae instantly bursts into a fit of giggles and covered her mouth when Dros asked "What are you laughing about?" She shook her head"Nothing" she said in a muffled tone and waited for him to stand up and find out what was so funny...The hard way.

((Cowritten by Dros and Nightfae))

((And we had way too much fun. ^.~))

"Halloo", says a head, attached to a neck, both of which have just peered 'round Wyvern's office doorframe.

"I'm Ozymandias. Some people will tell you I'm the founder here, though that is still under consideration.

What I can definitely say is, if you ever need anything, just ask. I'll be around."

The old man smiles warmly from girl to boy. "I do hope you gain membership here, Dros. I look forward very much to finding out if you ever will set such wonderfully lyrical poetry to music, and what it will sound like.

I have other pressing engagements at present, but remember, if you need me, just call. Ta-ta for now!", he finishes with a small wave, before disappearing again.

The Office door creaks open and Wyvern prances in wearing what appears to be a makeshift fisherman's outfit. He sets down a box of bait hanging from his tail stinger and tosses off his hole-dotted hat, then turns to Dros and NightFae with a grin. Dros stands up to greet the Elder of Initiates, only to find that his applicant easychair is stuck to his rear, courteousy of NightFae's extra-sticky donated chewing gum.

"SSsssorry for the wait, I was out procrastinat-" Wyvern pauses in mid-sentence as he notices the chair attached to Dros' back. His eyes turn to NightFae and narrow at her half-suppressed grin. "Ooooohh no you don't missy. Trying to steal one of my applicant easychairs to pay off the tax debt that you owe for that gum, eh? And pinning it on one of our honored guests! Well, I'll deal with you later."

NightFae's jaw drops and she raises a finger to respond, only to be cut short as Wyvern steps towards Dros and snatches his application sheet.

"Anyway, as I was sssaying, sorry for the wait. I was out doing some very important fly fishing."

"Really?" Dros tucks his hands into his pockets. "I didn't even realize there were any lakes near the Pen."

"Oh. Oh God no, not at a lake!" Wyvern hisses in distaste. "I just did it via the Pen rooftops. Caught a fruit fly and a horse fly, but I didn't manage to catch a house fly to store'em in."

Dros stares at Wyvern in confusion, then glances towards the reptilian Elder's bait basket. He bites his lip as he notices the arrangement of imp corpses within the tattered flaps, and his stomach churns at the sight of their decaying limbs. His thoughts of rotted wings are interrupted by the tap of Wyvern's claw on his shoulder.

"Well, this is good stuff." Wyvern grins and waves Dros' application sheet in front of him. "You know, speaking of fly phone stuff, I think I might have just the thing for you. Almost Dragonic Brand Skyfee Crystal Ball Services™ offer unlimited access as long as you're hooked up to a nearby mana node. The sky's the limit with this new service (with the exception of the fees, which are not limited to "sky high")!"

Wyvern pauses as he notices Dros' look of confusion, then sighs and stamps the new member's application ACCEPTED.

"Well, can I interest you in a fruit fly?" Wyvern raises one of the dead imps towards Dros' face. The fly caught on the hook within the imp's mouth buzzes. "They make great substitutes for raisins in desserts, y'know."

;-p

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, Dros. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) My apologies for the wait... I look forward to reading more of your stuff, as well as to participating with you in community events. I hope you find the Pen a friendly and open community to share your writing with. Once again, welcome!

madhatter stumbles into the room.

"Hmm... how did I end up in here? I really ought to watch my step."

"My! What a wonderful little song you have there!"

madhatter brushes off the dust off of his coatsleeves and approaches Dros.

He whispers into Dros' ear, "Beware of the bunnies."

Oh and welcome aboard! Hehe, I hope you enjoy yourself and I look forward to reading your other works as well!

Nightfae held up one finger and opens her mouth to protest to Wyvern's statement and say that it wasn't HER fault Dros decided to sit in the chair, after seeing her put the gum there, but decided against it and turned extremely pathetic instead.

"I'm vewy vewy sowwy, Mr. Wyvewn. I was onwy twying to pay you back and make you happy. I weawwy didn't know what I was doing." The short girl looked up at Wyvern with a pathetic and pouty look on her face, sniffling a bit for the effect. "I can give you an unchewed piece if you want...Maybe that wiww make it bettew?"

She decided that changing every r and l to a w was just too hard and annoying so she dropped the pathetic routine.

"Okay...Actually...It's not MY fault that he decided to sit down on the chair, despite the fact that he clearly saw me put it on there. And besides...He's not an honored guest anymore. He's just an initiate." She says, despite that fact that she was "just an initiate" not too horribly long ago.

"Heh...Bye."She flew out the door and disappeared down the hall.