The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Forgetful Tidings

Gyrfalcon

Daryl trotted down the hallways of the Pen, a wide, rolled bundle balanced precariously on his back. Carefully executing a right turn he trotted into the Caberet Room, into a bustle of preparation. Various Pennites worked hard to set up tables of vegetarian food, carefully coaxed from the plants by those of the Pen with druidic inclinations. Others filled balloon and tied them off, or worked on adding decorations around the room.

Gyrfalcon saw Daryl and grinned, stepping over to his friend and lifting the bundle off his back. "Thanks for retrieving that, Daryl." Gyrfalcon said, hefting the bundle and calling over Bravery the Pen Dwarf to help him string it across the entrance. In short order it unfurled as they tied it off, and read simply

"Happy Birthday, Gwaihir!"

Through the air a strike of gold can be seen? Is it a plane? Is it Superman? No, it's wonder Troy!

With his wings folded in the phoenix dives down and lands next to Gyrfalcon, With his beak he nudges the ranger, and drops a small package at his feet. A note is attached to the front, and with elegant letters Gwaihir's name is written on it.

The bird coos softly, and trusts the ranger to deliver the package correctly, and takes off again.

(OOC: Happy Birthday Gwai, I might just tell you at a later time what's in the package ;))

I would write an IC post, but with an exam coming up on Thursday I can't really now unfortunately.

So it'll just have to be a simply Happy Birthday and I wish you many more to come!

Oh heck, I just don't see myself doing any studying right now, so here goes. :P

For once Patham wasn't late arriving at a birthday party! He arrived just as Gyrfalcon and Bravery tied up the banner. He flew in under it, careful not to bring it down with a careless flap of his wings. He circled the room twice before landing and assuming his human form. Through the magics which are shapeshifting, the small package, which he had in his shirt pocket was still there, despite him not even visibly wearing his shirt while in owl form. Patham placed his gift next to all the others.

In the small box was a small wooden figurine, which Patham himself had carved, and despite the sloppy technique it bore just some resemblance to Gwaihir.

Edited by Patrick Durham

CheerMynx comes bounding into the room squealing happily, a large bundle of brightly coloured balloons and streamers clutched in her paw.

Hitting the breaks a little too late, CheerMynx lost her footing and crashed into Gwai, the balloons and streamers flying everywhere.

The dust (and glitter) finally cleared to reveal a slightlys tunned but still grinning CheerMynx, who promptly licked Gwai on the forehead.

"Like, Totally happy birthday!"

:P

A Raven flew into the room and circled slowly.

Spotting the target of his search, the Raven started to fly faster, weaving through the decorations and guests as he flew lower, and finally, in a flurry and much fluttering of feathers, landed gently on Gwaihir's shoulder and whispered.......

"Happy birthday Gwaihir, hope it is a good one."

:raven:

Wyvern hums to the tune of "The Green Grass Grows All Around" as he scrapes the last of the Roasted Zucchini and Green Pepper Soufflé onto his plate. The overgrown lizard examines the large brown bowl to make sure he hasn't missed any small specks of green, then grins and glances back at the twenty other dishes he had passed through. The first half of the banquet table was a garden wasteland, with empty pots and plates stacked against each other over a torn tablecloth. Wyvern pauses for a moment to admire the mountain of Greenbean-Coleslaw-Cauliflower-Pea-Artichoke-Carrot-Potatoe-Jalepeneo-Lettuce-Pepper-Zucchini fry/soup/stir/salad/soufflé that rests on his plate. A jalapeneo head crowns the peak of the monstrous platter, nearly extending it to the Cabaret Room ceiling.

"Oh!" Wyvern turns from the banquet table for a moment on rings on a spare wine glass with a claw. "Happy Birthday Gwai, and thanksss for the good eats. I gotcha an Almost Dragonic Brand Anti-Pesticider Spray™... it's that crumpled giftwrap in the shape of a lady bug, over there in the corner. Works on farmers, gardners, and health inspectors by ssscenting plants with the alluring perfume of almost dragonic armpits. Carry on."

Wyvern turns back to the remainder of the platters on the banquet table, only to notice that several other party guests are beginning to approach it. The reptilian Elder frowns and steps in front of his mountain of food.

"Back off." Wyvern scowls and takes out a balloon interpretation of a poodle, which has been tied down in balloon string. He points a claw at the "poodle"'s long balloon head. "One step closer, and the dog gets it."

Wyvern glances left and right, not noticing his mountain of food as it begins to lean over a bit.

"That'ssss right, no false moves." Wyvern grins as the food starts to come down behind him. "Now, somebody chain that pheonix's neck and bring it over here. My meal could use a bit of heating."

;-p

OOC: Hope you had a good one, Gwaihir. ;-)

As Gwaihir enters the room, he is carrying six pots of zinnias and one pot of various weeds. It is clear that he did not expect all this but as he walks in he blushes pink, realizing what this is.

"Gyrfalcon, I can't belive you organized all this and"... here the strange elf pauses to inspect a lettuce leaf. You even got all of it from willing plants. How amazing you people are! I'm so hard to feed that no one makes me a banquet! And .....

That pheonix is the most beautiful bird I've ever seen! I wonder." Here Gwaihir breaks off his normal speech and begins to dance and wiggle at the magnicifcent bird.

The bird sniffs and is not clear whether it does not know Gwaihir's language well and is translating slowly or perhaps it is trying to decide whether the elf is worth answering. Regardless, no one finds out whether Gwaihir can communicate with pheonixes because here Wyvern seizes the pheonix's neck. His howls of pain as he tries to grasp a fiery bird drown out everything else for a few minutes.

A bit later, Gwaihir begins babbling again. "Sorry about that but I was trying to communicate with the pheonix in Common Vegetarian. I'm not sure if it knew it or not but they're such smart birds that it would have been worth a try." He glares to the doorway Wyvern passed through in his yowling search for cold water to comfort his arm.

"You people are amazing and I'm truly touched that so many people came and spent the time to send me good wishes. I am touched. This is exciting, Sweet may I open my present?"

"OOF, hello CheerMynx." The result of the impact was unresistable. CheerMynx was relatively dextrous and after knocking into Gwaihir she only rolled into two baloons but Gwaihir managed to knock into almost everything else. His ability to end up inside a woman's skirt might have been impressive if it had been on purpose. As it was, he missed seeing anything interesting but he did get hit on the head a few times by a mad woman with something like lead in her purse.

Still, when Mynx licked him, he had to chuckle.

Thanks you guys. This is awesome.