The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXVI: Vannacutt Point

Mynx

22 year old Evelyn Thorp is both exceedingly cute, and obsessively paranoid about just about everything. She's been rich her whole life and can ski quite well (just about the only thing she's not paranoid about is herself!). She's got brown hair, a little longer than shoulder-length, and usually up in a ponytail to keep it out of her matching clear brown eyes. Despite suspecting the worst about everything, she manages to be very cheerful, nonetheless.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I think we have about enough to get this party started.

The players are as follow:

• Charles Montagne - Lord Panther
  • Gabi Völker - Patrick Durham
  • Brad Stevenson - Gryphon
  • Annelise Berger - Tanuchan
  • Johann Olsen - Akallabeth
  • Gregor Mandalay - JDRollins
  • Tina - Sweetcherrie
  • Vinka Bogataj - Vahktang
  • Stefan Fiori - Elwen
  • Shayna Harmon - Evangeline
  • Evelyn Thorp - Azuran
Have I left anyone out?

We'll go with 2 Wolves I think, as well as Seer and Baner.

The next 48 hours or so after I get the first post up will just be your characters arriving at the lodge - play around, have some fun *grins* for the killing shall soon begin.

{{Should we know Dana?}}

Yes - She has the keys to open up the lodge and is unofficially in charge. You'll either know her from past seasons or from being told who she is when you got the job.

Apologies - I forgot to meantion how you would arrive at the lodge.

Until the road is cleared the only means of getting to the lodge is via helecopter. There is a landing pad walking distance from the lodge and your characters will be dropped off throughout the day and evening by a series of copters that are run by Vannacutt Point's base operations.

I think that clears it up...

If the newest and youngest at 21 rooms across from the 26-year old intern, where does the not-so-youngest at 23 and newest go?

I've never been here either...

Evangeline-

That portion of my post was simply invented (Mynx, if it isn't ok, just tell me and I'll edit).

My thinking was that Dana noticed Johann staring at Annelise, and thought that it would be somewhat of a suprise to him to be rooming across from Anne. Following that train of thought, the bit about the yougest and newest instructor having to room by the intern may or may not be true.

In other words, Dana may have just made up a "rule" for Johann's benefit.

All is fine.

Only thing I'd suggest is that some of you are leaping up the mountain when technically you're not allowed until you've been checked and briefed by Dana - Which will happen in about 24 hours from now give or take.

So yeah - restrain yourselves people! I know it's a shiny mountain but it's not going anywhere...

Ok, I'm confused. What's the timeline so far, and the projected timeline? When do we find out about our rooms/put our stuff down? Does delaying the day phase means another 24hrs of day, or is it night right now?

Ok, I'm confused. What's the timeline so far, and the projected timeline? When do we find out about our rooms/put our stuff down? Does delaying the day phase means another 24hrs of day, or is it night right now?

Evangeline, in this RP there's no rigid timeline unless the mod makes it very clear. So, just post whatever you feel your character would be doing, within the limits the mod gives - for example, right now it's after the briefing and the mountain is now open to play. The players in general will adapt to the previous posts, if they're not incoherent with the guidelines the mod give. So, see how "Annelise" left after the briefing (when in my original post she was going to continue from the point she left Johann soon after arrival), and how "Charles" arrived late at the mountain, missing the briefing.

Also, if you feel the need to add something that happened "before" what other players have done, just add something like a flashback/comment in the beginning of your post. So, if you want to say something about your room or where it is, you're free to do so without waiting for the mod or someone prompt you. We'll just ask you to take care if you're going to write a character interacting with yours in some detail... for example, "Annelise" and "Johann" have been interacting in both my posts and Akallabeth's; but we have discussed their background in PM, and the content of the post in itself (we've been cooperating). We both are open to editing whatever we write if we get the other's character wrong in some way. PMs for alliance aren't allowed, but it's always okay to communicate to set background and interaction, or to do cooperative writing. Sometimes the mod asks for copies of any PMs, too.

I would suggest you to read some older WW games, if you haven't done so yet. I'd say... WW III: The Case of Garnavon Hall (really nice RP and interaction from all involved); WW XVII: Pulp Wolf (for an example of the mod restricting the timeline); WW XXIV: Winter's Heart (for some real nice cooperative writing). There are lots of other very good WW games, but as I modded those three I remember better the details :).

Also, when the mod says just "24 hours" (or any other time range), it means in real time; game phases are made really clear in the text, usually through an OOC line saying something in the line of "now it's day phase/night phase". And within that 24-hour RP period, we are free to suppose either day or night unless the mod says otherwise (though we usually keep to just one general day ;)).

I hope that helps... sorry for the amount of info, and feel free to post or PM any doubt you have :)

~~~~~

Akallabeth, I'll be editing my last post so that I'm not implying we're talking at night; it occurs to me now that we really don't know at what time the briefing was, and it will be more coherent with Panther/Charles arriving soon after briefing (and still during the day ;)).

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

Next to her was Seth's snowboard, his boots attached. And his feet within the boots. The rest, it seemed, had been sawn off below the knee.

That was _so_ kewl.

Well done.

Applause.

Good start.

:)

Besides, she didn't know where the moguls were yet

There would be no moguls yet.

Moguls are made by the actions of the skiers.

Hey, if we kill off an NPC first off, shouldn't their name be Kenny?

:)

And now, a flashback.

Then, back to the action.

Edited by Vahktang

I know that someone's got to make the first accusation, and I'm well aware that the first person to point a finger tends to set everyone against themselves...

In Brad's current high strung condition, since he's working himself into a panic, it might well be him that points the first finger, but I'm holding off that until more people have had a chance to post their initial reactions.

I'll try to make sure he can justify his accusations of course. That's going to be... fun.

>.< Fine, not moguls. Slaloms, then. Besides, I like those better anyway.

Shayna's acting very level-headed right now - but when she's alone in her room tonight, she'll shake and cry as much as the rest of you.

As always, at this early stage of the game I can probably be convinced to change my vote... but I fear we've been writing a bit of a emotionally charged rift between Charles and Brad, so overcoming that enough to give me an in character reason to alter my initial accusation could take a bit of work. ;)

*raises a finger to prove that he still lives*

I have a project to hand in tomorrow, so I won't be able to post before the end of the phase. (to tell the truth I also have quite a bit of reading to get caught up with also, which I'll do during the weekend). So, don't expect a vote from me this phase. ;)