The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXVI: Vannacutt Point

Mynx

As always, at this early stage of the game I can probably be convinced to change my vote... but I fear we've been writing a bit of a emotionally charged rift between Charles and Brad, so overcoming that enough to give me an in character reason to alter my initial accusation could take a bit of work. ;)

Ahh, but rifts can be fun to play out too, especially when you're wanting to play out a real prick of a character. ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akallabeth, I'm confused. Weren't you sitting in a snow-covered chair, trying to get your stomach under control? Then Shayna spoke to you...

Akallabeth, I'm confused. Weren't you sitting in a snow-covered chair, trying to get your stomach under control? Then Shayna spoke to you...

And after that, after he was done helping Dana, he went out for some breathing space. He said as much in his post ;)

That brought a feeling of shame to him, as he had been too queasy to even help Dana walk inside.

It's not always that we write all the details between two given posts, Evangeline... it's alright to skip stuff by just mentioning that they were done. Akallabeth needed to go forward in time a little bit, without actually having to go through all the dialogue/procedures. Sometimes it happens so - many times also due to time constraints when we're writing. Not everybody has the chance to go into PM communication to write a given character together with another person, specially if they want to post quickly because of something like voting deadline.

Hope you're having fun!

~~~~

Edit: typo

Edited by Tanuchan

*Thanks Tanny*

Evangeline, essentially what she said is right. Many times I'll not say exactly how I got from one spot to another, though I usually try to at least imply how my post connects to the other posts.

Except for Tuesdays and Thursdays of most weeks during this semester, my time to work on posts and reply to PMs is between about 9:00 and 12:00 PM. Other than that I rarely get other chances to get online to The Pen.

Thanks for taking the time to check! :)

Vahktang was the Seer.

Better luck next time? Feel free to continue conversations and interaction with Vahk, just no letting Vinka out of the storage room.

Night phase for the next 24 hours

Update: Survivor's list

• Charles Montagne - Lord Panther
  • Gabi Völker - Patrick Durham
  • Brad Stevenson - Gryphon
  • Annelise Berger - Tanuchan
  • Johann Olsen - Akallabeth
  • Gregor Mandalay - JDRollins
  • Tina - Sweetcherrie
  • Vinka Bogataj - Vahktang - Seer - Lynched
  • Stefan Fiori - Elwen
  • Shayna Harmon - Evangeline
  • Evelyn Thorp - Azuran
  • Seth - NPC - Wolf Kill #1

Can we still talk to her? Or is she lynched as in dead?

Yup, we can. But remember she's locked in a storage room, and will be there until the end of the game or until the mod decides otherwise :). For all purposes, Vinka is now an NPC controlled by Vahktang.

Also, it's never too much to remind that during night phase we aren't allowed to speculate about the wolves, pass on any kind of information about them, or accuse anyone.

Sorry Sweetcherrie...thanks for the idea though

Day phase

You have 48 hours to cast your arrows

• Tina - Sweetcherrie - Villager - Wolf Kill #2
  • Stefan Fiori - Elwen
  • Shayna Harmon - Evangeline
  • Evelyn Thorp - Azuran

Dang it.

My first game in a while, I'm even the seer, and yet again I'm one of the first to get lynched.

What is it about me?

Is that why you all like me to play, I'm an easy target

:)

Let's get Vahktang. It's like killing an NPC.

:) :)

No, I'm OK with it.

NPC is fun too.

Less time pressure, for one thing.

Have fun.

And, good hunting.

BTW, would anyone have been swayed if I had used my catch phrase:

"You'll be sorry."

And who here totally disapproves of that sort of thing?

More later,

Vahktang

BTW, would anyone have been swayed if I had used my catch phrase:

"You'll be sorry."

And who here totally disapproves of that sort of thing?

*pokes Vahktang*

That depends on whether I'm a wolf or a villager ;) But you know it's metagaming, and that's why I've always been against it - at least after I found out/deduced it was a catch phrase.

I do hope you keep having fun in spite of being locked into the storage room. Feel free to get Annelise near you (provided that she isn't already on the slopes, since she has an ongoing storyline that is not quite complete yet...).

Nice to have you back, and since I'll be modding next game, I hope to have you around for some time more :)

*hugs*

~Tanny

I'll be editing my IC reason for my vote into a previous post, just for RP reasons - sorry for that. It just happened that I have a storyline and some posts that were co-written with the intent of being posted in a given order, and RL has come in the way.

That also means that I'll almost certainly have to insert a post with Akallabeth right in the beginning of my (currently) last post or, if that's the case, delete it so that Aka can post in the correct order.

Sorry for the mess...

First off, apologies to anyone who missed this phase but I was running on a rather tight schedule.

It is now night phase for roughly 24 hours.

You all know what to do.

• Stefan Fiori - Elwen
  • Shayna Harmon - Evangeline - Villager - Lynched
  • Evelyn Thorp - Azuran

So... what does a Baning mean? Is there only one wolf now, or are there still two? It was hard to tell from the post.

A baning means that either the baner has targeted the night's kill, or a wolf.

Depending on the rules for the current game the baner targeting a wolf might mean that there is no kill, or if there are two wolves it might mean a 50% chance of stopping the kill. Targeting the wolves' target generally always means that there is no kill.

Sorry I forgot to meantion that before.

This is how baning usually (and in this game) works:

If a wolf is baned and there is more than one wolf, there's a 50% chance of the kill going through.

If a wolf is baned and it is the only one, no kill

If a wolf's chosen victim is baned, no kill

If anyone but the wolf or their chosen victim is baned, it makes no differece.

So with what just happened, your baner either baned the Wolve's target, or they baned one of the wolves and got lucky.

On account of the severe lack of lynch votes and the limited time left in this day phase, I'm extending the phase for an extra 8 hours from this time stamp.

Please vote guys cause I don't want to have to resort to dice

Edit/Update:

• Brad Stevenson - Gryphon - Baner - Lynched
  • Stefan Fiori - Elwen
  • Shayna Harmon - Evangeline - Villager - Lynched
  • Evelyn Thorp - Azuran
Night phase for 24 (ish) hours from this edit timestamp.

Specials...well...Wolves, PM me

Edited by Mynx