The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

ABC game

Tanuchan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xenial xerophilious xenagogue-xemes xerocopy xeric xanthic xebecs

Translation: Friendly fork-tailed gulls, who are guides and are are adapted to an extreme lack of water, photocopy extremely dry yellow three-masted pirate ships.

How does one photocopy a pirate ship, exactly?

Or, because typos can be funny, a pirate's hip? Maybe pirates have a weird sense of humour - instead of mooning the photocopier, they lie sideways on it...

Yarrrr, yesterday your Yankee yokel yeilded your yttrium yacht, yet yonder yellowbelly yeoman yammers yes?

(Sorry, I got carried away a bit...)

Aw, yaarr at you! Find me a better verb beginning with X!

(Despite a moderate search I could find no verbs beginning with x besides xerocopy, xerox, x-ray and xylograph, but yes it did bother me mildy that I couldn't make a better story out of my sentence.)

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd finish the alphabet, at least...

Zounds! Zorro's zealous zipper zipped zany Zorastro's zapper!

Translation: Holy Cow! Zorro's faithful closure caught crazy Zorastro's zap-gun!

And I really do mean a weapon, not any sort of double entendre...

Edited by Evangeline

Choosy Crowded Cabaret Customers Compare Cristina, Claire; Company Closes

It's a news article heading: Choosy crowds of cabaret customers compare two of the dancers, and the company closes as a result.

Edited by Evangeline

Hairy humans horrendously heckle horizontal hampsters harbouring horrible humours.

(Well, that's how the poor things walk, of course they're going to be narky if someone heckled them...) :turned:

Elvina :wolf:

Edited by Elvina

"Quiet quadripelegic quadruplets quarrantined questing quadruepeds!" quoth Quentin, querrelously.