The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

hullo again.

Brute

Hiya folks. Been a long while since I've been here.. things have changed. Then again, I suppose some things never do, do they? Tall, Dark and Scary has really missed you folks. Pull up a chair and wring some booze outta the lizard, I've new fuel for my muse. Time is my unseen enemy, for I do not know what lies ahead. Then again, which among us do? For the moment, Brute has returned.

I have stories to tell.

The power of love and faith allows me to take what is broken and make it whole.

Vlad slides into the thread, pounces on Brute, and lands in a chair next to him.

"Barkeep? Drinks please, and keep 'em coming!"

Turning to face the old stranger, the lich smiles (as much as he can, anyways) and patiently waits to hear the stories.

Black poped out from the back of the bar and grins. The barkeep isnt here so consider me his replacement! Preparing three drinks Black hopped over the bar and took a seat next to the duo. Slide a drink to both fellows Black awaited stories as well.

Edited by Black9

*Zool glances down from his portrait, eyebrows arching dramatically.*

"Well thwap my chicken - it's Brute!" he said in astonishment

The rubber chicken's head rises from it's usual pose of being flopped over Zool's arm and looks at the familiar but strange form of Brute in astonishment, gives an excited cluck of astonishment, then flops back down.

"Exactly!" agreed Zool in astonishment.

It's very astonishing (and good!) to see you here! :woot:

Edited by The Portrait of Zool

Elation and joy are tempered by the hints in his words and eyes, and what might very well have been the first-ever witnessed tacklehug by the solemn Huntress turns into a quiet approach and a warm, strong hug, instead. Yui-chan smiles softly and plants a kiss on Brute's dark cheek.

Heyya, stranger. Welcome home.

Yours,

~Yui

Arielle, one of the Manor of Tongue's Café waitress, rushes over the Cuisine where Celes is discussing with Alice.

- Madame! Madame!

- What it is Arielle?, asks Celes with curiosity.

- It's Brute! He's back! Right here in the Pen!

- Brute? Really? Well, that's one folk I havent seen since a while!

(OOC: Welcome back Brute. ;) )

Wyvern's Almost Dragonic Brand Farmhand-Shaped Chicken Thwapper™ rubs against several rear ends suggestively as he shoves his way through the excited crowds. The words "Cocka-Doodle-DOOM" glitter across the contraptions palm in a not-too-quaint "slaughterhouse redish-purple" color.

"'Sssscuse me. Comin through. Just here to do my duty."

Wyvern halts upon reaching the Portrait of Zool, and raises the chicken thwapper. He pauses when he notices a familiar figure out the corner of his beady eyes.

"Oh, hey there Brute."

Zool's rubber chicken cringes as Wyvern raises the thwapper higher. It then breaths a cluck of relief as he drops the device.

"Brute?!"

Wyvern turns and immediately begins groveling at the Mighty Booze Prophet's feet.

"O Great Booze Prophet, please hear me out before dealing your vengeance! I-I realize this looks bad, but they're not as sober as they seem. Honessstlly! I really am generous with the Decanter of Endless Mea- I mean Bru- I mean Booze! I've been a bad lizard, forgiiiiive meeeeeeeee."

"Uhhh." Brute raises a brow and places a pale hand on the lizard's head. "It's uhhh, it's good to see you to Wyv."

;-)

OOC: Great to see you back on the Pen boards Brute, welcome! :) Feel free to take back the Decanter of Endless Booze whenever you see fit, Wyvern has actually not been using it lately (you come in the nick of time- he was scheming to auction off to bid on Pen babes in the next bachelorette auction!)