The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Summer Carnival Beauty Pageant

Mynx

Amidst the growing crowd on the beach, a small army of kitten minions appeared, quickly building first a low catwalk styled stage along an area of the waterfront, and then a booth next to it. In a swish of satiny fabric, CheerMynx glided onto the stage, smiling widely at the small crowd who had gathered in curiosity. Waiting for the minions to disappear, CheerMynx stopped in the centre of the stage and struck a pose, before she began to speak

"It is like so totally time everyone! Welcome to the first ever Summer Carnival Beauty Pageant! The wonderful Gryphon has set up the portal from the Pen to this beautiful beach, so now it's time to put this perfect setting to use.

So, first off you all need to like totally know that this contest is open to anyone, okay? That means female, male, animal, mineral, vegetable, you are all like more than welcome to enter!

The Pageant will be broken up into 5 areas and a panel of three judges will decide who is to be our Beauty King/Queen/Whatever!

The 5 areas are as follows:

• Introductions
  • Formal Wear
  • Talent Show
  • One Question Interview
  • Swim Wear
Each section will be judged for its creativity in the writing and description of the situation.

There's a prize of 50 Geld waiting for the winner and a runner up prize of 25 Geld!

So come on peoples! You have until July 18 to sign up! Don't be shy!"

With a last twinkling smile, CheerMynx glided off the stage, disappearing from view before Mynx returned once more in her deathrobe and set up a clipboard and a pen on the booth, a kitten minion sitting next to it in wait for the first applicant.

OOC: While all of the marked sections will be in story format, I will be placing the main thread in the Conservatory as character interraction in between events is more than welcome. I am also looking for two willing applicants to help me judge the contestants.

Any questions, just ask me or the cheerleader :P

An owl flew through the portal and landed softly in the sand before stumbling in a small rock and falling on its face. In a flurry of feathers and arms Patham appeared, stood up and dusted off himself as if nothing had happened. He looked around to see whether anyone had seen his small accident.

Patham walked to the stage and listened to Cheermynx describing what was going to happen. A beauty contest. Patham although not the most beautiful thought that he did have some charms. And besides it could be fun. He picked up the clipboard and the pen and signed his name at the top of the page. Smiling at the kitten he handed the clipboard and the pen back.

A small cloaked figure starts bouncing as Cheermynx announces that vegetables are allowed to take part as well. In its excitement, it starts poking random bystanders and asking questions without waiting for the answers.

"Vegetables? Did she really say vegetables?"

"Excuse me mister, did you hear that as well?"

"Missus? Can vegetables really take part in this?"

"Ehh, could you gimme a hand, oh, never mind!"

Excitedly, the cloaked figure bounces a few times to gain speed and altitude, and then launches itself right onto the booth next to the clipboard. Tiny arms are stretched and wrapped around the pen, and the figure starts running around excitedly, holding the pen against the paper at certain moments. When it puts the pen back down, another name has been added to the list.

"Tom Atoe"

Madame Quixotic was drawn to the advertisement of a beauty pagent like women are drawn to Orlan. She sauntered across the beach in typical gypsy fashion, not having had time to change into beach attire before arriving to sign up. She scrolled her name across the sign up sheet and winked to mynx whispering, "I only pity the competition. I'm clearly the definition of sexy. CLEARLY." With that she turned to return to her caravan, her many bracelets jingling and thinking she really needed different attire to handle the heat.

~Madame Quixotic

Revealing all the fates have to offer.

Gryphon approaches the booth with quiet dignity.

"I'm afraid that there is no such thing as acceptable swimwear for gryphons, and I look simply terrible with wet feathers, however if you'll have me, I'd like to volunteer to help with judging the contestants."

Striding through the portal with strains of beautiful ethereal music following him comes a man in a tailored suit. The suit, made from a silky black material, is embossed and embroidered with all manner of musical notes and instruments. A bell chimes on his left lapel while from the right comes cascading washes of semiquavers. In his hand a vial, an elixir, the purest distillation of music known to man or beast. He quaffs the vial in one fell swoop and saunters to the table, confidence oozing from every pore.

"I will enter your contest Cheer Mynx!" The voice, melodic and enticing, with a power audible to all. "Where do I sign?"

"Er...on the paper which says sign here."

"I knew that!"

The evangelist signs the form with a flourish, adding a little tune to his autograph. "To my dearest fans."

Nyyark approached the booth wearing his usual heavy black cloak lugging a large bag on his back. The signup quill slipped from his sweaty palms as he tried to pick it up. Wiping his forehead dry he tried again and succeeded.

Contestant Name: Nyyark

Race: Human

Dropping the now damp and salty quill Nyyark headed off to look for somewhere to change

CheerMynx raises a brow as she notices an all-too-familiar almost dragonic figure approaching her sign-up booth. Already nauseated by the thought of Madame Quixotic in a two piece suite, she attempts to hide her sign up board as the lizard gets closer. Wyvern arrives before Mynx manages to cover everything, and extends a claw.

"Gimme the sign-up sheet, I want in."

"Like, you want to be in the Beauty Pageant?" CheerMynx sighs and shakes her head, then hands Wyvern the sign up board. "I s'pose it can't be helped..."

"And what'sss that supposed to mean?" Wyvern sticks his scaly snout up haughtily. "I'll have you know that I am almost a sex symbol. Only gold dragons are comparable, and they've got an unfair advantage."

"Uhh huh." Mynx rolls her eyes.

"Besides, I've brought along a little 'extra security' to make sure I win this thing." Wyvern sneers and raises a bag labeled "Cosmetics." A skull and cross bones is brandished beneath the label. "Placing first is gonna be my ticket to stardom on the auction block, just you wait and see. Plenty of gals out there will be mud wrestling to bid on me once I'm labeled 'Pen Beauty King.'"

Wyvern scrawls his signature onto Mynx's board, then hands it back to her. She tucks it back into place and lets out a long sigh.

"Like, y'know, you shouldn't count your almost dragolings before they hatch."

"Easssiest title I'll ever win." Wyvern lets out a sinister cackle and winks. He then picks up his "Cosmetics" bag and turns to wait with the other contestants. "Watch and learn, Mynxy."

With a last brush stroke Sweetcherrie put the brush on the side, and tied her hair back in a ponytail. It wasn’t the most charming look, but with the heat on the beach it was the most practical one. She had been hesitant to sign up for this beauty pageant, but had finally decided that it wouldn’t matter if she’d win or not, it would already be fun to compete. She found her sunglasses and walked out to the portals that lead to the beach and the campsite. After having put the sunglasses on, and taking her pumps off, she stepped through the beach portal, and ten seconds later Sweetcherrie wriggled her toes in the warm sand.

Approaching the beauty pageant stand she already heard the almost dragon boasting about his qualities with loud voice, and Sweetcherrie couldn’t help but smile. When the lizard had finished declaring how special he was, she stepped up and asked for a pen. With an elegant curl she signed her name on the paper, and put the pen back down. It was done now, and she would see how to manage through. With a sigh she wandered towards the other stands.

Anna slowly walked along the beach...when she heard the annoucement and jumped at the chance to meet some of the Pens beauties. Where it was true she had not looked her best for the moment...she can always change at a later date. Walking up to the booth, Anna looked over the clipboard and smiled.

Anna-"We'll, I don't considermyself a beauty, but I'll give it my best shot." Anna stated shyly as she signed on the dotted line.

After walking around the carnival for a little bit, Racouol noticed a the beauty contest signup booth in the distance. "interesting, I wonder what it takes to sign up" he quietly muttered to himself as he walked up to the booth. His eyes lit up when he read the rules and he quickly signed his name onto the signup sheet. He then Read the names of all the other applicants "It looks like I already won this contest, unless Orlan desides to sign up." Racouol loudly muttered to himself. "Still if he does sign up, Orlan would lose to me once we got to the talant contest.All the woman will fall head of heels for me once I start singing."

Murdock and Wyvern both looked up when they heard racouol talk about singing. They saw Racouol at the beauty contest booth with the pen in his hand. They both immediatly dropped what they were doing at the time and rushed at Racouol, throwing everyone that was slow to get out of their path towards Racouol. Murdock came in from the right launching himself at Racouol while Wyvern came in from the left dove and took out Racouol's legs. "Don't you dare sign up!" bot Wyvern and Murdock yelled while Wyvern was busy twisting Racouol's legs into a prezel like shape and Murdock was crushing every vital organ in the torso.

"I already did" Racouol weakly said before he passed out from his injuries

Hmm... well, why not?

I'm not sure yet which character I'll be using, though... probably Thomas the Minstrel (eenie-meenie....). I'll confirm this later on :)

Question: can we sign up with two characters? Or is that a "one character by writer" event? :flower:

An old rotting tree stump hops up to the booth and signs up. Stumpy turns to find that he's being stared at and speaks up.

Stumpy-"Yes! I have signed up and you all have no chance! Ha!"

Name- Stumpy

Sex- Plant

Height- 2 feet

Width- 2 feet

:) weeeeeeee

*Appy bounces along the beach when she notices a table to sign up for Beauty Queen stuff and comes to a screeching stop*

"Hmmm..."

*She hops off her skippy ball and wanders over to the table, sits down on the handy stump of wood someone left there and stares at the sign-up list*

"Apaltra should sign up! She's beautiful!"

*After that exclamation Appy grabs the pen and starts working on the A*

-Stumpy jiggles and look up-

"Eep!"

*Appy jumps up and looks down at the stump of wood*

Get off me!

-Stumpy gives Appy an annoyed look-

"Oh wow! I'm sorry! I didn't know you were someone.. or something.. alive I mean!"

*Appy giggles a bit after having a better look at Stumpy*

"You're cute! Did you just sign up?"

Yes I did

and I will win.

"Well, I'm signing up my big sister, so you don't stand a change of course, but I'll cheer for you!" *Appy beams at her own generous gesture*

-Stumpy smiles as much as a tree stump could-

*Appy looks again at the paper and notices the last name on the list*

"Well, Stumpy, I'm sorry I sat on you.."

Its ok

*Appy smiles*

"You were comfy though" *beam*

Thanks... -Stumpy wonders if thats a good thing-

*Appy thwirls the feather in her hand, turns back to the paper and finishes the name Apaltra with the tip of her tongue sticking out of her mouth*

"There!"

Signing up your sister huh...does she kow?

"Not yet...." *Appy grins widely, grabs her skippyball and runs off towards the Keep's groves, shouting over her shoulder at Stumpy*

"Thanks again, and good luck! I've gotta go find my sister now to tell her!"

Nice meeting you, c-ya

"Bye!"

*And with that, Appy dissapears into another sunset"

OOC: in other words, I'm signing up my character named Apaltra, Appy's big sister... and a big thank you to Black9 for creating this post with me in IRC! ^_^ (in case it wasn't too clear, he's the one between the - - and in bold type ;) )

As many characters as you wish.

Each will be marked separately.

*grins*

Come one come all!

Thomas the Minstrel is in (there's a description at the Piazza of Portraits).

Hmm... and Tanny-wolf also ;)

And sorry... too sleepy to write something IC for both of them :P...

Suddenly there is a change in the air of the Carnival, the gathered pennites turn, each looking for the source of the change. The Beach itself seems to buzz with life and purity, each soft caress of the air bringing beauty to whatever it touches.

A soft shadow fills the area around the pagent sign up, soft satin robe hiding the figure beneath as the newest entrant walks slowly forward.

Midway to the sign up the new comer stops, turning gracefully to see all from the folds of her hood, then as she continues forward, the satin robe seems to hang suspended, and out from under the soft folds steps the exquisite beauty of Mallory.

Her eyes deep blue survey the gathered crowd, each line of her face hinting of the inspiration from where her form came, her hair long and flowing, tumbling across her shoulders. Each movement revealing the toned strength of a practiced dancer. Her shoulders curve gently to the striking beauty of her figure, hidden by a gown that seems to defy gravity in the way it holds to her supple form. Each step she takes reveals the smooth tanned skin of her legs through the slits of her gown, one on each side, running gently to the edge of her hips.

:raven:

Name- Mallory

Sex- Female (animation)

Height- 5' 10''

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

Well now we do have a nice mix here...

*grins*

Okay signup is officially closed.

Round one will begin in the next few days.

And I am still looking for a third judge to join myself and Gryphon.

Any takers?

No contestants please

Okay here's the official lists...

Hostess:

• CheerMynx
Judges:
  • Mynx
  • Gryphon
  • Peredhil
Contestants:
  • Patham
  • Tom Atoe
  • Madame Quixotic
  • Musicevangelist
  • Nyyark
  • Boslio Ganaffi
  • Wyvern
  • Sweetcherrie
  • Racouol
  • Stumpy
  • Apaltra
  • Thomas the Minstrel
  • Tanny-wolf
  • Mallory
  • Anna
I think that's everyone?

Let me know if I left you out.

*grins*

Wyverns and treestumps and cartoons, oh my!

Edited by Mynx