The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

RAAAAAAWR!

Mynx

Skidding into the room, Mynx hits a poor unsuspecting Gryphon with a full blown flying tacklehug, with enough velocity to knock the larger predator to the ground where he proceeds to be snuggled by Mynx and hundreds of her kitten minions.

"Happy Birthday Baby! Hope you like your gift"

In between snuggle attacks, Mynx finds time to pull from one of the many pockets in her robe a large silver amulet, designed to fit around her partner's neck, with a blue gemstone set into the middle of it. In the middle of the gem sits a lock of the feline's hair.

Smiling, Mynx places it around Gryphon's neck whilst he still struggles to escape the kitten attacks and kisses him gently on the cheek.

[OOC: Ah, the wonders of an endless supply of minions... :D Have a good day my love!]

YanYan Ganaffi walks up to to Gryphon with a cardboard box, placing it on the ground infront of him. "I give you the gift of love....From a disco-singing howler monkey." YanYan opens the box, releasing a howler monkey dressed in a white disco jacket, Elton John glasses, and a John Travolta "Saturday Night Fever" wig. "Enjoy!"

The Raven lands on the head of the Gryphon, looking down at him from the upsidedown and highly quizzical viewpoint of a bird perched on your head, and in a amusing yet feindishly friendly manner, grins.

"Wow, you even getting the wrinkles going there mate......"

Flying off rather rapidly to avoid the swat from Mynx, the Raven Dons his aviators and still grinning begins a curcuit of the room singing in a very loud and annoyingly piercing pitch,

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Gryphon, happy birthday to you."

:raven:

All the best my friend, be safe, and enjoy your new year.

:raven:

Yui-chan scoops up a random kitten minion as she passes through the Cabaret Room door, her quiet steps slow enough to settle the surprised furball into the crook of her arm and entice it into happy purrs by the time she's within a few steps of the feathered birthday boy. Seeing his current preoccupation with the rest of the adorable tormentors, she grins and tugs at her cloak, pulling it around to form a makeshift basket. One by one, the wriggling kittens find themselves transferred from a gryphon's sleek fur and feathers to a bed of black fabric until poor Gryphon is free enough to at least sit up and bat in good-natured annoyance at the stragglers still clinging to his wings.

The Huntress smiles, watching a particularly rambunctious caramel tiger gnaw ineffectively on one of his pinions. "I think, as minions go, these may be some of the most enjoyable I've had to deal with," she says with a wink, gently tumbling a little climber back into the 'pocket' of her extended cloak, "though I have to admit that cuteness is a potent and unexpected weapon. Give me just a moment..."

As Gryphon watches, puzzled, she turns and hunches her shoulders, leaning over the passel of collected kittens until they are bounded by the confines of her own shadow, their little eyes reflective as they blink up at her curiously. With a thought and a mischievous grin, the entire mass sinks into the darkness as if into oil, slowly disappearing from sight as the chorus of complaining meows fades into silence. Yui straightens, then, shaking out her cloak and leaning down to claim one of the few stragglers still harassing Gryphon to fill the now-empty spot in the crook of her arm.

"Now, then... I believe I heard that it's your birthday," the little woman intones, reaching into the inner pocket of her cloak. "I do not know you as well as I would like to, but I have something that I hope will appeal to you. It's ... in here somewhere..." She trails off, biting her lip as she rummages around.

"Um, Yui?" Gryphon asks hesitantly, teasing one of the minions with the tip of his tail. "You didn't do anything... unpleasant to Mynx' kittens, did you?"

The human blinks at the question, pausing in her rummaging to glance up at the birthday boy. "Oh! Of course not!" she says with a guileless look, that mischievous grin once again lighting her face. "I just sent them somewhere where I know they'll have a ton of fun playing."

Given her expression, Gryphon is suddenly unsure he wants to know, but he asks the question anyway. "And where's that?"

"Ozymandias' office," Yui responds, her eyes gleaming with pure devilment. It's gone so quickly that for a moment the half-lion wonders if he imagined it, but before he can make a determination, she continues on, changing the subject.

"Right, then. Happy birthday, Gryphon. I hope you enjoy your day and the company you have in it. This is just a little token of my good wishes for the next year of your life." So saying, the blonde bows politely and pulls a flat, wooden box out of her cloak to hand to him.

Carefully lifting off the lid with his talons, he finds himself staring down at the reflective sheen of a small, crystalline disc that's been embedded into a wooden plaque. While the disc is smooth and flawlessly flat, the plaque is carved with a graceful pattern of whorls and arcs that frames the crystal appealingly.

As Gryphon examines the details of these patterns, Yui chimes in quietly, "It's a view portal that I'm told is created from a piece of planar crystal. I'm not sure I believe that, but it works as a window into other places, regardless. When you touch it, it will show you a random moment of time from somewhere in the multiverse. I thought it might be useful to you as inspiration or just entertainment."

Backing away to let the next Pennite have their turn, the little woman smiles and bows her head. "Happy birthday, Gryphon. And many more to come..."

________

Elsewhere...

A dozen very happy kittens cover the surface of Ozymandias' desk, their 'mew's and 'yowl's mixing with the rustle of paper and the slow plip, plip of a puddle of black ink languorously dripping itself down to the tan-stone floor. What once were carefully organized piles of business records are now scattered decorations for the otherwise-austere office, their clean text and clear figures smudged with kitty footprints and pin-sized chew marks. The quill that used to sit neatly in its holder is now the central object in a rather raucous game of four-way tug-of-war, and in general, a good time is being had by all.

... except one.

Ozymandias sits at his desk chair with chin in fist, glaring doom upon the oblivious heads of all those little Mynx-minions while he studiously tries to ignore the pathetic yowling of the little calico that somehow got herself stranded on top of his bald head. At this point, he's already determined that fighting the deceptive devils just makes a bigger mess, so he resigns himself to seething in anger and waiting for them to wear themselves out. Kittens can't last that long, can they?

"Of course they can," the Loremaster grumbles to himself, shifting to grab the tail of a pot-bellied little grey that is trying to climb into one of his voluminous sleeves. "They're Mynx', after all." Ignoring its indignant protestations, he sighs and plunks it up on his head next to the calico, figuring that's where they'll get into the least trouble.

As time passes with no sign of imminent exhaustion, Ozy growls and promises, "A certain shadow Elder is going to pay for this... Oh, she'll pay..."

:woot:

PS: Ozy, the gauntlet is thrown. I dare you to get me back. >:}

Thank you all for the well wishing and presents. :)

They quite nicely match the ones I got given in RL. (Well wishes and presents :D)

I cant thank you all enough for this thread. Knowing I've got so many friends out there really means a lot to me.