The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XVI: Star Wolf - Sign up and OOC

Welcome, one and all, to the first (to my knowledge) Sci-Fi WW game.

In case you missed my post, we'll be playing in a Star Wars setting, as students at the Sith Academy on the planet Korriban. It will be set during the Old Sith Wars era – same as the game Knights of the Old Republic.

Here's some links to help you get your bearings.

Star Wars

The Jedi

The Sith

The Force

We'll be using the standard rules. The wolves will be Jedi Knights sent to infiltrate the academy, the baner and seer are Sith that have secret, unknown powers.

Game will start sometime after Monday

Let the signing up begin!

Edited by Wyvern

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mira Raiglan, from Onderon

Born to Jedi parents, started Jedi training at the customary age of five. However, showed a too rebellious nature, refusing to accept the discipline necessary to follow the path of the Light side. At 15 she met a dark Jedi at a party at the Jedi academy on Dantooine, who introduced her to the Dark side. Finally lured into accepting what already was second nature to her, she entered the Sith Academy at Korriban about a year later. She's been now two years in training, showing remarkable ability in the telekinetic powers of the Force.

Passionate and quick-tempered, ambitious and vengeful, always ready to use her anger to kill, she lives by the Sith Code:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

Edited by Tanuchan

Sign me up! I've seen pieces and bits of the old Star Wars movies, but never the entire thing. I love the new ones though. Character coming soon, as I've got a million and one things I should be doing right now. Hopefully my lack of knowledge won't inhibit me. *Remembers she has the entire collection* I'll have to watch those this weekend.

Anyways, character coming soon and I love these games.

Edited by dragonqueen

Mynx isn't quite as much of a Star Wars nut as I am... there's a definite upper limit to the number of times she's willing to watch the movies over and over and over again. ;)

However once we get home tonight and she gets access to my computer I dare say she'll probably sign up.

Are you kidding me? I love Star Wars! I just haven't had as many years to become immersed in it as Gryph has

*grins*

When I first heard there was going to be a SW game I wanted to be an Ewok (it's a long long story...[in a land far away])

But since it's in a Sith Academy...

My name is Jethay and I am a first year student at the Academy.

I was an orphan, dumped into an institution by parents who didn't want me and as a result I have harboured a mean distemper since a young age.

I still am in most respects an angry youth, and often get into fights at the Academy.

I am yet to display a specialty field, but i do show the potential for great power.

I just need to learn to control it... :D

Oh, and just for the record, as Jethay I am male and human.

I think that covers it all...

Edited by Mynx

I am Reaver Malice, having assumed that name upon obtaining the rank of senior student in the Academy to show my dedication to the cause of the Sith.

I am known to have a few scars and tattoos given to myself during the course of my training as part of proving my devotion to the Sith, few of which are visible when wearing the typical robes of a Sith student.

If I need to post more backstory let me know. :)

Name: Zarek Thraus

Race: Human

Planet of Origin: Corellia

History: Realized Dark side within at early age, killed parents shortly afterwards, and left planet shortly afterwards to find fortune elsewhere. Came to Sith Academy after wandering galaxy for several years, where he is now pursuing his calling as a Sith.

Is somewhat versed at piloting, having learned in a stolen craft of yet undecided make when fleeing to Yavin 4 before then proceeding to Korriban.

No Sith Lord has taken on the burden of his teaching yet.

My name is Rukmini.

People always wonder how I got in the academy, because I'm simply not smart enough to have gotten in. But then they take a look at my body and start thinking, that I probably slept with the person who did the intake.

I'm halfbread, part human and nobody knows what my father was, but the combination gave a wonderful mix of no brains and all body.

All this would still not be a problem, if I didn't think I was really smart, and therefor really annoying.

I am in the first year of the academy, for the second time around. (flunked the first year and was magically not kicked out, but granted to retake it)

OOC: Hope this is ok like this, As I said I'm not a big Star Wars connaisseur, butI'll do my best to keep up with the story ;)

- Sweetcherrie

Fxz'et

Race: Verpine (six foot tall insectoids with a penchant for taking stuff apart and putting it back together with "modifications")

When he was still a small child, Fxz'et's hive was attacked by a Sith Lord in retaliation for "improper" repairs of his ship (really, he didn't feel like paying for the repairs). Recognizing Fxz'et's strength in the Force, the Lord dumped him off at the Academy and went on his merry murderous way.

Fxz'et, like most of his race, is utterly enraptured with technology. Added to this is his proficiency in using the Force to affect all manner of electronics. In the five years he's been at the Academy, he's taken apart almost every piece of technology present at least once and disassembled no less than six lightsabers and reassembled them with improvements:

One lightsaber he gave a tri-blade with two blades perpendicular to the other. He failed to tell the lightsaber's owner who lost a leg and his left hand when he turned it on.

Another he added a genetic code security device to. Unfortunately, he never programed anyone's genetic code into it, so it doesn't turn on for anyone.

A third got a holdout blaster installed. Once again, he failed to tell the owner, who, while fighting another student couldn't figure out why his blade would only fire out blaster bolts. That student will be missed.

A fourth exhibited no noticeable change, making its owner incredibly wary of it, eventually building another lightsaber rather than risking using his "modified" one.

A fifth he installed a Sith holocron into the hilt. The holocron was meant to teach basic lightsaber technique. The lightsaber's owner, an older student, was not appreciative of the suggestion.

A sixth had an entirely silent blade (ie, it didn't hum like a regular lightsaber). No adverse affect came of this one.

No one's exactly sure whether the results of the less successful lightsabers (dismemberment, death, etc) were purposeful or accidental. As Fxz'et only modified the lightsabers of those he didn't care for (with the exception of the sixth), accidents seem unlikely. The success of Fxz'et's own lightsabers (he has made four and is working on a fifth, all with special modifications) also belie this fact.

Currently, Fxz'et is working on armor capable of protecting against lightsabers. The prototypes he's made seem promising, but no one has stepped forward to test them out.

Character edit:

Hmm, I was told that flunking in the Sith academy is equal to dying and that will not do, since Rukmini would then be dead from the start.

(any vampires in Star Wars?)

Sooo, Let's say she's in first year, and all are wondering how she got there, and doubting she'll make it to second year. (if it depends on brains at least)

- Sweetcherrie

I would like to play a Bothan called Klen. No-one in the academy (to his knowledge) knows his real name- he's notoriously tight-lipped about it. None even know the origin of the name 'Klen' as no-one (again, as far as he knows) has ever heard it; though linguists recognize it as Ubese dialect and to perhaps be a slang word, but that's as far as common knowledge has gotten.

He makes little secret of refusing to discuss his past or present outside of the academy with fellow students and teachers, a fact which meets with mixed reactions from his peers and generally either quiet amusement or open irritation from the Sith.

Klen's battle tactics, unlike his secrecy, are decidedly un-Bothan. He wields his red lightsaber as though it were an axe; hewing and slashing and chopping his way through battles, and shows his final oddity in a tendency to charge headlong into a fight first, and without a moment's hesitation, much like the more primitive races who still fight with sword, spear, and club. ...he also acquits himself without mercy and with open bloodlust as the most vicious of such races do. This has earned him many injuries, but also a grudging respect from those who realize the simple and absolute nature of his living the precepts of the Sith. Klen has earned distrust from more than a few as well, for those say that he lives the Sith way a little *too* eagerly.

He is also quite mystifyingly talkative and gregarious (mystifying indeed in a Sith acolyte) -until his past, home, or any other personal detail are mentioned. Then he simply acts as though he did not hear you.

The final clue as to who or what he really is his former master- Darth Tholl, a human with an even tigther mouth than Klen and markedly smaller amount of conversing with anyone who had a keen interest in genetic experimentation and vivisection.

Darth Tholl's shuttle exploded on the launch pad one month after Klen arrived. He was vaporized. The culprit was found to be an assassin droid, and Klen was cleared of all (open) accusation.

Name: Que-essa Damon

Race: Human

Planet of Origin: Coruscan

History: Since she was of a young age, she had always been drawn by the dark side of everything. She senses the force within her and realizes how easy she could use it to manipulate people to act as she desires so. She had been approached by a Sith who was more than eager to send her to the Sith academy. Since then, she keeps exploiting the Force toward her own ends.

Considering how primitive Ewoks are during the movies which is how many years AFTER this game is set...

Hell...a teddy bear with a saber...I'd be lynched first day :P

I'm happy with my character...I'll save the Ewok for another time...

*evil laughter*

Gryphon waits patiently (ish) for the game to get underway...

Come on, come on... I've got Star Wars on the brain and I should be working... ah well... Wanna play!

Fear attracts the fearful,

The strong,

The weak,

The innocent,

The corrupt.

Fear, fear is my ally.

I periodically forget that what's a weekday for me isn't a weekday for far too many others here.

Usually times like now when I've been back at work for 7 hours and I'm wanting something to do to distract me from work. :)

Ok, Ok...

Gryphon goes back to waiting patiently (ish)