The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Calling all those in martial arts...

Salinye

...for a maternity gi! Do they exist? If so, I can't find them or any other sort of maternity martial arts clothing. I know we have some people overseas who are heavily involved in the martial arts, so if you know of, or hear of anywhere that I can order maternity martial art clothing, that would be AWESOME! I don't need it yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of a few months!

Thanks in advance!

~Salinye :fairy:

's all about the mumu!

Sorry Sal, never needed one of them things and I don't think my organisation stocks them.

I guess they run on the assumption that by the time your belly becomes hindrence, you shouldn't be training...

*shrugs*

If I see something, I'll be sure to let you know :D

I guess they run on the assumption that by the time your belly becomes hindrance, you shouldn't be training...

You obviously haven't spent enough time yet talking to Sal. Otherwise, you'd know she'd never let a little thing like advanced pregnancy stand in the way of what she wants to do. :D

Of course, if one was so inclined, they could research the... construction... (I'm not sure what the proper word would be for 'making of clothes' would be) of a normal Gi, then enlist someone with the proper skills to make one especially for you... who knows, you could turn it into a business! ...or at least, when you're done with it, sell it on ebay for some cash ;p

You obviously haven't spent enough time yet talking to Sal.

Hey, all I said was that OTHER people assume this.

I'm insane enough to know that if you're stubborn, you'll do something no matter what...

*grins*

Quothe the feline who trains with back injuries...

I don't want to hijack the tread, but while we're searching for a maternity gi for Sal, what martial arts do you others do? I didn't realise there were so many people on here who train in something.

I'm not practicing much at the moment, but I've been doing ITF Tae kwon do for years.

I've done Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, and Jujitsu over my life.

In a lot of martial arts, if you don't have you Gi you don't have a rank. You're below even the lowest ranked member of the class, as long as they have their Gi. I don't know if that has any impact on Sal wanting one, or if it's any other reason. As far as I know, they don't really expect pregnant women to be actively training, so they probably don't make them in maternity sizes.

In most places your rank is whatever you've earnt, no matter what you wear. But if you dont have the correct uniform then you take the appropriate place in the line up.

There have been times when I ended up last below all the beginers despite holding the second highest rank in my old club.

The thing is that no-one minds that much. After all - you know what rank you are and so does everyone else.

The place you stand in line is just protocol.