The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WWXIV: The Valley of the Kings.

OOC PART:

RULES

1. No PM'S between the villagers, Seer and Baner allowed. Only the Werewolves are allowed to PM each other.

2. Night Phase: Since the mummies are only active at night, this is when the lynching process occurs. The one who have the most vote stacked against him or her will be eliminated. RPwise, this mean that the unfortunate one is forced to leave his chamber opened to the egyptologist.

3. Day Phase: This is when the villagers fall asleep in their sarcophagae while the Seer, Baner and Werewolves will be active.

Werewolves: These fellows decided that they should enjoy the riches in the crypt alone and they are aware that a team of egytologists is actually searching the complex for tombs. They decide to leave clues, making the tombs found easily by the searchers. They are allowed to PM each other.

Seer: PM's the moderator (ie myself), naming who he/she's seeing. The moderator will answer truthfully.

Baner: Will erase the marks made by traitors, saving a mummy's unlife. If he chooses to mark a Werewolves' tomb, no killing as well.

Victims destiny: Once discovered by the egyptologist, the mummies and their possessions will be send on a one-way trip over the British Museum, where they'll resume their unexistence.

PC's (in subscription order):

Vahktang: Moses - Israël Ambassador

YanYanGanaffi: Benny Sandpounder - Pharoh's personnal bodyguard

Tanuchan: Nehrathi - One of the Queen's maid

Cryptomancer: Imhotep - Cleric

Ayshela: Napheen, Pharoah's children's nurse

Gnarlitch: Pamiu, the Pharoh's older cousin and one of his chief advisors

Merelas: Esaneh, the court scribe for the Pharoh

Dean the Adequate: Khaires, the wines servent

Gryphon: Rahotep, junior officer in the pharoah's army assigned to the palace staff.

Knight: Khe, the "new guy" in Rahotep's squad of guards...

NPC's (all by Lady Celes Crusader)

Maesha Ured - The Pharoh's favorite dancer, also rumored to be his mistress.

Six charming dancers that accompagnies Maesha. All of them have for main purpose to distract the inhabitants and helping Imhotep in any ritual that requires dancing.

IC

In the famed Valley of the Kings, in the heart of Egypt, a team of egytologist discovered what seems to be a huge complexe. When they uncovered most of the hyeroglyphs, they realized that several sepultures are locked inside this wonder.

When night falls, strange activities occurs in the vast central hall of the funeral complexe. Gathered around a fire, seven females mummies where dancing, following the chanting of one of them, singing for Osiris. The audience is composed of a rather heteroclite assembly of individuals. While two of them seems to look at each other amorously, three others are discussing spiritual matters. Two guys, who were guards in their former life are watching the dancers casually when others were simply remembering the great moments of their previous lives.

(OOC: 24 hours roleplay)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rahotep watches the dancers move and listens to the chanting, for the moment at peace.

He casually glances over at his long time friend Nehrathi who is once again making eyes at Esaneh who in turn is making eyes back... Smiling to himself he wonders if they're going to ever get around to asking permission of Imhotep to see them finally wed.

He turns back to watch the dancers with Khe, once the 'new guy' of the guard, now a long, long, long time companion. :)

Smiling at Esaneh, Nehrathi whispers her love, and they talk absolutely unaware of the world outside.

"Where is Imhotep, dearest? Maybe tonight we can finally talk to him..." Nehrathi looks around, searching for the cleric, and her eyes fall on Rahotep. Smiling, she waves at him.

After some words to Esaneh, she kisses his cheek shyly and runs to her childhoood friend and confidant, hugging him.

"Rahotep! I didn't see you last night... where were you? Maybe finally you asked Napheen out?" Her lips form a perfectly mischievous grin, eyes twinkling in a way Rahotep recognizes.

He laughs quietly, returning the hug and looking at her affectionately.

"Stop trying to throw Napheen in my arms? She's a gentle, nice young woman but I don't think she's interested. And I'm not sure I am interested either, you little sprite!" He pats her cheek, an amused tone in his voice. "And besides, where I would ask her 'out' to?" He winks.

"Aww..." she pouts, but it's clear to anyone who has known them that it's part of a common byplay between them, Nehrathi having always been good-natured and filling the Queen's chambers with her gentle laugh.

Edited by Tanuchan

Benny Sandpounder watches the dancers as they twirl and sway. He occasionally steals a glance at Nahrathi as she talks to Esaneh. He had faced many a foe on the battlefield and saved the Pharoh's life twice from assassins, but he lacked the corage to tell Nahrathi how he felt. With a sigh, he goes back to watching the dancers.

Moses stalks the chamber, on the periphery.

He never felt quite as welcomed by the others as he felt he should have.

Certainly, everyone was courtly, amost friendly, but not close.

It was all his time in the hinterlands and over the border, and the Two Kingdoms normal paranoia and xenophobia.

Anything foreign...

The Pharoh himself held him in respect and trusted his counsel on otherwordly, uh, international matters.

But the last time they had talked had been...when?

Ah well, nothing to be done except wait.

He sits, watches, waits.

A flicker of movement from the corner of Rahotep's eye draws his attention into the shadows, movement where it shouldn't be... old guard instincts die hard, especially after so many years.

He relaxes as he recognises Moses keeping to the edge of the gathering not mixing with the group as usual. Rahotep had never been sure how to take the Ambassador to Israël. It's hard to know what someone is thinking when theykeep to themselves so much, and Moses was a strange one anyway...

But then so were so many of the other Ambassador's of the Two Kingdoms. Still, you never can tell with outlanders and those that associate closly with them.

Rahotep turns most of his attention back to the dancers, keeping a basic awareness of the rest of the group.

Edited by Gryphon

Absorbed in his work, neither the dancers nor the music they move to are noticed by Imhotep, his concentration focused on th scrolls of his life's work, his mind still seeking the answers that he sought in life, even now, even when his body was no more than an animated shell holding his conciousness in its undead existance.

Scrolls litter the ground at his feet, his finger tracing the one unraveled on his knees as he sits and reads.

:raven:

Esaneh smiles as he watches Nehrathi banter with Rahotep, knowing that their friendship ran deep. They had been friends even before he and Nehrathi had met, and that was saying something.

Ever mindful of his duties, he takes up his papyrus pressed paper and brush, walking over to Moses, the ambassador.

Bowing, he asks, "Is there any message I could convey to the Pharoah for you as his scribe, ambassador?"

Edit: Replace "pharoah" for "king"

Edited by Merelas

Maesha Ured stopped her singing on a soft note. Once she had been a beauty that a statue barely managed to grasp. Now she an emaciated corpse who still keeps a dignified allure onto herself, although the spark of life shimmers in her eyes. Like the others, her heart is still in her funeral jar although Imothep managed to restore the eyes and the brains. The sun was about to rise and everyone silently followed their way over their crypt.

Nehrathi gently kisses Esaneh while the two guards shared one last good laugh before slumber. Imothep hopes that the dreams will give him answers to the numerous mysteries while Moses wondered if his wait will ever end.

The following night started with a scream. Everyone gathers around the entrance of what seems to be, Hemahibe, one of the dancer's tomb. Maesha cries in despair.

- Osiris will be upset! Someone tooked Hemahibe's belongings and she's gone too!

Everyone looks at each other, wondering what happened here and who is behind this.

(OOC: Everyone had their role assigned and NIGHT PHASE begins. Time to vote against whom you think is behind this. I give you 48 hours to decide. Happy Hunting!)

Napheen wanders over to Nehrathi, glancing at Rahotep with a small smile as she passed.

"Nehrathi, i'm so glad to see you. This is quite disturbing! Have you any idea what happened to Hemahibe? i only heard the last of the announcement, and i don't quite understand what's happening."

"Who in Amun's name would do such a thing?".

Rahotep has a decidedly shocked air about him, after so many years of existance it has obviously thrown him that one of the group arrayed before him could do such a thing to Hemahibe.

Desperate to regain some hold on what he considers to be 'normal' in his 'life' Rahotep steps back and tries to observe the others to see if anyone seems, maybe a little less surprised than the others.

I'm a guard, not an investigator! he thinks to himself.

Nehrathi gasps in surprise at the news, looking around for Esaneh. Finding him, she rushes to his side and hugs him.

"Esaneh, Esaneh... how could something like this happen to Hemahibe? Where is she, how could anyone take her from us?"

Esaneh holds her closely, trying to comfort her while he asks the same questions in his mind. "It's a terrible thing... in all this milennia here no one has disappeared before..." he glances around, but soon turns his full attention to his fiancée, comforting her with soft words.

Napheen wanders over to them, lost.

"Nehrathi, I'm so glad to see you. This is quite disturbing! Have you any idea what happened to Hemahibe? I only heard the last of the announcement, and I don't quite understand what's happening."

"The last I saw of her was when we were leaving for our tombs... they say all of her has disappeared, her heart and her belongings also... " The two friends get closer, finding a measure of peace in each other's presence. "Hemahibe was quite a dancer... so gracious and lithe... no one here would do anything to risk her, I'm sure of that!"

The other mummies also gather in small groups, and Nehrathi sees Rahotep with his guard detail. From his positioning and the way he stands, she knows he's observing unobtrusively all that happens. A small smile come to her lips as Napheen follows her eyes and also rests her look on the "young" officer.

"He's handsome, isn't he, Napheen?" Nehrathi glances at her friend, still smiling. She knew Napheen would have been blushing slightly if she were alive.

"Tomb Raiders," says Moses.

"Even in our time of first life they existed, scorning the warnings and punishments.

"Recently I had a dream of one, a single person, a woman, she wore shorts and a top that left her arms bare, and she carried two weapons, short metal wands that spat death at all that threatened her. Pray that is only a dream and that she is not real and robbing our tomb."

"We must protect ourselves. This is not a matter just for the guards, it is a matter for us all.

"The question is: how to best do so."

Khe looked to Rahotep, his commander, and spoke.

"Do you have any suspicions, Sir? It is dreadful that someone could do something so awful to someone so... beautiful... What a travesty..."

Khe continued to look the group over, wondering just who, and what could bring themselves to do this. A terrible crime to commit...

Rahotep looks at Khe and shakes his head, the confusion and distress he feels radiating from every inch of his bearing and posture for all to see

I cannot believe that it was one our own that did this, ones such as we have become are hard to kill and what would it gain anyone? A simple glance in our tombs would show who had come into possession of her items and... remains. Rahotep shudders at this thought.

If Hemahibe is not still here somewhere I know not where she might have gone, and if she is I know not who might have caused an end to her un-life so that we cannot hear her calling... who other than Anubis himself could command that kind of power over the dead?

Maesha looks around the violated crypt with a closer look and kneels at the foot of the door.

- This is worst than I thought...

Imhotep glances over the dancer.

- What it is, Maesha? What have you seen?

Maesha gazes at the priest with what very sad eyes, although her unlife state didn't allowed her to shed tears.

- Someone had marked the door of her crypt. That means someone knew where her tomb is and wanted it to be found...

The assembly of mummies pales of horror, realizing that there might be a traitor among them.

Nehrathi, right beside Rahotep when Maesha whispers her conclusion, grabs his arm in horror and disbelief.

"A traitor among us? After all this milennia? It can't be! Rahotep, that's not possible... we live our un-lives in contentment here..."

Rahotep shakes his head, after all this time still wondering at the sheer innocence and trust in his friend.

"Nerathi, dear... you could never accept that there's evil in everyone, even in those with whom we shared most of our lives, and all our un-lives."

"But having evil within does not mean that we have to be evil, Rahotep... we can choose not to be evil. No one has true need to be evil..."

"Sometimes they think they do." Esaneh wraps an arm around Nehrathi's slim waist. "You're just too good, dearest. Not even the court, or the crypts, changed you. But I'm afraid that we may be in danger."

She trembles slightly, still unwilling to believe in malevolence from people she has considered friends since they've been entombed together. "Esaneh, Rahotep... I love you both... "

Both men smile at her, each one kissing her on the head.

"We love you too, 'rathi." Rahotep turns his attention again to the group. "And believe us, there's evil among us."

Nehrathi still shakes her head, her eyes pleading with Esaneh to contradict Rahotep.

"Evil can live in the souls of any being, even ones that live on beyond the time of their parting from the first world." Imhotep looks around the group, "We all still feel the strength of life within our decaying forms, our bodies may be shells of a former existance, but our souls are untouched, and still hold the desires of alll we strove for in life, even now, even in this existance." Shaking his head Imhotep moves away, "Evil follows us still. We must find it before it destroys us all."

:raven:

OOC: I guess this is one where everyone is having so much fun that nobody votes.

Well, time to become a target again and be the first to vote.

Moses sits and thinks.

As the forces that keep his mummifed remains moving also keep the ancient wooden chair from collapsing under his weight.

"Something has changed," he speaks.

"And with change comes chaos.

"We were right to resist it.

"With chaos about there was no telling who to suspect.

"Even one trusted with the Pharoh's children.

"One like this would be above reproach, even above a guard.

"Napheen.

"I bring suspicion upon you. Defend yourself."

OOC: I accuse Napheen

"Napheen?!"

Nehrathi turns to face the Ambassador as she listens to his accusation, her gentle temper gone and being replaced by a cold glare. Both Esaneh and Rahotep recognize the glare, one resting a calming hand on her shoulder and the other whispering, "Nehrathi, he doesn't know Napheen... "

She ignores both men, and talks in a clear, cold voice, "Ambassador, I respect your office and your knowledge. But I've grown up with Napheen and she is the gentlest person I've ever known. That's why she was entrusted with the Pharaoh's children. To see any evil in her is inconceivable."

The Ambassador frowns at her. "Child, that's exactly why she's dangerous. She has everybody's trust. What better to hide evil?"

"I refused to believe there's evil among us, Ambassador. But, to see evil in Napheen... that shocks me enough to start believing there's darkness hidden in your soul."

~~~~

OOC: No accusation yet. I'll come back later with a vote.

Edited by Tanuchan

"Napheen.

"I bring suspicion upon you. Defend yourself."

"Moses, that you could even think such a thing of Napheen... it is below you.

Perhaps you have indeed spent too much time alone in both your first and second lives. It may be that your perception has been poorly influenced by those from beyond the Two Kingdoms that you spent so much of your time with.

I have seen you keeping to the shadows on the outside of our gatherings it makes me wonder if you yourself might not be to blame and trying to shift that blame elsewhere.

OOC: Ok, I don't really want to vote yet since so few of us have actually written more than a paragraph in character. I'm going to hold off my vote until later today (my time) unless things liven up around here. No accusation yet. Expect something within the next 8 hours - I will post my decision before I go home from work today.