The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Sign-up Werewolf XIV

Will you play this one at the same time than WWXIII?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scenario:

Game has one missing special vote:

Missing vote is from werewolf.

Moderator gets tired of waiting (rightly so) for said special to post their vote and continues the game.

The active players conclude (rightly so) that the special must be someone who has little to no activity in the game since they cannot even manage the time to vote for a kill.

A few moments of analysis quickly expose a potential list for ongoing lynchings and in-game excuses are found, an order of execution is drawn up, and we begin to kill.

Active players make a mistake, or maybe two or even three, but that's ok, because with the werewolf being MIA game continues to role and they continue to miss chances at voting in their absence.

Eventually active players either wipe each other out or kill the wolf. Game over.

~~~

Alternatively

~~~

Game has one missing special vote:

Missing vote is from the seer.

Moderator gets tired of waiting (rightly so) for said special to post their vote and continues the game.

The active players conclude (rightly so) that the special must be someone who has little to no activity in the game, but (wrongly so) that the missing vote is that of the werewolf - note a smart wolf would probably encourage this assumption.

A few moments of analysis quickly expose a potential list for ongoing lynchings and in-game excuses are found, an order of execution is drawn up, and we begin to kill.

Active players make a mistake, or maybe two or even three, but that's ok, because with the werewolf guiding us carefully eventually we'll take out the seer and our last hope of self defense will be gone up in smoke.. or perhaps sand.

Eventually active players wipe each other out leaving the wolf to stroll off with all the loot. Lucky wolf. Game over.

Alternate scenario:

Seer steps forward and tells who's been seen. The list gets much shorter. We start lynching those remaining on that very short list...like only two, maybe three, by my count.

Oh, wait....hey Dean! Do you wanna join the coalition? You would be joining myself, Gryphon, and Tanny, making four of us we can be sure of. :D

Any questions?

I still think we should find reasons in game for our coalition. It just seems better that way.

And lets face it. Should the wolf be the busy one who's not coming online to post/read this/ be made aware of his impending slaughter... well it's not like we're being sneaky and secretive. I'd call that a self inflicted death.

;)

Scorecard:

Still in the pyramid:

YanYanGanaffi: Benny Sandpounder - Pharoh's personnal bodyguard

Tanuchan: Nehrathi - One of the Queen's maid

Cryptomancer: Imhotep - Cleric

Gnarlitch: Pamiu, the Pharoh's older cousin and one of his chief advisors

Merelas: Esaneh, the court scribe for the Pharoh

Dean the Adequate: Khaires, the wines servent

Gryphon: Rahotep, junior officer in the pharoah's army assigned to the palace staff.

NPC's (all by Lady Celes Crusader)

Maesha Ured - The Pharoh's favorite dancer, also rumored to be his mistress.

Four charming dancers that accompany Maesha. All of them have for main purpose to distract the inhabitants and helping Imhotep in any ritual that requires dancing.

New additions to the British Museum's Egytology Collection:

Hemahibe: NPC initial dissappearance

Ayshela: Napheen, Pharoah's children's nurse - Baner, first lynching victim

Vahktang: Moses - Israël Ambassador - Innocent, first werewolves' victim.

Knight: Khe, the "new guy" in Rahotep's squad of guards...- First Werewolf

Nerebe: Second NPC dissappearance.

Right... Update time.

While I'm absolutely certain it'll be fun to slaughter people randomly in hopes of finding a wolf I'm feeling sorry for the 'innocents' who are going to bite the dust while the rest of us wildly flail around.

I don't know if he's a wolf or not, but I do know that Cryptomancer is unable to post because of a combination of computer problems at home and work problems (at work suprisingly enough).

I'll try have a word with him to see if we can get him on at least long enough to proclaim his innocence or guilt.

From YanYanGanaffi's recent post I'd say he's had a handful of problems that would keep him offline in a very forgivable way.

Does anyone know what excuses the other missing persons might have?

My question about Cryp is simple... what are the chances of him being the wolf for *three* games in a row? :P

As for the others... no, I have no idea what's happening. Merelas did mention RL problems around the time ww was about to start, and that was the last time I talked to him...

And anyway, RL is what's keeping the wolf from posting, so I guess we keep not having any clue about his identity...

My feeling about Cryptomancer being the wolf is this:

It's unlikely, but not impossible. Personally I'd vote for taking down someone else first, but once again, with the lack of information and evidence, I've no clue as to who... I'm trying to come up with a good 'reason' in game, but it's bloody hard.

If anyone else posts an accusation I'll come up with a way to support it. As long as you're not accusing me of course. ;)

My question about Cryp is simple... what are the chances of him being the wolf for *three* games in a row?

1 in 500 or so.

Assuming 8 players a game.

Not unheard of.

Over to Kenzerco we were at game XXXV (I think).

Here we are at XIV.

But isn't figuring out the person who can't post the wolf metagaming?

And if metagaming is OK, can I bring back "You'll be sorry"?

:)

So here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to hope, very very much hope, that this is a strange coincidence brought on by the season and the fact that everyone gets busy around xmas time.

Since the alternative is that any WW game I join is cursed to have inactive wolves and dribble on into infinity. ;)

• 1 month later...

Awooooooooo!!!!

Hey all, um its me, foolish. i dont know who remembers me but i was one of the guys who was with the whole werewolf gang for a while until i tried MODing a game and dropped the ball and disappeared thanx to a whole lot a crap i was getting at home, sooo now after getting my things in order, ive kinda wandered back, but alas, the werewolf games have continued without me and now i fear, i am forgotten. but oh well, ill move on. i see that you guys are in the middle of a game so, uh, if someone could PM me when then next one starts, that'd be great