The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XI

Merelas

How would you feel about being assigned a character to play in WWXI?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vahktang--Thomas Parcel, Treasurer of the Church

Money - Money, money,

money, money, money, money, money,

money, money, money, money, money,

money, money, money

Katzaniel--Goodwife Parcel, wife of Thomas

"Hi honey, I'm home. Put dinner on the table.

"And I brought home 4 hunting buddies, too.

:)

Vahk: I think we should have two darling little children. A boy and a girl. Nancy, maybe, and Graham? 12 and 8 respectively, I'd say. I'm just pulling this out of nowhere so if you have any other ideas, just post it.

Only two?

And 12 and 8?

We're starting a new country here.

Or are these the only ones that survived?

Clothing and shoes for the poor?

Charity is good.

Jamboree is not.

We're puritans, not papists.

Money and prayer, prayer and money.

That's what we do.

And this is after King Phillip's war, right?

So we're probably still recovering.

Don't remember King Phillip's war?

King Philip's War of 1675-1676 (also known as Metacom's Rebellion)...

Fire and massacre raged all over New England. The war produced the heaviest losses in proportion to population that the region has ever experienced. In addition to the loss of life, Massachusetts's charter was rescinded and the United Colonies of New England confederation dissolved

And it was a bad rep for New England.

And it took like 50+ years for population densities to regain their pre war levels.

Vahktang the Historian, signing out.

Of course being a good christain, he didn't speak ill of his fellow man, though he might have told the Reverend, and of course it was his civil duty to tell the sherriff, and he might have mentioned something to Thomas Parcel in passing, and Anne Arthur discussed it with him yesterday, but other than that, he didn't tell anyone.

That is great.

The trial of witches by the church, he had been appointed to arrange things, to ensure impartiality in the judgment of the accused.

Church didn't try witches.

Civil authority did.

All right everyone, there's been quite a bit of wait over the Night Phase, and I apologize for that, but things are shaping up nicely. I'll give a scorecard in my first post tomorrow, but now I think it's time for me to sleep. I'm nigh-on-exhausted from school, but I really am enjoying this! Any questions can still PM me, and warm apologies go out to DeanTheAdequate for being the first kill.

Good luck to the witch/wizard and townspeople both!

Church didn't try witches.

Civil authority did.

Thanks for the note on history, I was a bit misleading on that piont... possible a bit brief in my explaination of it..

From the point of view of an outsider, the churches teachings were the main cause for accusing and condeming the 'witches'

Even if it was the Civil authority, (in this case arranged through Governor Donovan James) that actually tried and convicted the accused, the main party in the prosicution was the Church. From my role playing the Character, I see it as the Church, Indirectly through the political and civil authorities (me), placing these people on trial.

Character point of view. Sorry, I should Explain thoughs better.

Heh, Cryptomancer you're doing fine. And on that note, everyone is performing well with the characters I gave them.

I'm going to remind everybody to vote over here--you have until 8:00 P.M. PST... well, hopefully it'll end then anyways :D

Good luck to all, and I hope you're having fun.

Hm... Silence must be older, as both Anne and Amelia claim to have let their children under her care. Anne's are 12, 9, and 7. Amelia's about the same age, I seem to recall? (Have to check the threads). So, unless we're talking about just the yonger children, I'm guessing Silence is about 14-15...

I understood "never seen death" as meaning that she has never witnessed witch trials... but these, I guess are for both Katz and Lady Celes to clarify :)

If needed, I can edit my post to make it coherent ;)

I thought Merelas said 14, though I can't remember where.

My thought on that was simply not realizing that people often died young there. Of course she'd have seen "distant deaths" but I figured at fourteen she very likely may have never had someone close to her die. "Never seen death" meaning never seeing it in all its gruesomeness, never fully seeing its consequences. I also figured that Amelia would know whether Silence has ever had anyone close by die, and so I made an assumption about it, as it's been mentioned before that we're allowed to make up facts. Unfortunately, as Vahktang points out, this happening at this time period is rather unlikely. Anyway, it's too late...

My thought on that was simply not realizing that people often died young there. Of course she'd have seen "distant deaths" but I figured at fourteen she very likely may have never had someone close to her die.

There's an old play called 'The Blue Bird'.

Shirley Temple did a movie version in it.

When the two kids go to visit their grandparents, they go where you always go to visit your grandparents.

The graveyard.

You look at biographies of the time and they're number 8 of 11 surviving children and such.

It's a bleak time.

Signing out, Vahktang the nit picker historian.

:)

Mr historian sir? *grins*

Hey Vahktang, Mr Parcel and the Govenor need to have a chit chat.

(I am still getting use to the methods of play in these games, so tell me if this sort of request aint allowed)

As treasurer, you will have some account of donations by the towns folk? If so, I feel it an interesting method of finding a witch. Your thoughts?

:raven:

If I may step into your question, Cryptomancer? :)

You and the Treasurer can have " RPed private conversation" on the thread (that is, all players will know about that), but can't talk in PM about strategies. This (using PM alliances) depends on each mod and varies from game to game.

In this particular game, Merelas doesn't allow PM communication other than for RP purposes - for example, I communicated with Dean to check how long we've been married, if we had children, how we had met, and so on. And any PM is also to be sent copied to the mod :)

So, you and Vahk can talk in PMs about the line of your RP but *not* to make it an alliance and discuss strategies or share suspicioins. You can just RP it on the thread, but remember that we'll all use that one way or the other if we need to ;)

Sorry for interrupting your conversation... :rolleyes:

Edited by Tanuchan

Cryptomancer--Donovan James, Governor of the province.

I just noticed:

Any particular reason our governor has an _irish_ first name?

It being an English colony and all?

Once again, the nit picker strikes.

What?

What's that?

It's only a game, not a history lesson, get over it?

OK.

No more nit picking.

:D

Thanks, i had the family do the dinner thing. My choice of desert, *grins*

Chocolate cake, and a creamy desert thing made with condensed milk evaporated milk and pineapple, with mashmellows and buiscuits.... Very nice but SUGAR OVERLOAD... mmm... I had fun.

*grins*

White Chocolate cake, hehehehe, thanks. *starts to overload on sugar*

:raven: