The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An application under duress

Sitting here at my desk, I hear a voice in the distance.

I can't make out what she said, but I'm sure it can't be good.

She demands that I write, for it must be a work of brilliance.

If I don't do as she says, she'll strip away my manhood.

I try to take a break, and relax my weary head.

I hear the whip crack, "GET BACK TO YOUR WORK!"

All of this time, I've just wanted to go to bed.

As she screams, I just give her a smile, a grin, a smirk.

Outside Wyvern’s office stood a monstrous sight. Poor Melba had hidden herself in the supply closet and refused to leave until “it left”. A very large, very intimidating bikini clad ogress stood with her arms folded across her chest. Around her belly button was a tattoo that read “Salinye’s Muse”. She called to him through the closed door. “You no com out ‘til you see tha’ beeg leezard. If he say no to you, I come talk wit’ him!” With that, she nodded her head in silent confirmation to herself and remained on guard.

~Salinye's Muse :phoenix:

Edited by Salinye

(*rofl*)

A wolf looks amazed at the bikini-clad ogress by Wyvern's door, and then shimmers into a Tanuki form. She slips by her almost unnoticed - being caught by her tail in the last moment. But, being more interested in almost-dragons than tanukis in general, the ogress releases her and Tanny quickly enters the Recruiter's Office, breathing quicker than normal.

I definitely must be more careful...

She reads curiously the top application then, laughing out (a tanuki laughter), she goes to Crichon's feet and nuzzles him, sitting down to make him company - always curious to know what will happen at the Recruiter's Office.

;)

Edited by Tanuchan

Ayshela strolls by with laden tray. Giving the ogress a large sandwich and a pint of beer, she then enters the Recruiter's Office and braings the tray to Crichon and those waiting with him.

Would never do to have you wasting away whilst waiting for word from Wyvern! :D

Welcome!

Crichon sighs and shifts in his applicant easychair, cautiously eyeing the intimidating ogress muse that guards the Office entrance and shuddering as she turns and winks towards him. Turning his attention to the messy floor in order to avoid the sight of the bikini-clad ogress, the eager applicant notices a Naughty Nymph Calendar jutting out of a pile of overdue magazine subscription bills on the ground, and suddenly realizes that he's been waiting in the Office for several days. Grumbling to himself about the laziness of certain lizards, Crichon begins doodling a picture of Salinye with a bullwhip on a small scrap of paper, only to be suddenly interrupted as Wyvern dashes into the room with Salinye's ogress muse dashing in behind him.

Wyvern immediatly turns towards Crichon and raises a claw to speak, only to be promptly interrupted as the ogress grumbles:

"You answer to Crichon app, or I hit."

The overgrown lizard stands in silence for a moment upon hearing this, then slowly turns his head towards Salinye's ogress muse and pales upon seeing her. Wyvern's shade of pale red turns to a dull grey hue when the ogress begins waving a Dior Brand Fine Stone Club™ in the air, and shifts to a ghostly white when the ogress begins bellydancing with her wart-infested tummy. Turning towards Crichon and then back to the ogress, Wyvern stammers:

"W-w-who are you?"

The ogress stops her dancing for a moment and grunts, pointing at her Club and growling:

"Me beeg ogrrrrrrress, wave latest in Club fashion. Smash Wyvern if he don't respond, bellidance till he does!"

"So, lemme get this straight." hisses Wyvern nervously. "If I respond to Crichon's application poem at this moment, I'll avoid being hit by you and you'll also stop dancing?"

"Well..." grumbles the ogress, waving her arms in the air and batting her eyelashes as she commences an exotic dance. "Can continue dancin if leezard wan-"

"No!" exclaims Wyvern, frantically searching through the documents on his desktop and pulling Crichons application poem from out of the mess. "No, that's perfectly alright. In fact, you can stop dancing right after I stamp this."

Having said this, the overgrown lizard quickly skims over Crichons poem a few times before flashing the applicant a thumbs up and rapidly stamping the application ACCEPTED. He breaths a sigh of relief as Salinye's ogress muse stops dancing and quickly departs from the Office upon seeing this, and winks towards Crichon as he leans against a wall and relaxes. The reptilian Elder's relaxation is short-lived, however, as Melba suddenly bursts out of the supply closet and exclaims:

"Oy, I thought that 'It' would never leave! Ogresses, ugh! Oh great, out steps one monstrosity in steps another... Wyvern, have you gotten to work yet?!"

Wyvern casts a glance towards Melba, then turns in the direction that Salinye's ogress muse had headed and begins chasing after her and crying:

"W-w-wait, come back!"

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application piece, Crichon. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I apologize for the long period of waiting for a response, and look forward to reading more of your writing on these boards in the future. I also hope to participate with you in community events and get to know you better. Once again, welcome!