The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy Birthday Nyyark!

Zariah

Zariah stumbled up the stairs, present in hand, as she made her way to the Cabaret room. She had been spending much of her time with Crow, and hoped that this didn't make Nyyark jealous that she was neglecting him lately. After all, she wanted to be his friend, but things always seemed to fall apart around both of them....clumsy as they both seemed to be.

Upon entering the room, Zariah realized that it needed some decorating. Pulling out some handy black construction paper from her pouch, Zariah cut out paper crows and hung them around the room and from the ceiling.

Crow entered and strut directly up to Zariah, with a manner quite the opposite of impressed.

"Kah caw cah ka ka??!!!!"

" ....I...I thought it would be CUTE?! What did you think I meant? I mean after all, he is crowboy! He can speak crow like me! It's a gift! I....I didn't mean to insult your race!"

"Kah kaw caw!"

"That's not why you're upset? Well then WHY?"

"Kah kaw cah caw kah."

"Ohhhhh! Well of COURSE I was going to get you before he arrived! I was just decorating before anyone else arrived!"

"Kaw, kah?"

"Ohhh, what is the gift I am giving him? Well a book, silly! It's called "101 Fun Things to do with your Best Friend."

"Kah ca?"

"Of course, SILLY! That's YOU. Do you think I meant someone else?? Anyways, if you want to help, you can stand by the door and greet whoever arrives."

Zariah then took a long banner from her pouch and hung it in the middle of the room.

It read: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NYYARK! THE PEN APPRECIATES YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION AND WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU THE BEST DAY EVER!!!

Plopping down on the ground, Zariah lay on her back and looked up at the paper crows. She could faintly hear them whisper their own best wishes for Nyyark. :raven:

Edited by Zariah