The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW.... um, the next one

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...let's see here. Every single category I could have fit into in high school has already been filled, sometimes more than once. So, I'll be...THE JOCK. Not the stereotypical, brainless one though. I not only letter in four sports every year (All-American in football as a linebacker, btw), but I also maintain a 4.0 grade average without breaking a sweat, or so it seems. But although I appear strong and confident, I am not arrogant or overly cocky. I am friends with everyone and anyone, and am a shoe in for both academic and sports scholarships. I'm just waiting for the acceptance letters to come in the mail. Oh, and my name is Richard Smith, but everyone calls me Rich.

This is actually patterned after a friend of mine in high school, other than lettering in all 4 sports. He only lettered in two or three I think (baseball, volleyball, and golf I think), as well as being Senior Class Pres., super religious dude, and about the nicest damn guy you'll ever meet. Heck, he tried to drag me kicking and screaming out of geekdom and into the real world even. I did change his last name though. :rolleyes:

EDIT Ok, reading back to this, I almost make myself sick. :hmm: He's just too good. As far as physical description, well, if you've ever seen the movie "Remember the Titans," picture the big blonde kid who is team captain and ended up in a wheel chair at the end. That's "me" this game, but definitely not RL. Heck, this guy is so good I don't know if I can actually play him. http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Edited by Gnarlitch

Also stands for

Who Wants Jack Daniels :D

;)

uh, Nave, DUCK! HERE COMES A LIGHTNING BOLT! *ducks and hides himself, trying not to get fried with his buddy Nave* Edited by Gnarlitch

Gnarly, do you agree with what Arielle is planning? And being interested in lady Celes as I supposed? Just to set the RP... ;)

Merelas, it seems great :) We'll talk this over and post the final interaction here...

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

well, uh, I agree up to a point. Rich likes her, because she's cute and all, and nice, but he really wants a girl he can discuss deeper issues with as well. So, they've dated a bit, here and there, everyone thinks they are such a cute couple, but there is nothing serious there. B)

Edited by Gnarlitch

*lol* I guess Gnarlitch and I will have quite some fun. I forgot to mention that Tiff is so braindead that she's oblivious to the fact that Arielle is eyeing her boyfriend, therefore considering Arielle as a friend rather as a rival. I'm not putting too much in her background in case I finish the game early like the last two time. :rolleyes:

Don't have any problems with someone playing a creepy guy or the Christian kid...on that note, Laurie is relatively active within her church youthgroup, but she never talks to anybody about it or Christianity or stuff like that.

Well then, I guess I won't go for the D&D nerd... for we need a BULLY!!!

His real name is unknown, for those without power know him as MEAT.

MEAT was an army brat until his mother put roots down here. MEAT decided it's time some of these WUSSIES need a litle bit of DISIPLINE! And the only way to instill that in this setting is FEAR!

MEAT. The only ones that seem to get along with MEAT re his two cronies, Mitch "Number" Hendersin and Kenny "The Weasle" Blankenship.

This is Mara Simons reporting for the school news with a message for all you people with tuck money out there. This quiet, peacefull town of ours has recently been disturbed by bullies! That's right folks, we now have three of them issuing a school-wide reign of terror. Will anyone take them down? Will strange creatures suddenly pop right out of books and deal with them for us? Or will the teachers actually wise up and take notice???!! Stay tuned folks...

I'll try... for I am the (dun dun dun) class clown.

My name is Jaquie Katz, and I am blind since birth. However, I am beligerantly angry with anyone who tries to treat me as less capable than the blindness makes me.

My main compensation for the blindness is humour, and I am also one of the few who stands up to the bullies, though I've paid for it more than once. So I have multiple enemies, some admiration for my humour and for my toughness, but few close friends (I have issues with believing that they really like me, or don't pity me).

Rich likes her, because she's cute and all, and nice

Yeah, but do you like her, or do you like her like her?

:)

Boy, High School is fun.

(Mumble, mumble years afterwards)

My main compensation for the blindness is humour, and I am also one of the few who stands up to the bullies, though I've paid for it more than once.

I imagine it takes a different level of bully to beat up on a blind person.

Yes! I sink this is being fun!  Excuse me, please. I am looking for...*looks at paper*...room Ein-zero-zwei...nein...uh...One-zero...TWO. 

So, can we call you Fes?

More later,

Vahktang

okay no negatives so here is the rough sketch:

Jamie Medler, curly head hair usually in a frumpled mess, fairly average build. active but with no interest in organized athleticism (paintball and such preferred). Veritable genius but no interest in applying himself to his studies.

To begin to make sense of how Jamie's personality developed as he grew into his teenage years, it helps to understand about his home life. He is the son of owner creator of an computer electronics firm that went from a home based operation to an international company, not quite as large as Intel and/or Microsoft but a very respectable home town boy makes good. As such Jamie grew up in a life of luxury and pampering as he was showered with all the things his parents never had when they were growing up but unfortunately the process of turning a small company into an international corporation made it such that he rarely if ever spent and real quality time with his parents. He never developed and real desire to succeed or better himself, amusing himself with his chemical experiments most notably building his own pipe bombs. He still has a small scar on his right forehead from when one of his pipe bombs exploded in his back yard and he was unable to dive into his pool quick enough.

He delights in shocking those around him as a means to try and get attention. occasionally he will bring a dangerous toy to school with the intent of showing off and trying to make himself feel bigger. He has also been known to hack into the system code of the computer network his father donated to the school to code some elaborate pranks on his fellow students.

Eirish, I smell War Games??? :D

Yeah, yeah! You can call me *Fes, Tangy. Ha ha :lol::hmm:

But my name is very pronouncable...it's Bina Jamhausen...BEE-NAH JAM-HOW-ZEN. And I'll remind you of it every time you call me Fes. ;)

*anyone not know this reference? It's from That 70s Show. They call the Foreign Exchange Student FES or Fez because they don't know/can't pronounce his real name. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jammeez

*anyone not know this reference? It's from That 70s Show. They call the Foreign Exchange Student FES or Fez because they don't know/can't pronounce his real name. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Jamz... :huh: I know the series but never watched them... not really into sitcoms, and no time either... <_>

Eirish, I smell War Games??? :D

actually in all honesty except for the name and physical description, this is pretty much verbatim someone I went to high school with and my perceptions of why he acted the way he did... the company his father created is a company called Intergraph which with good detective skills could allow someone to find out the real person I based this on, but through actual RP there will be enough divergences from the source material (so to speak) that it would be difficult or nigh impossible to accuse me of doing more than basing the premise on him. He really did accidently set off one of his pipe bombs in the back yard and he and his friends had to dive into the pool, no one got injured and only my version received scarring :D

wow, this is the largest group we've had yet, i do believe. I'm going to have a real fun time with this one. a lot of newbies too, we can play them like cattle.

i mean um accept them as one of us in the game.

hehe

we should all pick some people to be our close friends, ince this game will have PMing between players and you can't talk to everyone. I've got Tanny as one of mine.

eyremon, care to be friends, you sound like someone Joe would hang with.

Hmm... I'm going to go ahead and say Tanuchan and anyone else... maybe MeThinks?

I'm going to be very quiet on the PM front, because my character is someone who would be more of a loner, even with his friends. Sometimes when they're asking for advice, he'll just shrug.

Not very many people can get him to open up.

I think I'll close the signup now.

Sorry to anyone who didn't get in, but wanted too.

Game starts...

How about Friday? :)

Edit, since Katz is evil.

PM whoever you want, as many times as you want. Just make sure I get a copy of every single one :)

Edited by Degenero Angelus