The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW.... um, the next one

"Little Shop of Horrors" is rather expensive for a high school to put on (all the living plants and stuff), though a local school is doing that where I am: my school just did "Peter Pan", but that's also hideously expensive. Let's see...Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret, Follies, The King and I, Kiss Me Kate, Footloose-I can name you a whole bunch. Footloose is a very common one: I was a Cappie critic (high school theater critic) last year, and I saw two different "Footloose" shows, one after the other.

But I don't particularly care, either. So it's OK with me. (Ignore the detail-obsessed half-demon elf behind the curtain, please)

As for friends, Lia is a theater person. While his forte is in acting, he is one of the very few actors who understands that the techies are the backbone of the show (he takes both an advanced acting class and a technical theater class: enjoys both greatly), and usually mouths off at anyone who says otherwise, which has not earned him any friends among the Actors Are the Best crowd.

(Basically, Lia has my attitude about theater, except that I know jack about tech, don't take a tech class because there's no room in my schedule, and I'm not a theater-obsessed genuis who is also something of an abrasive asshole. Lia doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is an imaginary school were talkin about. we can finaly put on that show we always wanted to do but couldn't for whatever reason. maybe we didnt have enough people, maybe not enough money, maybe we couldn't get the administration to say yes. well it matters no more, now we can do whatever we want. we have FREEDOM

or we could just go with footloose

hey...what class is first period going to be?

Home room.

Take attendance. Finish last night's homework.

And as long as this is a fantasy role playing high school, the musical we should put on is:

All that Jazz

"Joe Gideon: It's show time, folks. "

:):):)

More later,

Vahktang

Thank you Katz for putting your character into the 'Bully' running.

I was wondering how to vote for you in IC.

More later,

Vahktang

Edited by Vahktang

*groans*

Bad pun, Gnarlitch! Bad!

..The lead isn't a blind cat, is it? I can't remember the play all that well...

Lady Celes: I just wanted to say hats off for playing a much better "dumb" character than me... I'm finding your posts very amusing! Loving it.

(And also, to point out that the word "sights" means something along the line of seeing.. I think you mean the word "sighs", like where someone sighs in exasperation at someone else.)

Thanks Katz. I'm having tons of fun roleplaying this mix between Daria's Britney, Sailor Moon's Serena (Usagi in Japanese, I think) and every blonde jokes I've heard.

I must return you the complement for pulling off an original blind girl who doesn't need pity and makes sure it is understood.

Thanks for pointing out the typo... this is what happens when I write as tired as I am.

*enters the OOC room with a BIG cake (hope you all like chocolate) and a trolley of refreshment, and puts some banners around very quickly*

Hey DEAN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

*huge hugs*

Wish you all the best things in life!

Edited by Tanuchan

gee, we could be strating a new trend here...lynch the birthday boy/girl! :blink::P hehe. Just kidding. It wasn't your birthday yet when I changed my vote to you, and then it was out of desperation for an IC reason to accuse at this point...Hoppy Barfday anyways, Dean, and Semper Suficio!

I don't remember reading your showing up to class? Sorry bud, but at Xavier Collegiate you gotta write that you're there or else you're not! Mwahahaha!

Sorry if I just missed the post :D

...And happy (probably belated by now) birthday.

Oh, and thanks Celes. I'm really enjoying this one.