The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Guilds are OPEN!

Gwaihir

Glad you're excited.. have fun

first question arises is: why not post this info there where only page an up can see?

I already know the answer.. but i'd be annoyed for having something candy-like thrown under my nose while I don't have the fingers to pick it up yet, being an initiate only...

I need a breather, and will not post my initial reaction..

I'm sorry

Edited by Appy

nopenope, no restriction, you may join one, two, or all three as you wish - or none, if that is your preference, as this is an opportunity, not a requirement.

i don't know that it would be necessary for any time delay - that's actually a very good question! =) *think think* let me consult on that one. *g*

And Appy, my goal was to get even nonpages excited, so I figured I'd tell everyone. It's not hard to get promoted to page if one is active and puts in effort, so I like to give incentives.

Send me a PM if something's frustrating.

Just a suggestion, if I may--

If there's any way to do it, can we please have the guilds set up so you can select the one you wish to see in the control panel?

That will cut down on a lot of unnecesarry clutter on the main page.

Otherwise, exellent--I'll run down the rest of the subforums later (aren't there a lot of them!?)

Do i have to apply to be a page after i become an innitiate? or are people just randomly selected by you guys. I haven't seen any info on this anywhere. All this talk about guilds and it doesn't reall get me excited just confused because i this is the first time i've heard about it. I must agree with the candy under the nose however. If your trying to get me to work harder to become a page, there is not much more excited i can get...legally. So let me know how the process works. Is it brought up at the weekly board meeting of Elders? by the way, how the heck do you get all of you guys inot one room without you killing one another?

For those who are interested in requirements for promotion I recommend the FAQ, because I can't say it better than it was said there. (top of the page.)

Val, one can't really hide forums by options that I know of, but yeah there was a lot of discussion on whether they should be flat or not and I think we went for it the way they are now, because there are so many subforums. Discussion on ways to improve the guilds is certainly still open.

*Earshrug* I think it'll be more convinent if they were flat. That way we'll know which forum had new posts, and zoom in right from the front page instead of needing another click. The downside to that will be losing the current 'main ooc forum'.

Perhaps the site I was thinking of had a different board.

And to the naysayers, carrot? the incentive to progress is entireley up to you. The grass is not greener on the other side of the road. It's just the addition of three somewhat pointless (but that's my sole opinion) forums called guilds. Heck, join all three and you end up right back at your same rank. As with current Quillbearer+ members, there's no new weight to throw around, nor powers to wield.

Just forums. As mentioned, I dont quite get the purpose behind the forums (especially since posting in the AR/BH/Conservatory will yield a greater audience) besides feedback. Despite that, however, I'll back the elders desicion but remain trendily un-guilded for the time being and presue my own RPing/writing.

No (new) carrot, end of story.

There's a difference between being uninterested and cynical. You seem to be a bit much of the latter, Sensei. If you don't want to join them...fine. *shrug back atcha- this time, with shoulders*

No problem. But I wouldn't denounce them until they had time to actually do something, and you've had a chance to talk to the Guildleaders; especially Salinye who I think has done a better job of laying the cards on the table than anyone else (myself included) I've seen attempt the description.

My two ents.

Actually, I saw what you were referring to (or at least would be, if you only meant in this thread) with respect to others condeming the guilds, and I *did* think you were trying to defend them; I was just trying to put a flag on the play because you were sounding like a basher instead of a supporter and didn't seem to realize it.

As for me personally, I know the objections you've told me (pretty much what you stated above), and I say you're more than welcome to 'em. Especially since you're going about giving them in the most gentlemanly way possible.

No hard feelings, Valdar-sensei?

Ozy's ents leer down at Valdar "diplomatically" in turn, as they crack their massive knuckles.