The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf Vol.I: Back To Romania

The slips of paper indicate Merelas. He is dragged off to the gallows, pulling for all he's worth. The rope is dragged over his head, the door falls.

Nothing. Merelas dies quickly and quietly.

"It proves to you all just one thing." Von Muncie says "If you do not participate in the hearings, your doom dosen't even leave clues for your survivors. I'll see some of you in the morning."

And with that the Doctor turns on his heel and heads for the late Farmer Brown's.

(OOC: Merelas was innocent. It's night phase. Wolf, Baner, need those PMs)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanny leaves the site of the hanging with lowered head, murmuring to no one in special

One more innocent dead... and who knows what else tomorrow morning...

*sighs*

This village has gone through pretty hard times to give in just now. Together we can survive... we have to keep together.

Leaves to the inn, still shaking her head

*Celes cries, kneeling near the gallows.*

- What I have done? I did exactly what the wolf wanted! This is horrible! This is non-sense!!!

*After crying for a while, Celes gets up and slowly heads over the inn. In there she'll make sure that everything will be locked tight as another restless night is about to come in the village.*

As day breaks, Doctor Von Muncie walks to the inn. He tries the latch... but it won't budge! He soon rears back and knocks in the heavy door.

He nurses his shoulder as he looks around. No one is there... oh so he thinks.

"It's horrible" Tanuchan whimpers from the top of the stairs "They got her..."

Von Muncie rushes up the stairs to find only one room open, Lady Celes'.

"I wake her first every morn before I open but..."

Von Muncie is speechless. Lady Celes is rumpled on the floor next to her dressing table. Her dressing gown is torn as her chest was ripped open. Von muncie closes the door as he leads Tanuchan away.

"Wake up the others." said Von Muncie "We'll discuss this downstairs. I'll get the kettle on while you get the places set."

As Tanuchan weeps by the linen cupboard, Von Muncie gets a roaring fire going.

"Fewer and fewer..." he muses "I hope there is time left..."

(Lady Celes was innocent! Not good. It's day phase. Get your votes in now... because you could be next!)

Tanny cries silenty, her body racked by painful sobs. Her thoughts race away but come back in circles, chased by the shock of opening the door and finding Lady Celes' body.

... friends... and my closest friend she was...

... such nice... gentle... compassionate woman...

... dammmit you'll pay for it...

... m'lady...

She is startled back to reality when something hot is pressed into her hands.

"Get a hold on yourself, girl. Drink this. And wake up the others."

*nods, whispers* T-thank you.

Tanny goes on knocking on doors and calling out. As she walks the corridors, familiarity wraps around her and by the time she comes downstairs she's almost calm.

*to herself* Need... wits. To get him. No use crying myself dead... *shudders*... crying myself dead... while the creature is around. I'll have time for mourning when all this is finished. *breathes deeply, forcing herself to keep composed*

She waits at a corner, observing closely everyone as they come down.

SCORECARD

Gwaihir- SEER- First victim of the wolves

Eyremon- First Lynching

Vahktang- Dead

Degenero- Dead

Lady Celes Crusader-Dead

Merelas-Dead

Damon Inferel

X-Sabre

Tanuchan

Mira

Nave

Spider's Soul

Edited by Nave

Ok everyone.

Time to tighten the belts...

We're running out of time here...

We have two more chances to get the wolf at this rate. He/She also has two more slayings to do. If it gets to be just the wolf and the last innocent, the wolf can show their true form.

I would like to mourn our losses, especially the good Lady, but we will have time for mourning afterwards. Or else we will join them.

*Stands with the aid of the spear*

Let's vote. No sense wasting time.

Tanny joins Nave, nodding at his words

Guess you're right... but I wonder why you won't cast the first vote. *looks at him wryly* Afraid of starting a voting against an innocent, maybe? Or waiting for Sabre, as you said you're sticking with him?

*holds out her palms, an apologetical expression on her tired face* No, don't say. Sorry. You fought the other wolf valiantly and was here every town meeting. I cannot blame it on you... we're all afraid of pointing fingers and finding just an innocent... I am also.

But if someone has to start it... as much as I do suspect the one who has kept to himself all these days... I'm also beginning to doubt my common sense in accusing him. There is another who has been constantly in the meetings but has avoided voting... I wonder if that blurting out of Vahktang's death could have been an act.

If no one of the others can come with any better reason to accuse another one, I'd start questioning Damon just to be sure.

Tanny stops for a moment, then adds in a soft voice...

He's always been the logic one... but lately he's... changed. To the point of having wanted to be drunk at the time of Vahktang's burial.

OOC: a vote against Damon Inferel

Edited by Tanuchan

Tanny looks around the abnormally silent room, wishing ardently for the noisy banter and drunken shouts that had plagued her working hours until some days ago. Sighing, she gets up and disappears into the kitchen.

A little while afterwards, she comes back with a tray. Stopping at the bar to give Sabre some ale, she soon goes round the few occupied tables.

*places a pint of ale in front of the brooding figure*

Here, Nave... it'll help passing the time until Muncie collects all the votes. If they could just get it done quickly!

*flops down besides him, sipping quietly at some tea*

Damon pulls a sword out of his cane.

"You don't want this. Any of you. You won't take me by the gallows..."

BANG!

Mira sits to the side with a smoking wheellock pistol.

"What?" he remarked. He was being difficult.

"Yes," said Von Muncie "But he wasn't a wolf either... I feel a chill wind..."

Von Muncie heads over to the fireplace. He sits in a comfey chair and pulls out a leather tome.

"Let's get on to bed." Says Venturi "My men and I will barricade this inn. Get everyone here. I will not live in feat this night! This night I make my stand!"

And with that Venturi gather's the watch. Von Muncie scribbles in his tome.

"I hope he is very good at his job..."

(OOC: Damon was not a wolf... But the Baner still lives, so if the wolf and the Baner could PM me, cuz' it's night phase!)

Tanny hides her head in her hands, shuddering

Damon, Damon... sorry... I wish you had defended yourself from my accusation instead of drawing a weapon... couldn't you have given me the chance to see you were not guilty?

*looks around after some moments*

I guess Venturi's idea is sensible... Let's go. If anyone wants something to eat before going to their rooms I think I can fix something quickly. But let's not just stand here looking at each other...

Venturi, old friend... be careful please.

Sigh. I so had hoped that it would be over with that death.

This is it people...

Someone will die tonight. Then we will vote again. If we don't get the wolf then the innocents lose. We have one more day... thats all...