The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Yatsuna13

i pick up my pen.a thousand thoughts swirl around in the darkness of my mind.why can't i write?i stare at the blank piece of paper and suddenly a burst of anger sprouts from my mind and i scribble all over the paper that was meant for beautiful words.now the paper is a jumble of lnes and curves.this happens so often...a while bak i stopped writing poetry and locked every bit of expression in my mind and refused to let it out.this drives me insane...no longer can i enjoy the beauty of words but now i run away. a simple glimpse at a pen or a piece of paper makes my hearts pound with anger and sorrow. i've lost it,lost my writing power and now i have no inspiration left. the only thing i have now is my thoughts. i long to just scream out what i feel but that would create a riot i wish that some day i will gaiin the power to write again. i do not wish to share what i write and therfor all i think about is not writing this has killed me in my mind and i am still waiting.

pay no attantion to these wordsfor they are not poetic nor are they artistic just a way to help let out my frustration...i know i will feel it again and when that time comes i'll be ready to face it. i encourage allof you who write to not end up like me. don't stop writing,don't stop expressing yourself and if anything should stand in your way press on through it and you will see the light again...

:butterfly: yatsuna13

Sometimes writing is like an old fashioned pump.

It's work to lever the handle up and down, but the end result is worth it.

It's necessary sometimes to "prime the pump", to take something in and write it back out, to read or reread a book, to listen to music, to take a walk, or to sit in the mall just people watching - or whatever can ease your heart while distracting your internal critic.

It's necessary to let the bad stagnant stuff flow out unchecked, to get to the pure clean issue. Write. As you've done (and very well), write your anger, your frustration, your sorrow, your rage, your blockage, and then write a little more. If you write like that for a while, you'll find the lighter words peering through the dark jungle of feelings, trying to come out.

Keep writing, I feel you have something in you to say. And even when I don't have time to reply, I read what you've written - and haven't regretted it yet.

-Peredhil

~ warning upfront: my 'brain on beer' turned into 'my beer on brain' once already this night.. in other words, i'm kinda drunk ~

now.. what was it i want to say.. right, I know your feeling, because I'm going through it at the moment.

I want to write.. just that, for me, nothing seems right (like peredhil said already, in his own words) and my mind's all fluffy cotton and concrete at the same time..

All I know is.. this will pass...

Before I knew this board, it had been at least 5 years since I wrote (I'm 24 now and my first coherent and 'plotted' short story dates back from when I was 5 or something) ... this board brought it back to me. And I intend to keep it close this time. Just that my muse needed some time off... my mind's blocked and I can't get a coherent thought on paper it seems.. although me posting AT ALL again since november shows that i'm on a rebound.

uhm.. right.. pump.. yes, ofcourse Peredhil is right, go out there, watch the world and the words'll come back... world and word.. only one letter difference, did you ever notice?

The point is.. well to be honest is that the point is that i'm (ab-)using your post to ramble a bit on my own. But I do want to make a point to help you... just keep going, it seems ridiculously simple but is terrible complicated. Or the other way around..

Just that you're posting this shows that you CAN. Keep that in mind ^_^

~ hugs Yatsuna13 big time ~ Never give up, it's always worth it in the end

and that is the hardest, isn't it? How in the world to say what you cannot bear to say, can hardly bear to think?

Distance can help. What if it was someone else? What if someone *else* were to think it, feel it, live it, what would *their* thoughts and feelings and responses be? Maybe the same as yours, maybe not, but either way you can dance around the situation.

Carve it into bits, sometimes. "Today i will deal with *this* aspect, and only that." Difficult, at best, but focused attention on a small piece instead of trying to juggle it all can give the rest a chance to settle into place.

Sometimes.. sometimes when i still don't want to just *say* it, i try to find some way to say something that's kind of like it. Find something similar, something that approaches the meaning of what i've been alternately trying to say - and trying not to say, and that's okay because it's just "kind of like it". It's close, it's in the outfield, but no one's going to get tagged on that one. :)

And sometimes it just has to roll around unsaid because it won't allow itself to come out yet. That's frustrating no end, but it's okay too. When it wants to be said it will be there banging at your skull demanding to be written RIGHT NOW.

*hugs*

Wow... I would give you some advice, but all the techniques I've ever used for breaking the block I don't think would help...

Your writer's block is definately different than mine. When I get the block, I completely shut down when faced with a pen or a paper... you seem to know what you want to say but don't know how to say it (unless I'm just being retarded again).

I can't even think when I try to write under the block... I don't know what I want to say, is what I'm saying... so yeah, I don't think I can help.

I have made so little sense in this post it's rediculous. I hope that no one who read it is dumber for it... sorry everyone :huh:<_<:P