The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

In search of revenge.

Silver Dragon

Seeing an ilithid pass her way, Lelu what was gonig on in front of her. Brute Jr. paid the thing no attention. The two continued on, simply admiring their surroundings. Lelu's fluffy white ears twitched from time to time. A cool breeze blew through once more and ruffled the midnight black cloak she wore. When she heard the voices of the others she stopped. Brute Jr. continued on until he came upon the others. He let out a soft meow, trying to pull off the innocent white kitten look. Suddenly a voice emmited from the small kitten.

Greetings.

If anyone had heard Lelu speak they would have known it was Lelu that was now speaking.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lelu finally stepped forward. She looked like she was human, except for the white ears and the white fluff that appeared from time to time from under her cloak(her tail). She raised a brow at Heinrich's comment and then shrugged.

To each their own, I always say.

She smiled warmly and offered her hand in greeting.

Greetings. The name is Lelu Asana. The kittten is Brute Jr.

Brtute Jr. huffed.

Pardon, the cat is Brute Jr.

Adglomero laughed happily.

"Another group of people to join us! Don't mind Heinrich-he doesn't make friends easily. Damon's a good example."

Don't be *too* polite will you She sent across to Heinrich.

Since when did being polite fulfill my duty? He shot back irrtably.

Adglomero rolled her eyes at Lelu. "You'll get used to him-eventually."

She smiled at Adglomero's comment.

It's no problem...really. Pleased to meet you all.

She adjusted her cloak, thanks to that confounded breeze tha kept blowing through.

I'm sure I will. I get along with just about everybody.

She smiled brightly, a pair of feline canines. Brtute Jr. rolled his eyes and climbed up her side to perch on her shoulder.

Damon watched the illithid snap the tree and walk off afterwards. He turned to see Adglomero coming towards him. He did a small chant and nodded at Adglomero. "No hard feelings." he said before she opened her mouth. He tapped his head with a pointed claw. "I can read minds to an extent."

The illithid was out of sight by now, and Damon grumbled at the thing. Had he not been caught off guard by Heinrich's staff, the thing would not have pulled him down. Hell, the demon the incubus had summoned could have killed the thing without blinking, and Damon could have dispatched the thing even easier than that. Oh well, it didn't matter. What was done was done, and there would be more along the way.

He cried out in pain for a second, reverting back to his humanoid form, the holes in his coat from where his wings had grown through repaired themselves as Damon cast a mending spell. His eyes reverted from black to soft cimson once more, and his claws became more like casual hands.

Lelu stepped through the trees as he finished, overhearing what Adglomero said about Heinrich and his friendliness. "It's true, but he's not too bad. He likes to play with people's heads though..." he recalled, the illusion of an old man taunting him.

Damon walked over to Brute Jr., as the cat had so been named and held out his hand. his hand was sniffed, and Damon pet the cat. (I love kitties! >^_^<)

"Well, that's over..." he said, sounding a tad bored with the whole ordeal. "We know where we're going, and as much fun as it owuld be to stay and chat with this new person... so to speak, we have a trail to follow now." He held his hand out towards the balor's decapitated body and a short burst of white fire split the creature in two and consumed it whole, leaving nothing in place of where the body was but a scorch mark. "I hate evidence." he said, brushing leaves over the black spot where the body had been.

(OOC: My character's boredom with the event does not reflect my true feelings. I'm loving this! I hope I'm not ofending anyone with my 'competitiveness' though. In my biography thingy, Damon is the best swordsman in the Abyss, and that counts for billions upon billions of demons, so being caught off guard kind of erks his nerves.)

Edited by Damon Inferel

Heinrich leaned heavily upon his withered oaken staff, hisback bent with age and his long grey beard reaching down to his chest.

"Pleased to meet you." He said, his breath rattling in his ancient chest he held out a hand withered with age to the new pair infront of him.

"These people have been kind enough to let even an old man such as myself to join this party, having taken pity on an old beggar." He indicated his robes, which were tattered and food stained.

"I was fortunate indeed to have met this people, for they have protected me from the hideous creatures in this wood. I don't know how I would have survived without them."

A foul smell of decay radiated from him, making the new strangers noses wrinkle in disgust.

His rhemy eyes looked pleadingly up at the fearful demon that stood before him.

"Mind if I have a look at that sword?" He asked in a weezy voice made decrepit with age.

"I've always been interested in magical artifacts and that one looks most intriuging. I give you my word you will get it back."

Edited by Solivagus

Damon looked with annoyance at the old man, knowing what was going on. He plucked his sword with his finger and grasped the handle.

"Yes..." he said through his teeth, "We've been helping this 'old man' here through our little ordeal." His expression calmed a bit. He'd spent millennia taunting and decieving people, so he knew what kind of joy must come from Heinrich's illusions.

He turned to Lelu. "A terrible shame it was. This poor fool wandered into the woods and decided to hit me with his staff. He doesn't seem to like me too much. We're all trying to get out of this woods, especially so I can dump this 'old man' off of a cliff or something. I don't like being hit in the head with a staff, nor do I like to be deceived, if you take my meaning Miss..."

He walked over and gave a light push on the hunched shoulder of Heinrich/ Myriddin. "Look, she's part feline." he whispered, knowing the ears of the cat-lady could hear him. "I think she can tell, and you weren't like that when she first showed up. As amusing as it would be to watch her eyes turn into question marks, I can give yo my assurance that it will not happen."

He unsheathed his sword, looking at it sentimentally for a moment, and offered it to the disguised Heinrich. "Only if you take off that illusion. I'm sure we now have anohter member to our party, so you can't hide forever anyway."

Edited by Damon Inferel

(OOC: friendly riivals... how amusing...)

Damon flipped the blade so the point landed neatly in his hand. There was a small trickle of blood, and Damon let a single note flutter from his mouth in a musical tone. The wound on his hand closed seamlessly.

"Yeah, you can see the sword. You know, what you look like doesn't bother me. I gave up on caring about the whole ordeal anyway, I'm just sure nobody else wants an old man to slow them down while we actually have a trail to follow. I mean no offense by this, but i hope you can understand my meaning. whatever form you choose is all right, just please do not take that raggedy elderly person again. I'd have to be a little annoyed with you." At the last sentence, he raised an eybrow and made his comment almost humorously.

The sword gleamed under the small bit of sunlight peeking under the canopy, the balck jewels giving off a white glare that Damon turned his eyes away from. "Not really used to the light..." he said, shielding his eyes. He handed the sword to Heinrich reluctantly. "If I hear you mutter anything that isn't in the common tongue, I'll cut your hand off. My sword doesn't need any warding spells or the like, and that's the only weapon I've got besides my claws. Just letting you know..."

Heinrich smiled grimly as if at some personal joke as he caught the blade, quickly muttering spells of protection sheathing his arms in white fire before catching it.

"The fire won't harm the sword, Damon. It is merely something that will prevent the swords magic from harming me. I am more sensitive than some to the nature of magic eminating from such items.

"Interesting." He said, raising a quizzical eyebrow.

"The mark of Graz'zt, if I am not very much mistaken. Very interesting indeed."

Gently he ran his hands along the blade, closing his eyes as he probed it with his mind.

"Ah," He murmered after a moment. "Now I understand."

His gaze sharpened as he opened his eyes. "A very interesting sword indeed. I must congratulate you, and call you a fool as well though the reason may become clear to you later."

Smiling mockingly at Damon he calmly took the sword and cut of his hand before casually tossing the sword back to Damon.

His hand lay on the floor, twitching slightly though no blood appeared from the wound. After the sword was back in Damons persession he calmly picked his hand up and held it onto his wrist. There was a flash of white light and his hand became part of his body again.

"I will leave you to guess how much of that was illusion, Damon."

Edited by Solivagus

(OOC: Just so our physical movement as far as characters remains steady, let's just say that we walk and talk. I can appreciate stnaidng in one spot for days, but that's one of the things that ended my other RP... just a suggestion.)

The incubus shrugged at the display of apparent regeneration. "Illusion or not, I don't care. You didn't do anything to my sword anyway, so you'd have kept your hand in the first place. Besides, if I found your hand wouldn't do, I kind of doubt you can regrow your head." Damon grinned evily and then violently shook his head.

"No, I can't do that anymore." he muttered to himself, apparently trying to restrain himself from such a good idea. It had been some time since he had last taken a mortal soul.

"Centuries of reformation, and still I have trouble restraining myself. Funny, huh? Anyway, your guess is correct. I did work under Graz'zt, but my link with him is no more. He abandoned me, and so too I have abandoned him. I simply keep it for the ties that I once had and enjoyed being in the company of." He sheathed his sword again and continued walking.

"You might be right about the magic. It is wholey unholy, no pun intended, and if somebody like you were to touch it without some protection, you might not have been able to reattach your hand. There's some other uses to the sword, but they're all minor. enchanting it so it can touch the incorporeal and such. That blade though, has killed more beings than you will ever see in your lifetime. It is precious to me." (My precious...)

Brute Jr. sniffed Damon's hand and purred contentedly. ((Don't we all!!! lol)) Lelu smiled kindly and shoook Heinrich's hand. She eyed him quizically as that foul stench wafted through the air. White cat ears twitched as she watched the odd conversation between the demon and the seemingly old man. They were quite odd in her perspective, and that was saying a lot. Her emerald green eyes fell on Damon as he spoke to her again.

I understand perfectly well sir and please, call me Lelu.

When Brute Jr. began kneeding her shoulder, she shrugged him off, causing him to slide down her back. The kitten knew better than to try and grip onto her cloak, knowing full well the consequences of such an action.

As far the cat goes. You can simply call him B.J. It's seems to roll better off the tongue, don't you think?

She smiled brightly once more, those feline canines of hers reflecting in the light. She followed behind Damon as they continued their stroll(or hike, whichever really). B.J. plodded along beside her, that tail of his going back to that methodical swishing. If watched long enough, anyone could go into a trance like state. She'd seen it happen.

Edited by Lelu_Asana

Adglomero looked slightly green at Heinrichs demonstration.

"I wish you wouldn't do that. As I remember that's what got you banished from the elven lands."

"True." Heinrich replied calmly. "But I'm old and I irritate easily."

"Old? Don't try and pull that line on me." She grinned. "I know almost all of your secrets remember? Will you tell these people some day?"

"I doubt they care." Heinrichs reply was reasonable. "It's enough for them to know that I'm a fair illusionist and small time magician."

Adglomero collapsed into giggles at this and had to walk doubled over.

Suddenly there was a loud crack and a portal of darkness opened infront of Heinrich. Stepping out of the portal was a warrior dressed all in black armour. Adglomero looked nervously at Heinrich, who had gone pale.

"Oh hellfire" He muttered under his breath. "This is gonna hurt."

Silently the figure gestured to Heinrich and he bowed low before following the figure through the portal which then closed with another sharp crack.

Adglomero shook her head sadly. "The price of showing off." She murmered under her breath. Her eyes took on a sad cast as she gazed at the place the portal had been. "Melenkurion abatha, minas mill kahbaal." She said, uttering the only words of the abyss that she knew. "Disrupting the balance, Risking all life." She answered the the curious looks of her companions.

Some time later as the party walked down the path they saw another figure, sheathed all in black. He stood in the middle of the path, calmly waiting for them to approach. Whether it was the same being as before was uncertain. There were no distinguising marks to be seen since black armour encased his body and his visor was down. He carried a large shield in his left hand which seemed to be surrounded by a black vortex, making it difficult to see it as anything but a pool of blackness. On each hand was a ring. The one on his left hand seemed carved of ice, dripping water as if melting but never losing it's shape. On his right hand was a simple band of bronze.

An amulet around his neck was fashioned in the form of an eight pointed star and glowed with a dull black light. His black helm was cast in the shape of an eyeless face, giving him a curiously dead look. Adglomero's face took on a frightened look as she approached the figure.

"Why have you left your realm?" she said, her voice seeming to have taken on a slightly shrill edge replacing her usually happy voice. "What has happened to Heinrich?"

"That is no concern of yours, elven princess." The figures voice was strangly hollow and flat, seeming unused to verbal communication. He turned to Silver and bowed, his armour seeming to be more a part of his body and encumbering him not at all. "My masters have sent me to accompany you on your journey, your father was held in high regard." Despite his words his voice held no passion or emotion.

"My name is Kordrak and I am first guardian of the abyss. Command and I will obey to the best of my ability."

Next he turned to Damon. He said nothing to this figure, merely faced him for a moment as if sizing him up before turning to face forward, having said his piece. Anyone who tried to read his mind found only emptiness, and his scent held the same quality.

Adglomero dropped to the back of the group, keeping her distance from the dark knight and sending a series of cries to her Roc warning her about the knight. Her smile seemed to have drained from her face and she looked as if she would never laugh again.

Edited by Solivagus

OOC: I've been written out!

Ah well, that's what I get for not posting, maybe I'll show up later at some critical moment, if no one objects.

BIC: The illithid uprooted a tree with its tentacles, and used the to shear through the wood, displaying an even greater strength in those fearsome appendages than illithid's normally possessed. Hopefully the Incubus wouldn't attempting to melee it again.

Then it perceived something, more minds approaching. They were unlike the minds of the beings that the illithid had currently encountered. They were brimming with righteous hate and a purpose. Though they were the minds of beings with psionic powers, they made no attempt to hide themselves, they wished their quarry to know they were coming and feel fear. They were the minds of a rrakkma band.

They did not, of course, fully understand what they were hunting. The illithid felt some anxienty, but no fear in detecting them. They underestimated it, and it could easily destroy a handfull of rrakkma even without other illithids or even slaves to aid it.

But still, they were powerful, and they were many. It could not defeat the entire rrakkma band. Perhaps humans of similar ability could be overcome, but there was no greater death in githzerai culture than to die as a rrakkma, spending one's life to destroy an illithid. Where humans would hestitate when they saw their allies fall, rrakkma would not.

The illithid sent a thought of parting to the mortals and the demon it had encountered, and began to briskly walk away from them. There was no garauntee that they would side with it when the rrakkma band arrived, and if it tried to force their minds open and determine that, and they realized what it was doing, they would definately side with the rrakkma band.

They were close now, at the dimensional membrane seperating the prime material from the astral. There was no way to escape through the physical realm, so the illithid launched itself from the prime material instead.

The essence of its being hurtled past the rrakma. The illithid reassembled in what could nearly be called the heart of the astral plane. The astral was infinite, and so it had no true center, but this point was extreme seperated from the other planes the astral contacted. Most notably, both the prime material and limbo were very far away.

The rrakkma band would come, they would hunt the illithid here as well, but the Githyanki controlled this place. They possesed almost as great a hatred for illithids as did the Githzerai did, but that hatred was matched by their hatred for the Githzerai, and they had the home plane advantage.

The illithid had often wondered how a rrakkma band would fare against Githyanki regulars on the astral. Likely it would die soon, but perhaps that question would be answered first.

Eyeing the new members of their party without a comment she strode on down the path. As the woods began to grow more sparse the sun began to set on that most glorious day that could have become fatal. Finding a small clearing off of the trail she decided to set camp there. Waiting for the others to get settled in Seyan returned with their meal. Looking around she gave Seyan her share of the rabbits that she had caught, and handed the other to Adglomero, "Here is something to eat if anyone wants to start a fire share." Digging into her pack she pulled out her trail rations and began to eat.

As everyone finished eating she looked around. Noticing that most of the day Adglomero had hung more towards the back of the group and had said not a word Silver looked at the creature from the abyss. "Where is Heinrich? Why has he not returned? I had grown rather fond of his and Damons constant quibbles."

As Silver addressed Kordrak she noticed that Adglomero's mood seemed to deepen and she seemed to draw in on herself more. Looking at Kordrak she said simply, "And stay more towards the rear of the group from now on you disturb her," motioning to Adglomero, "And I rather enjoy it when she is talkitive I have had little compny other than myself in a long time." Waiting for his reply she gently rubbed Seyan's head preparing her for another day of hard travels.

OOC: Yes, I agree that as we are talking it should be understood that we are walking also. Oh and Tamaranis we don't mind if you show up later.

"Dragon Child, even though you are powerful you may still need protection. I cannot provide that without staying by your side. The elven princess will just have to adapt, as will all elves or else they will perish in later years." He said this all in the same flat voice, no emotion showed any more about the destruction of the elves than about Adglomero's need to adapt.

"As to Heinrichs fate-who can say? He is being judges for tipping the balance, but what his sentance will be is unknown. That is up to my masters."

Kordrak then looked curiously at the food, as if unsure as to its purpose. Without any words he layed it on the ground for anyone to eat before getting up and beggining to walk the perimeter of the camp, making no noise even in his armour.

Adglomero edged closer to Silver before beggining an explanation.

"He is a Guardian of the Abyss." She said quietly to Silver, a hint of something that was a mixture of worry and horror in her voice.

"The Guardians do not sleep, age or require food or drink. They came into being when the Seven entities who support balance realised that they needed some protection since they would be set upon by the forces of law and chaos. Heinrich has probably been sent to them because of his acts towards Damon, cutting off his hand rather than losing it created a large amount of chaos.

"I suppose I had better explain somethings about Heinrich, though he probably won't thank me for it. His real name is Lomach, and he is a servant of the Seven. He struggles to preserve balance in this plane, or is supposed to. Sometimes he forgets himself. He was never accepted into the order of Witch Hunters, he merely watched them and made sure they did not exceed thier authority.

"The beings that chase him are those of chaos, they believe that by destroying him they will suceed in tipping the balance in thier favour." At this thought Adglomero shivered.

"The Guardians know only thier duty to thier masters, you will never be able to make him leave your side and he will follow no order that will compramise his charge, in this case you. If a wizard were to cast any spell at you, even one that would cause death to any who were in its path, Kordrak would intercept it before it could touch you.

"All of this I know from the teaching that Heinrich gave me, though I'm sure he witheld much. For instance he never told me what the equipment they carry actually does."

Worried that Silver, Damon and the rest would think badly of Heinrich for using so many different names she hastily clarified his reasons.

"He uses so many different names because he has lived so many different lives. Whenever he dies he is reborn, though the Seven may change his form in order for him to perform his duty more efficiently. When my father found out who Heinrich was he was outraged and challenged him to a duel. Heinrich lost his hand but calmly replaced it as he did with Damon. My father was so humiliated that Heinrich was banished, never to return."

Having finished her explantion she tried to get some sleep, a look of worry for Heinrichs fate on her face as she hastily hid her tears. She didn't want the others to think she was weak.

Damon glanced at the new warrior, Kordrak, as he had introduced himself.

"So, you have my old job. Interesting how they would want to keep an eye on this little band. i'm guessing that the person who killed Silver's father and such is a little more important than i had first thought." Boy, do i know how to screw up an estimate of the importance of something. He thought, shaking his head.

He turned to the rest of the group. "Well, if this guy came from the Abyss, I'm not doubting that that is where Heinrich went. I'd go and get him, but I can't plane shift anymore. You know, being banished and all."

(OOC: Sorry for el crappo postage stamps on this particular newsletter, but the time draws nigh for my brain to shut down and completely forget where my cornflakes went. Actually, I just don't know what to say...)

Taking in what Adglomero said on top of Kordrak she studied the situation that she had gotten herself into, well I guess there is nothing that I can do about it now, she thought. Squirming herself into a more comfortable position she prepared for an uneasy night. All she wanted was a little company. The last thought that passed through her mind was that she would just have to put up with it.

Red and gold streaks lined to horizion as they stirred from sleep and headed out on what was their last day in the woods. Walking through the crisp morning air always lightened Silver's temper. Looking to Adglomero she said "If you would fly on your roc today. The edge of the forest is near and I would like to have another scout up there if there is anything that I need to know you can let me know through Seyan. Hiemalis and her are capable of communicating." Looking at Seyan the little dragon launced herself into the air sending a series of rapid images back to Silver of the things that she saw.

Adglomero's eyes brightened up at the thought of a swift flight-just what she needed to try and cheer up. Giving a shrill whistle she called Hiemalis to her and lept up on to his back. With a quick grin and a wave she rose into the sky and shot forward over the trees. Slowly images and ideas began to filter from her to Hiemalis and then on to Seyan.

Just outside of the forest was a small village. It's wooden houses stood in a seemingly random and haphazard way, offending her innate need for neatness. More out of curiosity than any real worry she soared lower for a closer look.

The houses had at one time been set out in in orderly manner, but now it looked as if they had been flung around as if by a large hurricane, though there had been no sign of such weather while she had been walking in the forest. All the people seemed to be grouped in a large open area surrounded by broken buildings and brick-a-brac.

"Why don't they straighten things out?" She wondered quietly under her breath.

Setting Hiemalis down just outside the broken village so as not to scare the villagers she began to make her way to the gathering. In a matter of moments she found out why the people had all been standing so still, and she heaved what seemed to be all the meals she had ever eaten into a nearby bucket which had been lying by her feet.

All the villagers were dead. They were held up in a number of ways. Some were crucified with metal stakes hammered through thier bodies holding them in place. Others were hanging from gibbets, thier faces blue and lifeless. When she looked at the grass she found dark patches of blood, making it look like the ground itself had bled. All of the villagers faces held grimaces of pain and horror.

Hastily she ran back to Hiemalis and leaped on to his back before winging her way back to Silver to deliever the news. She knew Seyan would already have told what had been seen, but she felt the need to tell it herself anyway.

"I'm sorry I doubted your ability to track the killers." she said through teeth tightly clenched to keep from chattering.

(OOC: Richard helped with the descriptions-I just wanted proof of Silvers fathers killers. Horrible imagination he has sometimes :angry: )

As the roc and the small dragon took to the skies, Damon followed suit after ripping his coat once again to spread his wings out. He was not too far behind Adglomero when he saw her heaving food into a bucket by means of vomiting.

"Well, that's something I've never done..." he said, looking at the waste that was splattered about the bottom of the bucket, landing behind the lurching elf. He looked up to see what she had been so nauseated by and shook his head. "If you're going to kill people, you don't leave them like that." he muttered, flickering by means of teleportation between crucified bodies and pulling the off of the stakes instead of the stakes out of the bodies.

Whatever blood hadn't coagulated spilled onto the ground, adding a more fresh touch to the carnage, as each of the twenty or so previously crucified victims lay beneath their makeshit crosses. Damon set to work taking the impaled heads off of the poles.

"This was made to look like hobgoblins did this." he said to Adglomero as she was wiping the excess bile from her mouth. "It's brutish. I've seen much, much worse, but nonetheless. The only mistake he made was crucifying some of these people. Things that barbaric don't have the organization of thoughts to do something like that. Also, these people died slowly, or the looks of horror wouldn't be on their faces."

He returned to the party by flying, trying to see if there was any clues as to who it really was. He stopped a moment after his flight, and looked at somethign on the ground. Two indentations, but only two. They were human footprints.

"Of course," Damon said to nothing. "His shoes would have worn out by now, and since he can use magic, this must have been where he stood to cast the spell to throw the houses around. Everything else was done by him and perhaps a small band of followers. This was done too quickly to have been done by one person."

He vanished and reappeared behind the party once again to report his findings not found in the village.

As the last of the party left the forest a loud howl ran through it and a strong blast of wind from nowhere slammed into everyone, knocking even the powerful Damon and Silver to the ground. Something seemed to ooze itself amoungst the party before they leapt to thier feet again, swords half drawn.

"Strange weather in these parts." Adglomero said softly, as if trying to reasurre herself. Kordrak said nothing, he merely waited and watched.

As the wind blew her cloak from over her wings Silver spread them. Looking her most fearsome. If the others could tell what was running through her mind they would probably be ashamed. She guessed that they had as much as forgotten that she could fly. What Damon did not know is that Silver had figured as much when Seyan had come back at breakneck speed.

Looking at Damon she said, "I do believe that that wind was from him. And it will take more than us to kill him. To have killed my father he is very powerful." As Adglomero and Heimalis landed she continued with her speach. "I was going to smeak in to where he lived on the night. But it seems that now I may not be able to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions?"