The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

In search of revenge.

Silver Dragon

"Kelvazu." Kordrak said in his toneless voice, his statement sounding unaturally loud in the silence following Silvers request. "That's what killed you father, Silver. But as to who or what did this I am unsure. Kelvazu's do not kill innocents unless they are a threat." Despite his statement he did not sound unsure, it was more as if he used the word because none other was available to him.

"I thought Guardians knew everything." Adglomero shot at Kordrak. "That's how you always seem to act at least." Her spirit seemed to be returning.

Kordrak didn't even turn to face her statement. "Perhaps. But guesses do not suffice the Seven, they usually fly too far off the mark."

"Heinrich would have had a plan." she snarled back angrily.

"Heinrich is not here." came back the toneless reply.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the guardian Silver said "Yes, but considering my father do you think that it would have taken more than just that one being to kill him? I don't know much about the thing that you are talking about but I did know my father and he was quite powerful and he had lived for a very long time."

"I also think that we should get to the next city as soon as possible. I am going to fly around this mess ahead and land on the other side of the village. I hope that everyone will meet me there."

Unfolding her wings she waited for everyones assent.

With the wind beneath her wings she flew over the trees. Looking at Adglomero she smiled to herself. She had forgotten how much she loved to fly. Soaring alongside Seyan she sent many pictures to the small dragon. Watching the guardian beneath her she sent a message to Adglomero, "So lets slow or pace so that he can keep up. I have the feeling that he just might come in handy."

As the day grew longer Silver landed and they all began to set up camp for the night.

OOC: I'm thinking that something should come up on us tonight. Something that we can fight. Just to liven things up a bit. Any suggestions? And please just suggestions for now till we decide.

(OOC: wait for me! I gotta start a little bit back though.)

damon blinked as Silver stated the ovious fact that not just oe person had attacked the village. "Whoever this guy is, I'm sure he had servants of some kind. I can summon creatures, that actually obey me, quite easily. If this person can do the same, he might very well have his own little army to do his dirty work for him. He just sets tings up so his army has the morale to finish the job. I'm sure monsters didn't throw that village into chaos by themselves, let alone topple some houses..."

He looked over at Kordrak, the familiar emptiness in the guardians eyes made him shudder. to think, I was doing his job not too long ago. he thought, remembering eight or nine centuries past. He wasn't too proud of his age, now that he thought about it. Kordrak returned an empty look, and the guardian's eyes narrowed. "you know, I can read your mind too." he said monotonously.

"Yeah, but it doesn't matter. I'll walk with you for a little while." he said, watching Silver take off after her little speech. "so full of business that woman is."

The voice fluttered through his mind, commenting on Kordrak. he knew Kordrak had hear it too, since Damon had to repeat the words in his own head, but he wasn't too concerned. He was a powerful guardian, but he doubted the demon could beat the incubus by himself. *Hn. Yeah, I was like that once too. He's not as old as i am, so maybe he's not fed up with servitude quite yet. He'll come around and realize it's all pointless.* he answered back, using a spell to send the message so Kordrak couldn't hear it.

The time had passed, and they were setting up camp... to avoid monotony, some hours pass and the sun sets. casual conversation happened during that time...

almost the entire part flitted their eyes open from sleep or whatever trance they had put themselvesi n when there was the rustling of some leaves around them. Damon shook his head. He knew he was incapable of sleeping, but he had zoned out for a while in his thoughts. "Too late for squirrels." he said, drawing his sword.

A small goblin popped through the underbrush surrounding the camp. He was bleeding from a severe head wound, and a lot of crossbow bolts were stuck in his back. He muttered a lot of labored words to the demon who had approched him and collapsed.

"Hey." Damon said aloud, trying to snap everyone else out completely of whatever sleep they were coming out of. "We've got company, and it's nt as simple as this thing." he commented, pointing a clawed finger at the goblin.

There was a loud rumbling sound all around the party, but there was nothing to be seen, and no footsteps could be heard either. The ground wasn't shaking either, so nothing was beneath them as far as it could be told. whatever was coming upon them was magically enhanced so they couldn't be detected. damon looked out at the party, but they all suddenly shifted to the left fery quickly, and he felt a pain in his ribs.

The party moved back into place as his spine was walloped as well, his sword flying out of his hand. Damon coughed, blood spilling out of his mouth along with one of his teeth. "Still... here." he teleprted into the treetops above him and looked down.

Whatever had attacked them had now dropped two giant branches, which became visible once more, and the trees Damon had slammed into were uprooted violently. he felt cometing brush the bottiom of his foot. It was too big to be an ogre, or was it? damon was standing on the thing's head.

He muttered a spell so as to see what was going on, to see the invisible, but was interrupted by a pair of claws raking through his back, lifting him into the air. This, he could see. It was a massive griffon, barely smaller than what was attacking the party below him. He teleported out of the bird's grasp and completed his spell as he started falling to the ground.

No, thse were not Ogres, but they certainly had some magic behin them. these were renders, massive beasts, abnormal in thier size though. They were bigger, and the invisibility wasn't their own. the tree trunks had vanished into the air, but Damon could still see them now.

The hunched figures lifted the trees above their heads and snapped off the canopy with their bare hands, giving them a very, very large weapon. The canopy hit the ground with a loud rumble, causing birds from everywhere to scatter, and became visible.

(OOC: This all happened in like... twenty seconds. fights are faster than they are described as... We get to fight mutated grey renders!!! Yay!, as well as an oversized, undead, griffon!!! Yay! This, should be a fight. See the 3rd edition monster manual for details... even thougb it's not on hand with me right now)

OOC: Oops... sorry. I forgot about suggestions... *winces* please don't hurt me. Is this okay?

(OOC: Some things you should know about guardians Damon. They HAVE no full minds, they know only what they need to know to do thier duty. He cannot read minds, nor can he be damaged by psychic attacks. There is simply nothing there. Secondly, he was created when the Seven first came into existance, I.E when this world was created. You cannot be older than him, merely as old as. Unless of course you ignore the fact that they do not age. Now that that's been said, time for my actions, both Kordraks and the unknown voice.)

Damon heard angry screams and curses issuing around his head and suddenly he was momentarily blinded. After a short time his eyes sharpened and focused upon the creatures. Everyone else in the party save Kordrak showed similar signs, and thier faces twisted in horror as they saw thier enemies. Some form of psychic power was being put into action that allowed them to see the invisible. The voice in Damons head ceased its cursing and began to mutter instructions.

*Leave the griffon Damon. The elven Princess can handle that for the time being. Concentrate on the renders.* After delivering its advice it went silent, watching the creatures surrounding them and preparing itself for any other surprises.

Meanwhile Kordrak had unsheathed his sword, it's keen edge radiating blue fire. Without even a war cry he plunged into battle against the nearest remnder, his blade flashing lightly across the creatures skin. He moved with a grace that seemed unnatural for a being wearing full armour and a shield, but such armanments seemed not to hamper him in the least. A large tree trunk slammed into him, sending him flying but he didn't seem to be even dazed by the blow, he merely lept to his feet and charged in again. Attacking the creature closest to Silver.

The renders face registered shock at the lack of effect of his blow and it's surprise proved to be it's undoing as Kordrak plunged his blade up to the hilt. With a sizzling burst of blue flame the creature exploded, its death howl resounding around the camp. Quickly he turned to face another of the creatures.

(BTW Damon, the voice isn't forcing you into anything, merely advising. There is no reason to try and fight it yet.)

Edited by Solivagus

Adglomero glared at the undead griffon, more annoyed with it's creator than the creature itself. She had a special fondness for birds and to see one so mistreated made her elvish blood boil.

Angrily she kicked her roc into the air and soared towards the creature, Heimalis screamed out a challenge to the undead being. The griffon rose to meet the pair, it's sharp claws poised to strike. Shooting like a bullet it slammed towards the two creatures stupid enough to fight it.

Swerving sharply to one side Heimalis clawed at the griffons form as it passed by while Adglomero fired three arrows in rapid succesion at the beast. The griffon seemed to shrug off the blows as a mere inconvinience and turned to attack again. This time Heimalis was too slow, and the impact of the two birds colliding shook Adglomero in her place between the rocs wings, her sense of balance only just keeping her from falling to her death.

When the creatures seperated again Heimalis was sporting bloody scratches in his side while the undead bird had a chunk torn out of its wing, making it's flight path erratic. Adglomero fired her bow again, this time hitting the griffon in the eye and sending it reeling. Heimalis dived to attack again but somehow the injured undead managed to swerve just in time. Adglomero looked around desperatly for help. The creatures stamina frightened her and she knew that even with Heimalis's skills and courage she would not be able to win this fight. The combatants began to circle each other, readying themselves for another attack...

(OOC: I know a griffon isn't a bird as such but I count it as one anyway. So there :P )

(OOC: Sorry about that. I didn't really know. guess that's what i get for assuming things, huh? All i know about the Abyss is what i learned from the book of Vile darkness and other stuff. I know a lot about demons, but i've never really heard of a guardian before.)

Damon paused as the thought flashed through his head, and paused again as the render exploded. "Hn. Easy kill for that guy I guess... I thought it might present more of a challenge..." He turned to Adglomero and Heimelis and the fight it seemed they were losing.

"Need some help?" he called out, drawing his harp as he flew by. He plucked a few chords and hummed a tune loud enough for the bird and the elf to hear it. If it worked, it would boost their moral a little and they might fight a little better.

Continuing his tune, he put away his harp and unsheathed his sword. As he flew by the elf and her roc, he stabbed the griffon in the eye, allowng a shriek to escape from it's partially missing throat. It sounded like someone was gargling bile.

The griffon turned to face Damon who simply continued to hum his tune. Poking the creature's eye out hadn't done anything, since it didn't need it's eyes, but it had hurt whatever had createdthe creature. the eye had been human in an aven beast, so this creature was tied to it's creator. This thing had been created by a wight, which meant...

The incubus stopped his tune and shouted at Adglomero. "You have to get rid of the disease your roc has. if you don't, it'll turn against you and become one of them." he pointed at the griffon's mindless state.

The decaying creature slammed into him and began raking his claws around the demon's body. Damon chimed something to himself and some of his wounds closed up ashe thrust a sword into the creature's skull. It was a shame he wasn't religious... this thing wasn't going to die without magic, and all he knew were charms and healing spells. "Wait a mi--!" he cried as feathers clogged his fanged mouth. He spat them out and began chiming the healing spell again, but this time at the bird.

The griffon warbled a horrific noise and backed off of the demon, fluttering around even more erratic than it had been before.

MEANWHILE: the render was having a time with the remainder of the party. A large semi-circle of cleared trees littered the area where the uprooted one had been swung.

(OOC: Try not to kill 'em too quick, ok? silver and them still got to do their part.)

Damon felt a pounding in his head and a bolt of blue fire shot towards the Roc. It became enveloped in a blue nimbus and the wounds suffered by the bird started to glow with a red fire. The voice inside Damons head spoke, this time sounding strained. *I can't keep this up for long, and all I have done is slow the encroachment of the disease. I regret I'm not as powerful as I once was.* Heimalis's head had been shaking moments before as an inner battle seemed to rage inside him, but the blue nimbus seemed to have helped and his eyes regained thier former sharpness.

Meanwhile in another battle...

Kordrak leapt towards a second render but this time he was not so lucky as the creature leapt out of his large and sent Kordrak flying with a swipe of his makeshift club. Kordrak caught the tree trunk a glancing blow and the render yelled as it burst into blue flame. Hastily the creature cast aside the weapon before the fire reached its hands. Growling deep in its throat he swiped at Kordrak, it'#s claws scraping long furrows into his armour while causing a schreeching sound that set everyones teeth on edge. Reeling slightly Kordrak turned to face his opponent once more.

(OOC: Sorry, got a bit enthusiastic :D )

Adglomero smiled gratefully over at Damon.

"Thanks for the help, both against the griffon and with Heimalis" She called out, before launching yet more arrows at the undead beast. Heimalis, having regained control of himself attacked again, the enemy unable to dodge due to it's injuries. Savagly he tore again at its wings and the hole opened wider as his beak rent its foul skin. The griffon tried to turn to face the roc to return the attack but it was too slow, Damons attacks had disorientated it.

Thinking desperatly Adglomero leapt from Heimalis's neck and landed on the griffons back. Taking out her knife she began to saw at the creatures throat while Heimalis kept it's attention. To her dismay the knife made no impact to instead she switched her knife to the other hand and jabbed down purposfuly with her knife, plunging it directly into the creatures now empty eyesocket searching for the brain. Once again her balance saved her as the griffon tried violently to shake her off.

She looked worriedly over at Heimalis, who was bleeding badly. "I hope he can hold out until this is over." She murmered under her breath. "I can't do anything about it now."

Damon continued his tussle with the griffon, watching every now and then the render below and his fight with Kordrak and the others. the blue falmes engulfed the tree that the render way wielding, but the massive oak had been tossed aside before any damage was done to the creature.

The render was now unarmed, but his six eyes looked about frantically for an opening. As Kordrak raised his wsword, the render headbutted his armor with his toughened skull, doing no real damage to the guardian, but sending him through a few trees. He picked up two large branches from another tree, but these branches began to glow briefly, and Damon caught the light. "More magic?" he muttered, ignoring the griffon and Adglomero in the background.

The render's branches were splintered at the ends, but the pointed edges turned a dull grey hue, as well as the rest of the tree. "Ironwood... those trees are going to be nearly as powerful as my sword now..." he blinked. "Hey!" he shouted below, not realizing the griffon behind him had given up trying to throw Adglomero off of it's back. If it was going down, it would try to take a certain demon with it. "The trees! They're like swords now, the fire won't bur--!!" he yelped as a beak snapped into his arm, followed by a mangled talon gripping his face. There were claws digging into Damon's skull.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the elf princess stabbing away into the thing's head, trying to put a sword in it's brain. She didn't know a whole lot about undead, it seemed.

Damon pried the claws off of his face with great effort, crimson and ebony blood flowing down his hair from the two holes in his skull. "You..." he coughed, spurting up a little more blood from his throat. "You have to cut off it's head!"

The incubus grabbed his head and felt his hand grow very warm with blood. If he let it continue, he would die. Immortal as a demon is, they can still bleed to death. He ripped off a piece of his trench coat and wrapped it around the top of his head tightly and flashed his sword out to cut off the griffon's foot. He succeeded, and the giant beast was even more crippled than before, but it kept fighting with unrelenting tenacity.

Damon teleported out of the situation, bringing the bird and the elf with him. The beak was still in his arm. "Dammit!" he yelled, biting into the bird's face, ignoring the foul taste of carrion in his mouth. The bird released and Damon tried to teleport again. He approached Heimalis, who was fighting the wight's infection as best it could. If the bird was going to live, the wight would have to go, and judging by the recent use of magic, the wight was hiding nearby.

He chanted to himself and sent out a suggestion spell to whoever was not currently engaged in furious combat. "There's a wight around here. Find it!" he said with magic pouring out of his speech. He chimed his healing spell once more to close the roc's wound to rpevent further infection, but whoever the voice was, his magic and the demon's healing wouldn't keep the bird among the living for too mcuhc longer. And then... they would have one more thing to fight, possibly two if Damon didn't find a cure for himself as well.

(OOC: i made up the wight for the 'presently inactive' fighters to seek out. That way, when Silver and them get around to posting, not everything is dead. Hopefully I can think of a cure for my character though... I hadn't thought of that. Demons aren't immune to diseases or anything. That sucks...)

Kordrak rose groggily to his feet to meet his foe again. With an almighty crash his shield interlocked with the Renders tree/sword. Snarling with fury the Render slammed forward again, forcing Kordrak away from the others. Inside his armour Kordraks eyes widened. He was going to fail his duty!

Grimly he strode toward the creature, savagly launching vast blows at the creatures head. Only one thing ran through his mind and that was that he was failing his masters. Gradually even his powerful arms began to ache with the effort of combat. With a sudden leap he thrust himself at the Render, shield, sword and all. The Renders sword was slammed out of its fist by the shock of impact. Howling with fury Kordrak threw aside his own weapons and grapsed the creature by the throat.

The Renders claw came up swiftly, tearing Kordraks helm half of his head but still the guardian refused to release his grip. The Render began to weaken though the source was unclear until the ring that seemed to be made of ice began to throb on Kordraks finger. Slowly the creature began to appear dessicated, drained of water and it seemed like Kordrak had the upper hand.

With a violent, desperate thrust of its arms and with a strength born more of panic than anything else the creature threw Kordrak away and into a tree for the third time. Groaning slightly, Kordrak rose again, adjusting his armour and pulling a broad-headed mace from his belt as the creature tried to recover from its shock. Both the combatants were too weary to attack again.

In Damons head the voice was silent. It had no counsel to give, and couldn't think of any way of helping without risk of exposure.

(OOC: wow... where is everybody? *cricket noises* Well, I'll make this battle last as long as I have to. {Note: not rushing anybody, I know how life is... just commenting. If I should have kept my mouth shut, just let me know...})

Damon looked at the wound on his arm, knowing that wrapping it wouldn't stop the infection. It was then that all of his other scratches and lacerations began to throb and sting. His adrenaline was low and he was getting fatigued. "I'm practically dead already..." he muttered before giving a loud cry and punching the oncoming griffon in its face.

He could taste the blood behind his teeth, and the still foul flavor of the aven zombie danced crudely on his tastebuds. "If a paladin wasn't so righteous and against evil, he might be useful about now..." he said, coughing afterwards, a small chunk of flesh lunging out of his throat.

The reeling beast came at him again, the elven princess still stabbing away with unerring grace. Her aim was good, but she was still stabbing. The wight had to be in immense pain because of her blows, but the griffon wasn't feeling much of anything anymore. The incubus' hand began to itch slightly and he looked at it. It was starting to turn grey. "Not what I need right now."

A voice, an unfamiliar one, began to edge its way into his mind. *Kill them* it said, sounding like someone was choking om their tongue. They probably were... "How cliche!" Damon yelled, escaping from his current fight and racing above the trees to spot the wight. The voice was getting more suggestive now. Damon needed soe serious healing.

It was not more than ten seconds before he spotted a hunched figure in tattered garments in the trees, a soft orange light glowing from his hands as various symbols left traces in the air. It looked like it wasn't paying attention, so Damon took his opportunity. He drew his sword, and vanished into the air... coming up behind the figure.

He plunged his ivory blade into the grey flesh, and the symbols disappeared. apparently the wight had been concentrating on ignoringthe pain he was recieving because it collapsed in front of Damon, retching bile up in painful bursts. The thing slid off of the blade and knelt down, wiry, oily hair covering his face.

"Take this curse off of me you freakish thing." Damon said loudly, trying to restrain his use of the Dark Speech. The wight looked up at him and spat on the crimson coat Damon was wearing.

"You'd have to kill me." it hissed at the incubus, "and since I have enough control over you now, you can't do it."

Damon blinked as he sheathed his sword and drew his harp out. The wight was too weak to move, so Damon could play all he wanted, but that wasn't his intention. His claws clicked fiercly at the strings of the harp, sending small sparks from the metallic tunes. The sparks increased in size slowly and enough of them landed on some dried leaves near him, which instantly caught fire.

He found enough will in his mto teleoprt again, back to the sky, trying to ignore the steady flow of suggestion in his mind. If he couldn't kill him, the fire would, even if it destroyed the forest in the process.

(OOC: Um... right. I'm evil, so i can get away with it, and it shuld make this fight a little more interesting. The fire, i mean.)

Kordrak lurched back into combat with the Render but the creature seemed somehow almost casual now as he swiped a claw up and tore Kordraks head off of his body. A sudden howl of wind ran across the ground towards the Guardian, fanning the flames building around the wight. Kordraks body began to pulsate with a golden ligth. The Render who had started to howl his victory cut off, it's eyes looking fearfully at its enemies body. With a brief implosion his body vanished through a green portal. The force of Kordrak leaving the mortal plane sent a concussion across the field, making the Render stumble.

Howling with rage at its sudden lack of anything to eat it wheeled toward Silver insearch of fresh prey. Suddenly there was a soft thchunk. Dumbly the beast reached up with its claws, investigating the strange object that had just appeared in it's left eyeball and embedding itself in the Renders brain. With a final howl it colapsed, it's body still twitching as if to try and refuse that such a thing had just happened.

The voice inside Damons head started to yell out frantic commands as it tried to help him in his mental battle of wills but they were unintelligible in its panic. The blue light around Heimalis began to flicker as the prescence in Damons mind had to focus more on self protection.

Adglomero muttered a string of elven curses under her breath. What the hell was she supposed to do? Can't chop off a griffons head with a knife and now Damon was losing his ability to protect Heimalis. She looked around desperatly for something she could use but her mind drew a blank. Her arm now a mass of aches and pains she clumsily jumped over to Heimalis again, starting to bandage her Rocs wounds rather than combat, hoping that the time it would take for her to complete this job would help her find an answer to her problem.

Damon's mind, now filled with the wight's curses and suggestions, and the other panicking voice trying to help him clouded his thoughts and made him grip his head in mental agony. "SHUT UP!!!!" he yelled aloud at his head, not trying to insult the helpful voice, but he couldn't fight with all of those words. Sadly, the words didn't cease though, especially the wight's.

The incubus drew his sword frantically and pointed it at his head. In his panic, he was going to try to kill himself to stop the noise, but he dropped his hands with a glimmer of realization. He didn't need his harp for this spell, so he began to shout loud, unintelligible spell components, trying to have his own voice drown out the noise in his mind. His hand's flickered around symbolically and several portals began to open up around him. He hated to rely on these, but they were his only chance.

From the swirling nothingness he created in the air, several bats flew out of it, slightly larger than normal bats and more ferocious. From the portals on the ground, he summoned wolves of the same caliber, large fangs and glimmering drool fell from their maws. To the bats, he directed an attack command at the griffon, who flew at the undead creature, batting around it and sinking their teeth into the rotting flesh, pulling it's remaining eye out and swiping at it with small claws.

The wolves he directed at the wight, who was still hunched on the ground. The pack let out a low growl and then began to bark furiously as they leapt towards the creature, tackling it and crushing bones with their powerful jaws. the wight would be dead soon enough, but the griffon...

Damon let out a loud shriek and joined the flurry of bats, his large wings in utter similarity with the dire rodents. He hoisted his sword above the creature's neck as it was thrashing, trying to shake the bats, and brought the blade down. there was a sound of tearing flesh, a small snap of the neck's vertebrae, and the sword exited, the head falling to the ground. The griffon let out one more flail before it began to fall as well. It was dead, but there was a loud yelp from below.

The wolves surrounding the undead wight began to dance around strangely, dodging something. Spiked chains animated themselves all around the wight's body, thrashing and tangling the wolves up. Limbs began to fly shortly after, and each one of the hounds fell dead one by one, or even two at a time. One of the hollowed sockets of the wight looked up emptily at Damon and then at the render, and then at the rest of everything else. It grinned, seemingly in perfect health again.

(OOC: Well, the wight's not dead yet... I had to kil the griffon off though so Adglomero could attend to her 'slowly-becoming-a-servant-of-the-wight' roc. when i made the D&D sheet for my character, i gave him summon spells, so he can summon, just in case you were wondering. Ummm... It seems like the render's dead, but I don't know about Kordrak, the poor decapitated guardian. whether the other's show up or not, we'll have to end this fight a little sooner though. I really don't want to be a wight-demon, and we don't have clerics who can heal that sort of thing, so we have to kill the wight. Um... If need be, I can always come up with another fight, of equal or greater caliber than this one. What do you all think?)

From out of the darkness there came a low, sonourous chant spoken in a deep voice. The syllables echoed hollowly in the air and the wights eyes widened-someone was foolishly trying to raise the dead themselves!

"Ash kahaz soras. Ith kinas mil sornas. Kirith nil haman." As the voice continued with its incantations a chill wind howled in and the ground began to shake. Slowly, as if being dragged from the ground, four skeletons wearing antiquated armour and bearing ancient weapons began too march towards the wight.

Laughing to itself at the foolishness of mortals the wight began to cast counter spells that would take control of the undead creatures now advancing on it. The voice began to take on a strained cast but to the wights shock it was unable to break the control. Hurridley it gave up its attempts and began to work on spells of protection as the minions of undead closed in.

The voice in Damons head muttered angrily as it felt the stirrings of necromancy being used, even if it was in order to defeat the creature. *You must find the wielder of this magic and kill him.* It said darkly to Damon. The user MUST be destroyed!*

(OOC: A void stalker and his hounds are ready to be called in at need, Damons actions in disrupting the void by summoning spells and such should be reason enough to introduce one :) )

Damon screamed at the voice in his head aloud. "How am I supposed to kill whatever is using the magic?! I barely have control of my own body, let alone everyone keeps screaming in my head!"

The skeletons rambled forward towards the wight, who was grinning at them maliciously, with no response from the machine-like undead, a blue-white light surrounding the dark creature with unoly protection. The wight drew a large sword, as well as a smaller mace to fwnd off his opponents.

Damon was struggling with himself at the moment, his sword barely being held in his hand as he quivered in the air, trying not to break down into either insanity or his former self. He caught a glimpse of his own consciousness and his mind was freed from outside thoughts for a moment. He used this to his instant advantage because there was no certainty as to how long it would last.

He flickered out of the material plane for an instant, holding his petrified ivory sword over his head in the midst of his interplanar travel and came behind the wight. He pushed all of his strength into the sword, humming an enchantment spell in the same instant to better his sword's pwer, and brought it vertically through the wight's tattered body.

The soft flesh was easily ripped through, as brittle bones snapped and grey chunks of what was once skin shredded into ribbons opposite each other. There were now two halves of a wight lying on the ground, and he felt the voices in his head stop.

His body was beaten very badly, but he had regained control by killing the wight, and the roc Adglomero was tending to suddenly regained some color to it's skin. But Damon didn't get much chance to rest as a bony fist plunged into his jaw and sent him reeling, only to land into a group of three other skeletons who clumsily pounded on his body. These creatures weren't discerning friend from foe.

Damon wasn't prepared for skeletons, and his sword clattered harmlessly off of their aged armor, and barely making them wonce when it did hit their stronger-than-normal skeletal structure. He wasn't going to run from a fight though, but he had to recoup, and at least change his appearance. He looked awful, and that wasn't something an incubus was going to put up with for too long.

He teleported again, but this time onto a stable tree branch. His wings were going to be of no use to him in their current condition. He almost allowed a tear to fall as his wings fell back into him, as it was one more pain adding onto a sea of others. He was a duelist, not a warrior, so his performance, he thought, thus far was admirable. He could afford to allow that one tear. One on one, he would nmever be in this kind of shape...

His face distorted itself, as was the rest of him, including his clothing as he altered his form. The pain from the scars would be there, but new flesh would cover them. His eyes flickered different colors and he settled on a soft grey, his hair doing the same thing, and he decided he would take the half-dragon's hair color: silver.

There wasn't much he could do with his clothes, since they were not part of him, but he used a mending spell to repair the changes and altered his trench coat from crimson to black. Otherwise, he stayed the same. He just couldn't stay so 'war-torn' for that long...

He crakced his neck and drew his sword once again and leapt into the fray to find the necromancer.

(OOC: Good thing... the wight's dead! I'm sorry to have killed him so soon, but we have a new threat apparently, and if I can't 'control my character' so to speak because i'm being undead, I can't do much. I should apologize for killing so many things... I'm not a glory hound or whatever, just... opponents only stay alive for so long, and ther'es always the next fight. Eventually, we'll have to leave the forest, you know? Just trying to progress the story, not play DM... sorry if I give that impression...)

The voice of the mortal that had summoned the skelentons barked forth a sharp command, instantly crumbling thier bones to ash.

"I offer you no threat, deamonkin. Do we really have to fight each other?" The voice came deep and powerfull across the clearing, and this effect made it impossible to tewll where he was located.

Inside Damons head the voice was screaming curses and calling for the blood of the magic user.

Damon stopped and relaxed his fighting position. "Daemon... kin? You have a soul, do you not? How could it be that we are kin?"

His body shuddered for a moment, his now silver hair wisping about from the fiery winds of the burning forest behind him, his coat following suit. He put his sword into the ground as though it were a cane and slumped on it. "I... don't trust you. But... I will... put down my arms... if you will. I... cannot fight now, and if we are truly kin... you won't strike me down." He commented, breathing heavily, his mind blocking out random curses and screams which were nothing compared to the pain his body felt.

He grinned to the pile of ashes in front of him and craned his neck to see the other corpses. "Next time..." he laughed lightly, "Try one on one... I won't be taken down... as easily as this." With that, his arm lost it's strenght on his sword and he passed out.

(OOC: sorry for the short post, but he did a lot of fighting and the pain caught up to him. Demons aren't invincible... regretfully. I just hope i played this out realistically enough... We need to heal, so if it's okay... we might want to cut the fighting for now. I love fighting, but...)

A small, dwarf-like creature standing about 5 feet tall half shuffled-half walked from behind a tree and towards Damon, leaves rustling beneath its feet. Grey robes gathered around its feet as it moved forward.

The figure stopped a few feet away from Damon and smiled grimly, ignoring everyone else. "Well, half-kin to be precise. My father came from the infernal plane while my mother was a duergar." This was all said in fluent Infernal, and now that the creature was closer Damon could make out more details.

He was lean and bald, though he sported a wiry grey beard that seemed to be tinged with streaks of red. His skin was rust coloured and its fingers ended in wickedly sharp claws.

"Forgive the actions of the undead, I was in a hurry to raise them and must have forgotten to bind them properly. That or the wight was stronger than me. A depressing thought but always possible of course. Now, seems to me as if you need healing." The figure flexed his claws and then tipped his head towards Damon, an inquiring look on his face.

Inside Damons head the voice was screaming in anger. "KILL HIM!!!" Damons head began to throb with the force of the voices yells. Realising it was causing Damon some discomfort it hastily lowered the force of its voice and waited for Damons reaction.

Adglomero, now safely on the ground, was relieved to see that Heimalis was back to his old self, if extremely battered and looking the worse for wear. Making soothing noises in her throat she gently guided the Roc to the ground where she could finish healing him. She landed close by Damon, ready to thank him, when she saw what seemed to be a small dwarf. Harsh-sounding syllables were being spoken by the creature to Damon, but what they meant she had no idea. To her shock Damon had put down his sword. Wildly she looked around, searching for some guidance in what to do, but no one seemed to be there to give her suggestions. Worridly she looked back at the dwarf to find it had stopped talking and just seemed to be waiting for some response. The sight of it standing there, the colour of its beard, things seemed to be trying to connect themselves in her head but they were only giving her more questions, no answers. She was also surprised to find that the creature was looking only at Damon, paying no attention to herself, Silver, or Heimalis.

(OOC: Sorry, I was grounded for kicking my brother :P )

(OOC: Well, technically, I'm passed out, but whatever. Let's just say that a tree branch falls on my head and i wake up...)

As the dwarf approached the fallen incubus, there was a light crack up above and a small stick landed on Damon's back. Damon jumped up wielding a sword he wasn't holding. He looked in his hand with dismay and picked up his sword just as the dwarf began to speak.

(Dwarf talks...)

"you're one of the unfortunate one's aren't you?" Damon said quizically. "I feel kind of bad to actualy see a mortal demon... half-demon, sorry. It must suck that you can't sell your own soul, since you'd fetch a good price for a hybrid... Oh, right... anyway."

He waved his sword around in the air groggily. He was content with having collapsed into unconsciousness, and with the sudden battle-ready startle he had gone through, his entire body ached again. "KILL HIM!!!" the voice in his head screamed, but then lowered again. It seemed like it wasn't trying to hurt him, but this was urgent...

"No... I'm all right. I don't really need healing. I'll be fine in about twenty minutes since I heal automatically. But... it's unfortunate." he looked down at the inquiring face. "Sorry..." he whispered to the half-demon while at the same time plunging his sword into the creature's skull, releasing it a second later.

"I had to stop that voice. I didn't kill you, but I have to know what you're up to. For instance, where the hell did you come from? What are you doing here? What's your name? You know, the basic interrogation... and don't even mutter a syllable I don't understand, and kep your hands where i can see them. If it all turns out all right, I'd be happy to help you." He motioned to the blood pouring from a hole next to the hybrid dwarf's temple.

(OOC: This is an interesting test... who is more evil? This dwarf or the voice in my head? Dilemmas, dilemmas... good job!)