The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

In search of revenge.

Silver Dragon

(OOC: I hoped you'd like it :D . I've got to learn to read your posts closer. )

The Half-fiend standing infront of Damon looked at him in shock. "Your kind created me and now you..." quivering with anger the creature got himself back under control before beggining to answer Damon, still talking in Infernal.

"I came from back there," the figure remembered Damons threat and gestured with his head back towards the trees. "I involved myself in the fight because it seemed like you are at least partially of my kin and it didn't seem like you were having to good a time of it. My part-name is Brek."

The creatures voice became, if possible, even angrier. "Save your pity for the weak, at least those who are born weak and not made so by being foolish enough to trust someone he just tried to save!"

Here the creature began to sway heavily, but with a supreme effort of will he managed to stay upright. Talking through gritted teeth he carried on, doing his best to keep his voice steady.

"I'm proud of my heritage, not like the others I have heard of who despise what they are. I serve as I am able, and I will not grovel before anyone for any reason, even you!"

Inside his head the voice spoke angrily. "You know what he is! You know who he serves! How can you even consider letting him live? I saved you and the elf when I could have allowed you to have been taken over by the wight! Kill this abomination! I have never harmed you, while this...this things undead creatures, by his own admission, attacked you! Lost control indeed." Here the voice took on a sneering quality. "What a convinient excuse. If they had have killed you he would have lost nothing, he could merely have claimed friendship to the wight!"

Damon saw that the dwarfs strength could not last much longer, he would have to make his choice soon.

Edited by Solivagus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: I rather enjoyed ths little test. sorry to end the decision so soon, but I made my choice...)

"How rude..." Damon said to empty air, looking down on the angry dwarf-like creature. "Well, since you've been so honest with me little dwarf-ish demon... er... Brek. Sorry. I had a little voice in my head that told me to kill you, and it was rather convincing. Buuuut... as grateful as I am to have been helped by the voice, I can't pay homage to something i can't kill if it betrays me. Sorry voice, but I'll take this guys word for it. If he betrays me, I could kill him, but killing you would involve suicide... and i'm not ready for that."

He sheathed his blood-stained ivory sword and pulled out his harp. A few tunes flew from hs lips and the hole in the Brek's head closed up. "Brek? Right? Well, sorry to have stabbed you in the head and all, but I can't easily trust someone who id partially daemonic. I've kind of been banished from there, so anything daemonic is usually sent to kill me. So, yeah... Don't try anything funny, and we'll be all right, all right?

"I hadn't intended on you to grovel to anyone. I'm not royalty... well, not yet, but I can't give you any details on that. My name is Damon, an incubus, but don't think i have any real interest in my original heritage anymore. It got boring some centuries or more ago... I lost track. Sorry to hear that you're proud of what you are. I mean, no disrespect or anything, but things with souls, especially ones as valuable as yours, are generally hunted down, and admitting it to a demon isn't the smartest thing. If I wasn't banished, I would have sold your soul, so try not to be too proud, okay?"

He looked up in thought, trying to remember what the voice had said. "Hey... Yes, you could have let me and the elf turn into that thing." he thought, not letting the dwarf hear him. "Hn... Decisions, decisions. well, Mr. Voice, i'll tell you what. I'll let this guy live for a while. I don't trust him anyways, so killing him wouldn't be a problem, but only if he gives me a reason to. So, stay a while and se what happens."

(OOc: god, that was a craptacular post, but i got my point across. My hands are hurting... I think I have arthritis...)

(OOC: Hey... wouldn't it be really creepy if this dwarf guy turned out to be family? Like... some kid I was responsible for centuries ago? That'd be really odd, but it's one hell of a plot twist...)

Edited by Damon Inferel

Adglomero gaped in horror at Damon as she saw him calmly drive his sword into the dwarfs head. She didn't understand what language they were speaking but surely nothing could justify that sort of behaviour. Nervously she backed away from the person she had once laughed with and travvelled without fear. Heimalis, catching his mistresses mood although not its source shifted slightly, casting a distrustful eye at each of the companions. How many of them can I really trust? she worried to herself.

(OOC: I'm assuming you're talking in Infernal since the dwarf is, so of course I haven't the slightest idea what you're saying. If I'm wrong then change this to something like me worrying about your sanity, saying that you hear voices.)

The dwarf known as Brek shrugged dismissivly at Damons comments. "I am already hunted by at least four others, one more to pit myself against would make no difference. Added to that the fact you are travveling with an elf of all things it seemed a fairly safe bet that you could be trusted not to turn me in, and being killed was a risk I was willing to take." The dwarf looked derisivley at Adglomero and then questioningly at Damon.

"Why do you travel with that thing anyway?"

The voice in Damons head swelled angrily and it seemed as if it was taking an extreme amount of effort not to do anything against the Brek. "He insults your companions and you still refuse to kill him?"

Breks head whipped 'round from studying Damons companions and fixed its gaze on the incubus again. Inside his head the voice seemed to shift uneasily.

"So. That's where you have been hiding." Brek said, a trace of amusment in his voice. "Devious even for you. You have no idea how hard your masters are searching for you. Be glad I'm not one of thier pets."

Brek said these words aloud and to Damon, but he could tell they were meant for the Voice and not himself.

"Hey voice... that's not really a justifiable reason to kill him for insulting other people. Dwarves and elves are generally enemies, or at least rivals, so it makes sense." Damon thought to the guy in his head before turning back to Brek and then looking over at Adglomero.

"Oh..." he said really low and shifted his gaze downwards. "Hey... um... elf princess," he said in elvish, and telepathically, to Adglmoero. "I'm sure that looked really wierd, but it was a safety precaution. He's still alive and healed now, and I had a compulsion to interrogate him first... Being a necromancer that he is, I couldn't have him summoning the dead while i'm talking to him..."

He then turned to Brek who had been talking about being hunted. "Well, i'm not hunting you. Especially since I don't know who you are. you're welcome to travel with us and all, just don't try anything really suspicious. I know it's kind of prejudice of me, but I was raised not to trust your kind, but i'm not going to hold a grudge on you or anything."

The dwarf had been talking to Damon's head a moment later, about halfway through his sentence, and the incubus caught on. "Eh... you know the guy in my head?"

(OOC: Geez... these are crappy posts. Maybe i'm losing my creative edge...)

Brek hesitated at Damons question, his eyes reflecting the fact that he was doing some extremely quick thinking. For the first time since Damon had seen him he looked uncertain. The voice in Damons head stirred with agitation.

"I know him." Brek said slowly. "I know his masters, and I know he shouldn't be..." suddenly Damon felt a force slam from his mind and into Brek. The dwarf reeled as the mental blow struck him to the core, and it was only by a supreme effort of will that he managed to stay concious. His voice when he spoke again was weak. "I think I'll avoid explaining furthur" he said, grimacing slightly at Damon.

(OOC: short I know but I can't think of anything else to say or do.

(OOC: we need to get moving here soon, or this RP will die from idle movement... mine died the same way...)

"Hey!" damon shouted to the empty air. "be nice to the dwarf-like person... er... Brek. If you can figure out a way to materialize or something, then kill him on your own time. Geez..." He turned back to the reeling dwarf.

"Well, if you don't want to explain all that much, that's fine. i just figured i had to try. I don't know about the rest of the people around here, but if you want to tag along with us, the more the merrier as they say. and try not to lok so uncertain when you're trying to think... i might think you're lying or something."

the incubus sheathed his sword (Unless I already did that...) and turned to the remainder of the group. "Well, we need to get moving. Thel onger we stand around and tend to battle wounds, the farther Silver's father's assassin gets away from us. Brek, you just make sure you don't do anything suspicious, and you won't have to worry about hostility towards you. Sorry, but i still don't have total trust for you. I hope you understand."

(OOC: sorry nobody else posted in the fight, but we'll say that they did fight and were dealt their own blows. There will be another time for all of the fighting. we need to find a village or something, get ahold of a doctor... I just hope this RP will play out to the end, since so few of them actually do...)

Breks' face took on a slightly disbelieving look as Damon told him not to look so uncertain. His voice radiated the same incredulity as he spoke.

"Deamonkin, you are carrying around in your head a being that could not merely kill me as you could but destroy me utterly, if it were to take on a pysical form that is. Right now I am treading the boundries of destruction and you think I should have no worries about what I say or explain?!" His body was shaking as he finished speaking, and he forced himself to take some deep breaths to calm himself. "Do you at least trust me enough to heal you?" He asked once he had got himself back under control.

From inside Damons head came a stirring and a warning. "Don't trust it! He'll poison rather than heal you. You've made a bad enough mistake allowing this thing to live, don't compound your folly by allowing it to touch you!"

This time Damon spoke aloud to the voice in his head.

"Look Mr. Voice, I don't know where the hell you came from, or why you even showed up, but you have to know that I'm apt to be able to show a little more trust to something I can see and hear and touch than a guy who yells at me because I didn't kill the little dwarf in front of me. I don't care if you can kill me or him or anybody else, you're traveling in my head right now, so I'll do what I want to do, and until you can show yourself to best me, then stop trying to make me do things against my will. If I want the dwarf to live, the dwarf will live. I'm thankful for you helping me back there, but there is such a thing as betrayal, and being a demon, I know a thing or two about helping others to get what you want. So... just let this thing play out, all right?"

Damon coughed as some of the other people were looking at him. "What? there's a voice in my head..." he smiled at Brek. "As much as I appreciate the gesture, I already told you that I heal automatically, so I'll have to pass on that. Don't worry about the guy in my head. I don't know who he is, and you don't seem to be able to tell me who he is, so let's just not fuss over it. If you die, oh well. If I die, oh well. I'm sure we've both lived long enough anyway. Let's just get going, we have a prior engagement with that half-dragon's family assassin."

• 3 weeks later...