The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

In search of revenge.

Silver Dragon

Adglomero hummed happily and looked about curiously at her traveling friends. She knew his view, but he was too quick to mistrust.

Rember yourself Roc Rider a stiff voice spoke in her head.

Laughing she whistled to her Roc to scout and to play hide and seek with Silvers dragon if she's flying as well :P

Edited by Vanessa

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the strange bird land and the newcomer take Heinrich's hands she wondered what the connection was between the two of them. As their greeting, or at least that is what she thought it was, ended she turned and began down the trail again. Seyan hid behind her hair, all the while not knowing how the roc was going to react, wisely Silver thought, for she did not know what to make of the strange party that she had somehow gathered to her. With the sun creeping higher into the sky she wondered what it was that this day would hold. Sensing what was around them helped in many ways, and as her mind wandered she began to wonder what had brought this woman to them. "So, Adglomero what brings you this far into the woods?"

While waiting for her reply she told Seyan to scout ahead, for she sensed something up ahead. What it was she could not tell. "There is something ahead of us. I do not know what it is. I just sent Seyan to see." Without another word and waiting for Adglomero to reply she trudged on ahead.

Glancing over her shoulder at Heinrich, Adglomero quickly caught up with Silver.

"I was supposed to meet Heinrich in a tavern some days back. When I got there there were strange rumours about magic. That had me worried so I went searching. I wasn't sure what to think really. Haven't seen him for so long had all my emotions jumbled."

Adglomero grinned over her shoulder at Heinrich, who answered with a scowl, making her laugh.

"He's always acting so grumpy and mean when he's away from-" suddenly she tripped over a root on the ground, cutting short her sentance.

"Ooomph."

Adglomero leapt up and laughed gaily "So much for the grace of the elves! Do you want me to keep Hiemalis under control? I don't know much about dragons so I don't know how much they like to fly, feeling the wind running through your feathers and-well, I suppose dragons don't have feathers. I'm rambling again I know, bad habit of mine. I don't get much practice with it so I talk as often as possible."

And about more than you should.

"Oh stop that!" She frowned over at Heinrich. "These are our friends and I'm not keeping any secrets."

Just make sure you don't trip on too many more roots.

Adglomero frowned.

Did you make me trip over?

No reply came forward, so Adglomero wandered over to look at her other new friend.

"You're a demon?"

Edited by Vanessa

The demon blinked in response to the sudden quiz he was being given and looked over his shoulder. His wings were still folded behind him.

"My, how perceptive of you... I mean that in the least amount of rudeness i can conjure. I tend toforget my manners in the face of mortals sometimes, being a demon and all. More specifically, I am an incubus, a demon of the more seductive nature of the Abyss, though it brings me no regret to state that I have decided to give such a life over to other forces. Thousands of people and their monotonous drone of various noises becomes rather annoying after a while... even boring."

His eyes fluttered open suddenly and he put his clawed hand over his mouth. 'I've said too much...'

"Anyway..." he paused, unsure of how to continue. "My name is Damon Inferel, but to keep matters more simple, you may refer to me as simply Damon. I have noticed, through my 'perceptiveness', that you are indeed an elf. Perhaps a tad more aloof than the elves I have seen, but an elf nonetheless. Unless, of course, it was Heinrich who stole your grace from you in that moment with his sorcery."

His shadowed eyes closed slowly and remained that way for a second. "Seeing an elf reminds me of my beloved. I can be sure that it might be found a little astounding, or even humorous, to believe that a demon, especially one of my... type, can even consider having the emotions such as love. But, as my love is an elf, she is also, in part a demon as well. A being of two souls, and the only demon to have a soul. I miss her so..."

He looked over to Silver as he continued talking to Adglomero, and he drew his rapier. The ivory-colored balde contrasted heavily with his shadow and crimson attire. "A blade forged of petrified grass. Such a plant is found only in a place where unspeakable evil was committed, and once it is taken, it will never grow again. The amount of evil I committed there... I do and do not regret. I was a different being then, but part of my nature still flows through my blood, keeping me from remorse. This blade..." he looked at it with a small sense of wonder. "It is second to the one I seek. This balde is sharper than any steel, and hold a greater durability as well, but it holds nothing to the Angelwing Razor. An artifact that I hold so dear, but it is out of my reach, for the devil Levistus his it from me millenia ago... As I have found company, perhaps we can all follow our own quests, each as our one party. Being timeless... I have patience..." He regarded Silver.

"Silver..." he said quiet-loudly "I am suspecting we are to have uninvited company?" He held his rapier to the ground like a cane and waited for what was to come.

Adglomero laughed happily.

"I've never had such a long talk with a demon before. Only met two though so that doesn't really mean much. Never seen a sword like that before, hope I never get on the wrong end of it."

Quickly she whistled shrilly to Hiemalis who came to settle next to her. The Rocs eye glared suspiciously at the demon and let out a shrill challenge.

"Oh stop that, silly. He's a friend. We'll be travelling together for some time with that lady there and with Adroniseth and I don't want you tearing the clothes or anything horrible, got me?"

The Roc let out a bird-like sigh and chuckled softly into her ear.

Adglomero laughed again. "There'll be other days. Now get ready, we might have some action soon."

The Roc flexed it's claws and it's eyes glinted.

"I thought you might feel that way." She grinned, unhooking her bow and getting ready to land on Hiemalis if she would need to fly high.

"Get ready old man, there's trouble coming!" :P

Heinrich scowled at Adglomero, and looked warirly at Damons sword.

"I see you are more forth coming with the ladies, demon."

With a mocking smile he leaned against a tree and his form shimmered for a second, then nothing. Nothing but Heinrich leaning idly against a tree, with the familiar mocking look on his face.

I don't suppose you're actually going to help us are you! Adglomero yelled silently at Heinrich.

And silence was all she met. No emotions or feelings from him. His ability to shut things off frightened her sometimes.

Damon's statement only heightened what she had already sensed. "I know that dear but if you would kindly tell me what this this is that is coming I would be much oblidged."

With that she took up a nonchalant stance next to Damon and drew her sword. The handle was made of her fathers tooth to remind her of her quest, with the hilt in the form of a sleeping dragon. The blade was made of no material that she had ever seen for she had retrieved it from her fathers lair.

As she stood waiting for what was to come she remembered the day that she had found her father dead. It was a surprise to her that she had found her father's hord intact. It was then that she realized that there had been a spell cast on it so than none other than the blood could pass for she found three corpses not far into the passage leading to it. She knew that the men had only come for the treasure that her father had possesed. That was when her search had begun.

"Adglomero, about him," Silver said eyeing the roc, "and Seyan. The little wimp loves to fly she just does not know what to do about such a large bird. That and she doesn't know how he shall act towards her. She is a very cautious little thing."

Sword in had she mentally prepared herself for what stalked them.

ooc:will someone else please decide what it is that we are about to fight? My mind has drawn a blank as to what it could be.

Edited by Silver Dragon

ooc: sure thing, fight or parley as you will.

The entire motely crew, including the roc and the dragon, felt a strange and wholly unwelcome presence pressing in on the backs of their minds. From that presence came a sense of regret that they were collectively, so damn magical. They would never have been aware of it had they been limited to only physical or psychic senses, but it could not overcome magic, the presence lamented.

Seyan determined its location first, and darted through the air towards it. It wasn't that the party couldn't see what was there... they could definitely see something there, but they couldn't wrap their minds around its form. It wasn't that form was to impossible for mortals to perceive either. Damon or Heinrich, with all their experience with the truly alien beings from hellish dimensions such as the abyss, would have overcome that simple problem.

No, whatever was there was dodging through their minds, hiding its image from them. It was adept, but a collection of agile minds tried to catch the image as it danced away from them, and it couldn't avoid all of them.

The form of a small child finally resolved. Either elven or human, it was hard to tell. She looked starved, her clothes were torn here and there, tears had left streaks down her dirty face, the very picture of helplessness. It was a false image, something else was trying to present this helpless child to their minds because it realized it could not hide entirely, but its disguise was rapidly uravelling around it.

So it dropped all defences and accepted the inevitable. Seyan retreated in alarm.

It stood at over six and a half feet tall. Only its head and hands were visible, the rest of its body was concealed by a simple robe. Its flesh a pinkish colour, but it was not soothing flowery sort of pink often considered to be a feminine colour, rather it was unhealthy sort of pink of a fresh scar or infected flesh.

Its hands were oddly shaped, and decidedly inhuman, but its head was much worse. Its eyes were great, glistening black ovals positioned on either side. It's skull extended back and upward to an unnatural extent, taking up much more volume than the head of a human or elf or similar creature. This shape enhanced the general squid-like appearance of the creature, for where a mouth should have been, four tentacles, each about three feet long, hung from its face. They twitched about, the movements of each one completely independant of the others.

The illithid held up its clawed, three-fingered hands in a universal sign of non-aggression.

ooc: So you all recoginized that was an illithid before I said it, right?

Adglomero gasped at the sight. She had never seen anything like it befre. Quickly retreated to Heinrichs form, seeking comfort as she had when she was a child. With a solid thump she realised she had backed into the tree he had been leaning on. With horror she saw she had walked through him. Apparently another one of his illusions!

OOC: Created via phone, all I've been told is that Richard cast an illusion of himself there, not where he is now.

Hiemalis gave an inquisitive look to her rider before quickly positioning herself between the strange creature she saw standing infront of her and her rider, while Adglomero looked desperatly about for Heinrich.

Heinrich glanced irritably at Adglomero before turning to face the illithid, dropping his invisibilty illusion, which revealed him standing alongside Silver.

For someone of the third circle you show remarkably little restraint, girl. Didn't the fact you gained NOTHING tip you off? For the sake of the elves I'm glad there are seven circles that must be passed.

Her face hot with anger and shame Adglomero quickly advanced alongside her Roc, being careful to keep her eyes on the creature rather than looking at Heinrich. She kept her bow lowered, not wanting to take hostile action without Silvers, and possibly Heinrichs, judgement.

Heinrich himself gazed at the creature infront of him, before cocking a quizzicle eyebrow at Silver.

"Your move, lady. However I believe it would be best if we were to communicate with this being, I do not wish to fight such a creature. To do so would severly shorten our odds at finding your fathers killers, magic swords at your command or not."

Edited by Solivagus

(OOC: Illithid? I'm guesing that is something that resembles a mind flayer... This should be fun... I'm going to kind of start back at Heinrich's comment to me before the fight started, and then jump over here... ok? I'll mark it with a little *)

Damon looked shocked by Heinrich's comment about the ladies. It was true, he was betrothed to another, despite being a demon of his sort, but the fact that the Witch Hunter had stated something so obvious was alarming. "You do know what kind of demon I am... don't you? Charming people is sort of my thing, and it has been for the past six millenniums. Hell, if I wanted all of you to be my friends, I could practically force it upon you, I would just rather not chance the possibility of being destroyed after the charm wore off."

In the back of his mind, he oped that none of them knew that an outsider, a demon in other words, could not be resurrected by any form of magic...

As silver approached him and drew her sword, he hefted his with little effort and a little bit of flourish. He prided himself in his grace as a swordsman, and was not afraid to express it.

Aside from the blade being ivory in color, the hilt was flamboyant to almost an extreme, but the gems encased within it were all the same. All of them were flawless jet black pearls, and there were six of them lining the handle, poking through the 'grip-tape' that surrounded it. At the bottom of the sword, a light blue crystal orb was placed, clutched by an ebony hand with six fingers. It was a sybol of his secretive allegiance to his former master, Graz'zt, though no one without knowledge of the Abyss would know it.

As the small elven child approached, Damon looked at it with unwavering confidence, simply watching while the disguise unfolded to reveal to him what was an illithid, a mind flayer as far as he could tell. He braced himself for the mental assault the thing was bound to launch upon him and his team mates, and took to the air.

He almost collapsed out of his concentration when he heard Heinrich mention something about not wanting to kill it, and he gave a look of utter surprise from what could be discerned through his black pits that were called eyes.

"Are you insane?!" he screeched at the Witch Hunter. "These things live only to control the minds of others and eventually drain them of life, possibly even their souls. These are mortal demons, and it knows what we are after, and will use that against us. Don't believe anything it says to you, especially if it says it through your thoughts."

With that, the creature began probing the demon's mind, trying to gain his alegiance by force of will, but Damon shook it of before it became too difficult. The forest was crawling with these things, and he had dealt with them before. He swooped down over it's head and rapped it on the creature's skull, attempting to break whatever other concentration it had.

If they wanted this thing as a prisoner, they would have to knock it unconscious first, and hope they could resist control from when it woke up.

"If you really wnat information from it," Damon called back after passing over the illithid's head, "You'll have to keep him restrained first. Try to knock him out if you can get close enough."

Heinrich swore angrily under his breath. "He came to us in peace and without attack!" he yelled at Damon. Slamming the white end of his Staff at Damon he hastily knocked the demon to one side with a blast of white power, not hurting him but preventing him from touching the creature.

Carefully he unhooked his sword belt and then layed his Staff against a nearby tree.

Solemly he bowed to the Illithid in front of him, arms spread in welcome.

"My name is Heinrich, among your kind I may be known as Morhaz Korag, banished and hunted." He saw the creature stir at the mention of his name and watched calmly as it moved towards him, it's tentacles reaching forwards. When the tentacles came withing an inch of his chest they became still. Slowly Heinrich reached under his cloak and pulled forth his amulet, which was glowing a pale blue.

"By this sign you may know me. Will you honour me with your name, if you have one?"

While this was taking place he quickly sent a message to Adglomero.

Keep Damon off me and this creature, it may have valuable information for us and it is not for Damon to decide what course the party is to take.

If you are certain that is wise- Adglomero sounded dubious, but leapt onto the back of Hiemalis, an arrow notched as the mighty bird took flight.

I hope you know what you are doing. She sent to Heinrich.

So do I

Heinrich turned again to Silver. "Lady, I say to you again. It is YOUR move. Whatever course you choose I will follow. If you choose to challenge this creature then I will help, and apologise for preventing Damon from doing so earlier."

Heinrich turned back to calmly face the creature, spells of protection ready for WHOEVER would need them.

Edited by Solivagus

"I'm sorry about this Damon, but he is Adroniseth, whatever my father says about him. Stand against him and you stand against me. Some things are stronger than friendship, even when they are forbidden."

Adglomero looked sad but fierce as she readied herself to fire, even upon her new found friend if need be. Gently she stroked her Rocs neck, wishing she possesed it's strength. :(

As she watched in silence she wondered if those two would ever work out their differences. "Ok, you two stop." she said in a very athoritative voice. "Stand down for a moment Damon be be ready none the less I do not know what this thing is, but I wish to be unscathed when I meet the people that destroyed my father."

Looking at the thing in front of her she warily examined the surrounding foliage, making sure that nothing else was going to jump out while they decided what to do.

"What do you know of these creatures Heinrich?" Silver asked as she took wing keeping herself just above the ground if violence began.

Turning to the creature she said "If you are here to harm do so if not spill it and tell us why you were stalikng us. If you give one word that I disapprove of I shall let Damon have his way. Speak lively now and maybe you shall be unharmed from this encounter." Giving the creature a cold stare and blocking everything else from her head she waited for the creatures reply.

OOC:Welcome. I hope that you can get along better with one of them than they do between themselves ;) but if you can get past my big meany of a char. then I hope you have fun. And please don't take offense to my comments guys I was kidding. :P

ooc: Don't worry, you're not up against anything quite as formidible as S'rurrus, and I obey AD&D rules loosely at best anyway. I'm pretty much just using the general concept of an illithid here, and not much else.

Damon made a mistake that, ironically, those inexperienced in fighting illithids never make. Caught up in preventing it from using its formidible psionic powers against him, he forget just how powerful those tentacles were. As he struck the creature two tentacles moved with the sudden speed of a whip being cracked and wrapped around his sword arm. Another anchored itself in his shoulder.

Were he prepared to do so, Damon probably would have been a powerful enough flyer to lift the illithid into the air with him, but his momentum was downward and that was the way the creature pulled him. It stepped out of his path as it pulled. In a single, graceful movement it had seized Damon from his flightpath and tossed him to the ground.

Even before he hit, Damon had switched his sword to his other hand and was swinging it towards the tentacles that held him, forcing the illithid to retract them in order to avoid having them severed.

Damon rolled and regained his feet as the illithid stepped back, holding all four tentacles out in X shape, ready to strike, revealing the perfectly circular, lipless cavern of its mouth, containing half a dozen rings of teeth.

The demon lunged and the illithid directed a stream of mind-scrambling energy against him, but before they could finish testing their powers against one another Heinrich stepped in, striking Damon with his staff and knocking the Incubus away.

Then Heinrich disarmed himself, and bowed, "My name is Heinrich, among your kind I may be known as Morhaz Korag, banished and hunted" The illithid ignored his words, instead focussing on the thoughts that were projected outward as a result of speach, taking in meaning without the barrier of language.

It was quite a coinicidence to have encountered the infamous Morhaz Korag. He was not a popular figure in the underdark.

Rather than invade Heinrich's thoughts to seek out whether or not he was who he claimed to be, the Illithid indicated with it's tentacles towards where Morhaz Korag was known to wear a very recognizable amulet, which Heinrich produced.

"By this sign you may know me." He said "Will you honour me with your name, if you have one?"

The illithid gave a nod, a humanoid gesture it had recently learned, and projected the thought that served as its name in its own wordless language. It was a curious thought, the image of an oddly shaped four dimensional object at a certain temperature. Though it was easy enough to remember, even if wrapping one's mind around the fourth dimension was a little difficult, and clearly distinctive, the name did not lend to easy translation.

Though the mental conversation between Heinrich and Adglomero produced thought projections very similar to those produced by ordinary speach, which the illithid "overheard' it did not ask what sort of information they might be seeking. It didn't want to alarm them with the knowledge that it had listened in. Instead it directed its thoughts towards Silver.

It was common belief that telepathic creatures such as illithids communicated by causing a voice to sound in the heads of others, but powerful a thing as it was, the illithid mind was not capable of comprehending audible speach. Silver found herself suddenly aware of this fact. The creature utterly lacked a voice, even a mental one.

The next thought it projected to her was the alarm it had felt at suddenly detecting a group of sentient minds moving straight towards it, then its intent to hide itself and observe the creatures and learn their intentions, finally it shared with her the frustration and anxiety it had felt as its attempts to prevent them from becoming aware of its presence failed.

Heinrich started muttering to Silver about the little information he knew on the creature.

"The few illithid's I've met believe themselves to be scholars, scientists involved in the research of knowledge. It is one of the most deadliest and unpredictable forces I have met. They are a form of mind flayer, as Damon suspected. As with some other mind flayers they gain skills and abilities by digesting the brains of thier victims. I believe they also learn many tricks from sight as well.

"Due to these facts I would usually have said that such a creature has no place on this world and would usually have tried to destroy it. However, notice the damage it has suffered and compare it with the way it so easily stopped Damon. You said the creature who killed your father must have been most powerful in able to do so, as must the creature able to harm this being.

I am sorry, but that is all I know more about this creature."

Having had his say Heinrich remained silent, though seeing the creature did not object to Silver keeping her sword he raised his hand and called his Staff to his hand.

A calm, peaceful evening found Lelu and Brute Jr., her little white kitten, meandering through the forest. The commoners at the Caberet told her not to just take a stroll in the forest, but they usually took her for less than she really was. There was more to her appearance then met the eye. A cool breeze blew her cloak off of her head, letting her auburn curls blow in the breeze. The little kitten stopped suddenly, which in turn made Lelu stop dead. The kitten let out a loud meow, contridicting to his small size.

Yea, I know...I can't seem to figure out who it might be, but there are others here.

The breeze came again and blew her hair around, this time revealing a pair of fuzzy white cat ears. Again, there was more to her then met the eye. She waited patiently to see if those who were near would cross her path.

Edited by Lelu_Asana

Sensning the other two creatures ahead of her as Heinrich did she focused on the illithid in front of her. Looking at Heinrich she asked "Do you think he poses a threat?"

Then she spoke to the illithid. "Why are you here? What do you want?" Searching his face for any sign of a lie to the thoughts that he sent her. From the look of him she would say that he was tough and that she should not underestimate him. Silver had been alive for thousands of years and had delt with things at least as old as this, she thought.

"Oh, and, Heinrich, dear, we need to talk when we get out of this." With that she waited for the creatures reply.

Lelu shrugged and continued her little stroll, figuring if she came across the others that she could take care of herself. Brute Jr. padded along besider her, his tail swishing back and forth as if following some invisible, melodic tune. A soft hum filled the cool air as Lelu began to hum to herself. It passed the time and helped clam whatever frazzled nerves she may have had.

Heinrich smiled grimly.

"Poses a threat? Why would you think that?" His voice was slightly sarcastic. "It only managed to throw Damon aside as easily as Damon would throw me.

"I have fought one of these creatures before, though then I had the support of the elven nation, and even then I was only able to drive it away. Still, I believe that it won't hurt us unless we attack it."

Heinrich frowned uneasily. "I'm not sure if it can understand verbal communication. If not then with your permission I would link with you, providing you with a way to send ideas to me which will then be passed on to this creature. That's unless you can do so yourself, of course."

Heinrichs brow furrowed. "And if my masters agree."

Damon paused, glaring at Heinrich through his raven-colored eyes, and rubbed his head. He had been hit by a staff and was thrown to the ground, and Damon mentally screamed at himself for underestimating the power of a mortal soul... again.

"Heinrich..." he asked, trying not to snap at the Hunter. "Next time, do you think it might be possible not to hit me while I'm crashing into the ground? The most that would have happened to this thing is it would have a head ache, and he wouldn't have been able to control you. Now, i can't be sure if you are you or not, none of you." He grimaced, sheathing his sword, and muttering a curse in Abyssal, his native language.

There was a small crack beneath him, and he leapt out of the way, a small black spiraling portal opened up where the sound came from. From it, a large dog-like beast with four arms, two of which ending in menacing claws and the other two with humanoid hands, emerged. Black flames swathed the new demon, and he surveyed his surroundings.

"Yes?" He blinked, realizing who had summoned him. "YOU?! What do you want traitor? If it's my service, then you should know you'll have to pay for it."

damon nodded, this same hting happening every so often. It was a wonder the balors he conjured up from the Abyss hadn't killed him yet. "Yes, I'll pay you. It seems our party here has come across this illithid... a mind flayer of some sort. They can't communicate with it, but I know you can... How about it?"

"You called me up here for this?!" the claws clicked rapidly as the two demons stared at each other. "You can communicate with this thing just as easily as any other demon, and you called me here?!"

"Yeah, well, I'm lazy, and i'm quite sure you were getting a little tired of being attacked. I thought i'd give one of you a break. Look, either you do this or not. If you say no, then I'll charm you and you'll do it anyway. Your choice."

The balor grumbled, muttering archaic curses at the incubus, who was now turning his attention to the two figures he spotted in the distance. A small kitten and a form of lycanthropic hybrid of a cat... or anthromorphic.

The mind flayer and the balor looked at each other for some time, neither one actually moving. It was a complicated conversation that only they could understand, since Damon was two busy trying to figure out if these newcomers were meant for the sword. (Demons are evil! >^_^< But, he'll be good...)

Shaargrizm, the balor, turned back to Damon, who abrubtly turned back to Shaargrizm who was turned back to Damon, etc...

"The mind flayer doesn't want anything. He was intruded upon by your party's cacophony of travelling, and he came to investigate. He did indeed recognize the amulet on that man's chest, and so he decided not to fight. He knows both which direction to travel to leave this forest, and he knows why the dragon is travelling. He wishes to inform you tht your father's killer passed the same direction about three weeks ago, and he wa bearing the same amulet that that man wears." He motioned to Heinrich.

"Her father's killer was one of your kind, turned sour however. This illithid wishes to express something of an apology for trying to decieve you in his first appearance, and that you, Witch Hunter, are not the last of your kind. The last of your pure kind, but not the last of your ways."

He finished his dialogue and drew a large greatsword. "However, Witch Hunter, your kind was meant to be destroyed long ago. I shold be much reered if I---"

He stopped short, considering his head was rolling along the ground, and a clawed hand poked through his chest. "Well, I'll take over the Abyss, one demon at a time." Damon said, grinning. "Sorry about his hostility Heinrich, most of my cousins don't seem to know when to let a grudge go. I didn't order him to try to attack you, in case you were wondering. They are summoned, indeed, but they still have free will."

"By the way... Our visitors that all of you have been curious about, don't seem to be unfriendly. One's a kitten, the other seems to be some form of lycanthrope or something. She is part feline it seems."

Looking at Damon she shruged. "Those two ahead mean us no harm, if they happen upon us let them be they have no foul intentions. But as you said earlier if they could not take care of themselves they would not have made it this far."

Turning to Heinrich she said, "Why don't you tell it to go on its way as it plaeses and thank you for its help. It is apreciated. That is if it wants to go on its way. And not to be rude, but how do you think that i knew where to go? I can sense my fathers blood on their hads even with as long as it has been. That is how I have been tracking them and how I know where to go even though I do not know this land."

"Adglomero you may come down now I don't think that Damon is going to try anymore of his 'stunts'. And if he does I shall give him a sound beating demon or no." Silver said staring straight at Damon with a look that broached no nonsense out of anyone.

With that said she turned and waited for the illithid to decide what he was going to do.

Heinrich muttered angrily under his breath, then quickly sent a series of symbols to the illithid conveying thier thanks, and and a small request followed by a promise.

The illithid reached out it's tentacles and uprooted a large oaktree. Looking pointidly at Damon it broke it with a simple twist, making a sound horribly similar to breaking bones, before wandering off.

As it walked off Heinrich caught a sense of the creatures mood and grinned.

"Come on down Adglomero, let's hope all our encounters are as easy as this one."

(OOC: Richard hurridly gets on the phone to tell Vanessa things are moving)