The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Promotions!

Gwaihir

*crash* *smash* *bash* Gwaihir was trying to put up a big sign, which read

Congratulations

but it really didn't help that he kept dropping it on things. People turned to look at him, and he quickly became shy and embarassed.

"Well, I was just putting up the decorations and getting ready for the announcement; I wasn't planning to make it myself. The big king guy is better than I am at such things and he isn't quite as ... clumsy.

But now you're all looking at me and wondering what I'm talking about. Well, I think I'll make the announcement myself so that you don't have to wonder what I'm talking about.

Well, congratulations to

Appy, Arwen, Doomgaze, Regel and Solivagus!

For the effort you've put in, the time and the caring we have decideed that it's high time to make you Pages of the Pen. You're all people we're really glad to have around.

There are also a few people who have been here a while and we think it's highly time to give them their quill.

Merelas, Parmenion and Zariah

All three of you have put in the effort over the long haul and you really change this place for the better. Here, take your quill and write with it proudly for us.

OOC: In fact, I'd like to challenge all those who were promoted to write a post about your own promotion.

Congrats all and thank you all for being here :).

DoomGaze walks into the room to see a huge Congratulations sign posted...

He quickly walks past it, but the some small print catches his eyes underneath the colourful letters... He decides to go see what it says, his curiosity got the better of him.

A smile erupted on his face as he started to celebrate silently. Too much tension built up inside of him, and he could not hold his happiness in no more...

"YEEEEAAAA!" he exclaimed while jumping with his fist raised in the air.

He then hugged Gwai who was still around the sign when this happened..

"Page ain't so bad" he continued.

--------------------------------------

w00t thx alot.. hehe ill do my best to continue posting my poems, and such....

and get higher in status here.....

GOAL: To dominate the pen by the end of next year.. MWAHAHAHAH *evil laugh*

j/k... I'll take it one step at a time, and my time will come....

Edited by DoomGaze

Ayshela flies through on her way to somewhere else, but comes to a screeching halt when she sees the sign. Looking closely and seeing the list of those promoted, she does a quick little happydance of congratulations, hugs all those promoted, and flies out of the room again so quickly no one is quite sure where she's gone to.

Zariah receives her quill and takes a gentle bow. Quietly she exits the room and procedes to her quarters, eager to test it out with a new poem.

OOC: Hey ya'll I am sorry for my recent absence. Life has been tough lately, and I am having to write two papers, study for a midterm, AND move into another dorm after dealing with the loss of my best friend due to unreconcilable differences. I have been at my home and my computer is broken, so I will be lucky if this post actually finds its way to the thread. I shall be back to normal by Thursday November 6th. WOOT for all the promotions and thank you!!! :P

Edited by Zariah

Ayshela stops mid stride, wheels around and flies back in to huggle Zariah extra emphatically, carefully folds an extra warm hug and tucks it carefully in Zariah's pocket for later use, and flies out the door again

Well... hmm...

At first, my first reaction was to play it cool B) . You know, it's all about the writing, and ranks aren't important, you know? That's what I should be like, right?

But then... another part of me is like...

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So, thank you all. I greatly appreciate it. I shall do my best to earn my rank, and be a contributing member to the pen.

(WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

*gasps and utters a small thank you*

I feel a bit idiotic at the moment, since I kinda expected this, at least a month ago I already kinda "knew".... thanks to wyvern >_<

Still thank you ... *feels embarrased and hides under her blanky again thinking; It shouldn't be so hard to fake feelings of surprise.. or to cover the truth with it.. should it? Sometimes I wish I could lie* :unsure:

PS: this would be a great concept to introduce Ptraci though.... Challenge accepted Gwai ;)

Edited by Appy

Ptraci grumbled

Why do they always bother me with noise at times that I'm so close in finding her or getting rid of her?

With a big sigh she unfolded from her meditation stance and stretched like a cat. Someone was going to pay for this..

Flinging her door open she noticed that the noise was comming from the Cabaret Room.

What a surprise, they can't just have a quiet party can't they? I'm gonna put a stop to this right now!

Stamping along the corridor she, uncaring, bumped into several writer's and for some reason people knew she was comming after only a few meters.. there was a clear path to the Cabaret Room now.

Legs spread and with her hands on her hips Ptraci stood before the big doors, listening. There was one big crash which seemed to be the last and then a moment of silence... someone coughed into a microphone and started to speak slowly and unsure.

Ptraci put a hand in front of her eyes in emberrasment..

Sometimes they are so ickyly unsure and being cute about it!

Ptraci growled and pushed open the big doors just in time to here that part of the speech which was important to *her*

Well, congratulations to

Appy, Arwen, Doomgaze, Regel and Solivagus!

For the effort you've put in, the time and the caring we have decideed that it's high time to make you Pages of the Pen. You're all people we're really glad to have around.

Frozen in place Ptraci gasped

No! not now! I'm so close! Stay away!

But the hearing of the name worked it's own inevitable way and slowely her appearances changed softer.. her eyes lost it's mad gleam and her stance slumped a bit and looked more insecure then before.

*Appy held her head for a while against the throbbing and hoping it wouldn't fall off. The pain was worse then ever, this fight the biggest so far, but she knew she'd win.. here among her friends. After what seemed hours but only was seconds Appy looked up and ran the last sentence she heard again, then she saw the faces turned towards her, all smiling and filled with expectance and surprise about her timely appearance*

*stammer* thank you don't know what else to say.. thank you *small smile*

*Appy uprighted herself to a less unsure pose and thought; This is what i'm here for, to write, I'm allowed to be a little proud now.. even though someone whispered this event in my ear before, nothing was ever sure. Enjoy being proud of yourself for once... you deserve it*

And with a big smile on her face Appy skipped along the corridors and bounced her usual bounce, saying 'thank you' and 'oi' (while waving) to all she passed

OOC: congratulations to ALL ofcourse! ^_^ *huggles* :flower:

Edited by Appy

• 2 weeks later...