The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

(Insert Nifty Title Here)

Alaeha

Instructions...

Okay, I'll write down what I think I understand, and then it can be confirmed, denied or modified.

0) find a song that gives you an idea.

1) you send the song/lyrics/whichever or both to Alaeha.

2) when Aleaha introduces you with your song in the thread -

3) your character roleplays telling a story inspired by the song.

So it's find a song that would have meaning to your character to the point where the character could use it as an inspiration for a story.

In summary, I have four parts to this:

0) communication and coordination.

1) roleplaying (introduction, your setup for story)

2) telling a story.

3) linking it in some way, however obscure, to the song that inspired it. Although so far, from the examples, I don't think you have to explain the links - let others wonder!

If I have this wrong, then I eagerly look forward to correction - since I'm already chatting and PMing trying to find a way around the rules... ;)

Ok... since the original deadline on this is shot, here's my current plan. :)

At this point, I've presented one piece and will try to find time around exams, holidays, and the like to put together another one or two... Ayshela and Gwaihir have performed...

So here's the deal: I'm opening the door to sign-ups for this until November 16th. My official Quill Quest will then run until all who sign up either perform or withdraw.

Those who don't sign up will then be able to steal the Stage on their own during the last few minutes of the show, or reminisce about the past as a song comes on that reminds them of something or spawns a thought. *Sends a significant look at Peredhil*

I've currently got a list which consists of: Salinye, Alaeha, and hopefully Gyrfalcon.

(Sorry to stick a deadline on this... I just don't want it to drag on eternally in the background. :( )

• 3 weeks later...

Bleh...

I suppose I lied. Can't bring myself to shut the door on people yet...

But... not to put pressure on people, but I need more people to take a shot at this. I hate to nag, really I do... but I'd love anything at this point.

*Hugs*