The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Boredom paints my eyes

Peredhil

The working thread

I do like the conversational gambit of your work. One thing you've mentioned is self-checking your own poems.

One thing that's worked for me is to read it aloud and listen to the rhythm and beat, if it's a rhyming poem.

If that brings to light any suggestions for change, implement the change and then have someone else read it aloud to you. You may find that they, not knowing how it should sound, do the breathing and phrasing in a totally different pattern.

Where the lines break, how you use punctuation, these can help with maintaining the pattern you want.

-Peredhil

Thank you for editing and posting this for me! (i'm still a bit lost on these boards as you see *giggle*)

I guess I'm going to have to bug my husband for the reading *grin* It's definitly worth a try. Thankies again :)

One of the things that I already noticed is that I have a hard time projecting the "picture" that is in my head on paper, so that other people actually understand what is being said.

My appliance poem is one of those that you have to read like the "Longing" poem in the working thread... I doubt many realised it :S

Oh well, back to the drawing-... uhm, writingtable ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Appy, The first part :

Apathy rules my body

Boredom paints my eyes

Reluctance tugs my sleeve

Confusion tickles my spine

Displeasure kisses my lips

Annoyance screams in my ears

Irrelevance plays with my mind

Is almost too strong to comment on. I really enjoyed the word choices you made. It looked at first as though you were going for some sort of alphabetical theme here with Reluctance jumping in out of order (A,B,C,D) but the only thing I was wondering about is a small thing.

After:

My turn

Defiance dances with my corpse

Excitement radiates my cheeks

Anger beats inside my blood

Tension permeates my muscles

Memory stings at my skin

Hunger yaps at my heels

Heritage beat my soul

Conflict is my life

Is it me or does"Heritage beat my soul" sound better as "Heritage beats my soul"?

Your call. Very nice piece.

Ah... oh.... oops! :(

First of all, thanks for your comment, Regel!

The revised, finished version is already posted though...and in that I replaced the "Heritage beat(s) my soul" with "Heritage made my soul" ^_^

What I 'really' wanted/needed was critisism on the last poem I posted in the "my" thread, called "Rejoice" :unsure:

Apologies for the confusion! I just figured I would continue posting the poems I need help on in that one thread.. maybe I should give them their own thread afterall?

*walks away pondering on the various uses of the rooms of the Pen in this particular case*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...