The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Clumsiness

Just for amusement, let us compare our clumsiness. Now I'm sure some of you are quite surefooted, but I am probably the most graceless thing you'll ever meet.

I tend to knock things over-breakable things, and things filled with liquid

I trip over my own feet a LOT

I've sprained my ankle three times and twisted it about seven-to-nine times. I have weak ankles now. <_<

I run into doors...

or get stuck in doors-hey is it my fault that my flute case has so many darned straps?!

Just now I tripped over a chair, and I think I sprained my elbow!

Can you even compare? Share your klutziness with us...I want to know that I'm not the only one

*rubs elbow*

I ran into a door once. I actually kicked it. While running for the phone, as odd as it sounds considering I'm not exactly the preppy run for the phone type. But I had been specifically ordered to get the phone in case it was the Army people calling to say we were moving to Siberia or something(actaully it ended up being Georgia, which isn't much of an improvement). But the point of this story, yes there *is* one, is that I kicked the doorframe and ended breaking and dislocating my last two toes on my right foot and ended up being on crutches for three months.

Chairs are my enemy, so are table corner, doors and walls, many many stupid tales of encounters with them

And yet when someone tosses me an object, either I catch it perfectly with a snatch catch, or I can juggle the object about 10 times before saving it.

Or the time I caught a pan one handed by slamming it against the side of the counter as it fell and flipped it back into the dishrack

I can't tell, I think I'm clumsy for show. :P

ohhhhhh let's see.. you'd never believe i did high hurdles in track in my teens, you'd think i'd fall over them *grimace*

i slid out of a cherry tree once, straight down into a barbed wire fence.

was walking down stairs in the auditorium once, with my best friend. a mutual friend called from up above and as we turned to look i caught my heel on the tape strip at the edge of the step (did i mention that these were concrete steps?) and managed to slide, on my back, down the other fifteen steps.

was running upstairs to answer the phone one afternoon as my brother came in the house and slammed the door, startling me. i missed my step and fell UPstairs, for a change, smashing my hand into the support for the railing and cracking three fingers.

was walking into a grocery store one rainy day and slipped on a wet patch of floor, slid halfway down the aisle, turned three shades of red at least, and escaped the vicinity being very grateful that my skirt had stayed in the down position... :lol:

numerous twisted ankles and sprained wrists.

and yet - i danced fairly well, did track, some gymnastics, routinely RAN in 3-inch heels without incident (even on gravel).

*shrug*

Haha! Thanks for reminding me Cheyenne... I've been told the exact same thing by a friend... (this stemmed from my whole going out and dancing to 80's retro-music every saturday... go 80's!)

But of course, I think he also mentioned I'm getting better or something... heh, funny story though, this last weekend, well, basically I fell off the dancing stage. Heh. That's the gist of it... I won't get into it well, 'cause it's just disappointing. Anywhoo, I've ranted on as long as I can, so, well, thanks, b-bye... or something...

:tree:

(Hrm, I seem *extra* crazy today...)

I once was chasing my dad around the house and we came around the side yard, thru the front yard and he ran thru the door and closed it [solid wood door] and I didnt think about it, until it was too late, I ran face first into the door..

Ive broken each of my wrist about 4 times, god knows how many times I have them sprained, split my head open 3 times, got stitches once, broken my hand, my nose and just beat the living crap outta my body, but not all is clumsyness, but most