The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I Didnt Find it

Tasslehoff

Slowly the kender rises after searching through ALL his pouches.. After putting just about everything back in, except a few lost items Gyrfalcon and Peredhil and Wyvern claimed as there own, the kender picks up a piece of paper with some scribbling on it, mixed in with the occasional tear drops

" Um. Well. I didnt find the rest of the other one. Maybe I never wrote it like I thought I did. Who knows. Being a kender is hard work, and you occasionally loose stuff, its a crazy job.. Well anyways.. I will read what I found, well actually. I just wrote it as I was searching through my pouches.. A picture from the past lead the way... "

Its been two long months

Havent seen your face or heard your voice,

Slowly weeding you out of my system,

Cant believe it ended this way,

All alone these days; But its ok,

Standing on my own two feet again,

No longer tied down by your imature games,

Watching the past float away to the sky,

Another memory bursting into flames,

Putting you behind me, Its my turn to say "Good-Bye"

.....Good-Bye.....

With that said the kender slowly exits the stage, as Ryan enters

OOC: This is the *real* me speaking.

Well. Yea.. There you have it.. Um. Also on this scroll, is another small poem.. I hope maybe I could share it with you guys? I havent shown this to my mom yet, but I will. One day. Its kind of a poem about her, the most important person in my life [ I hate picking favorites ] . This poem is about the struggle she faces everyday with her MS and just tells her that I will be there best as I can..

A Fight.. A Struggle..

No one understands her pain; No one can see her tears,

Denial.. Confussion..

No one knows what she is dealing with; No one wants to believe the truth,

Depression.. Self Hatred..

No one knows of the fight within; No one cares to choose sides to help

..But none of that matters..

..This battle will be won..

..No chance of loosing here..

..For by your side I will be..

..From start to finish..

..There I will be by your side..

After wiping away the occasional tear, and finally choking out the final words, Ryan exits the stage and takes his place by his mother

What do you know?       http://www.nmss.org/

The titles of the poems are :

1) Flames of the Past

2) M.S. - Her Fight.. Her Disease-

Ozymandias slowly nods approval, and stands, drawing his sword. Holding it like a banner in front of him, he says simply, "From one warrior's life to another".

Lowering the blade, Oz taps the tip to the floor in a short swordsman's applause.

Peter stands and applauds for awhile. Looking at Ryan seriously, he comments, "Simple words weighed with a lot of meaning. I admire your absolute faith and utter lack of hate. Both are few and far between these days." With that, he motions away from the stage. "Come on, it's a bit cold today. I know where we can get some great caramel apple cider."

Edited by Ozymandias the Elder

• 2 weeks later...

What Is Multiple Sclerosis?

MS is thought to be an autoimmune disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS). The CNS consists of the brain, spinal cord, and the optic nerves. Surrounding and protecting the nerve fibers of the CNS is a fatty tissue called myelin, which helps nerve fibers conduct electrical impulses.

In MS, myelin is lost in multiple areas, leaving scar tissue called sclerosis. These damaged areas are also known as plaques or lesions. Sometimes the nerve fiber itself is damaged or broken.

Myelin not only protects nerve fibers, but makes their job possible. When myelin or the nerve fiber is destroyed or damaged, the ability of the nerves to conduct electrical impulses to and from the brain is disrupted, and this produces the various symptoms of MS.

Rune hugs Tasslehoff in a warm embrace.

Amazing poems as always Tassie. You show the strength of your heart in your writing.