The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Roleplaying

Rune

1 ) Playing with friends in the same room. (FARS)

a ) on the phone.

b ) through internet chat.

c ) through emails.

d ) through snail mail.

2 ) Tabletop (Warhammer 40K with silly Roleplaying of the battles as you fight.)

3 ) computer single player (Master of Magic, stuff like that)

4 ) computer interactive (EverQuest)

I do most of my RPing here, although, I've recently discovered computer RPGs (unfortunately, I also have discovered homework, so I can't afford to get into any for a while, ugh).

I was never any good at Risk. Whenever I played with my family, everyone decided that I was the biggest threat and needed to be crushed.

Now I play Diplomacy. No dice, just conquer Europe using limited resources. You have to work together with other nations. Unfortunately, I'm worse at that than I was at Risk. People just like to pound on me.

Well, number one I enjoy rping forum-style (including writing stories) then I'd have to say pen and paper style, although I don't do that that much. Finally, I like video game rpgs, although they aren't really rpgs that much, in some people's opinions. (Mostly because they're too linear... although a lot of these new computer ones have the potential for pen and paper style creation...)

I'd also like to try LARPing some time, but I don't see that happening in the near future ;p

I did took part of Larps and I enjoyed them a lot. But, since I've got a weird summer schedule, its hard for me to attend these.

Table Top is nice too when you just want to be with a few of your friends.

I did roleplay through the internet by Java chat. Java chat is nice as long as the number of players is limited and that they are controlled, otherwise its a twinkfest.

I also like to play videogame RPG as well. I'm a fan of the FF series and I love Neverwinter Nights.

Edited by Lady Celes Crusader

I tried pen paper dice roleplaying. It never really worked. Y'know that dead ale wives skit about D&D? The one some clown made a movie using 3d models from a bunch of games? That was us, pretty much.

LARPing.... umm.... no. I don't care what you say in it's defense, for the love of god, no.

IRC... yeah, it's fun if it just spontaneously breaks out, but if it continues too long, my fingers get tired and I lose interest

Forums... never have the time or the patience to keep up to date

Anything slower, just forget it.

Computer games, if they're actually fun. Favourite RPG on computer is Fallout 2. You get a long term goal at the start, then you do whatever the hell you want from then on. Wasted weeks of my life on that

Maybe it's just reality digging her suprisingly strong fake nails into my brain, but I'm slowly drifting away from RP of all kinds

Nah, I'm just working too goddamn hard