The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"poetic Justice"

Wyvern

Enters and reads in surprise.

Wow, they were all so good. I'll definitely share the CD with Nyyark - I thought his twist ending on the fable of the grasshopper and the ant was clever.

I kinda liked Tzimmy's entries too, the composite forming a record of how life prevented her from entering. It's a strangely fulfilling poetic justice that her entry was capped by not being recognized at all.

But then, she often thinks on levels so subtle and deep I'm awed and barely understanding, knowing only that she's Neato.

Thank you for the Award. We'll have to get together someday and brainstorm an expansion to my entry.

Bows and hugs all the people who entered, holding them all as winners for having done so in his heart.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drat... I knew I forgot to list somebody... Tzim's journal entry was, indeed, a very funny and original way of applying. Caused several grins and giggles from 'round these parts... I didn't list it as I was somewhat confused due to her second comment in the thread, which I thought implied that she never managed to go about writing one. 'Tis indeed almost like poetic justice that I ended up overlooking it... Anyhoo, thanks for posting Tzim. ^_^

Reminder to the winners to e-mail me their mailing addresses ASAP. Send them to my e-mail addy: elitwack90@hotmail.com. The sooner you guys mail me the addresses, the sooner the CDs will be sent out!

Coming soon: "Poetic Justice" tracklisting, lyrics, and perhaps even some Real audio... To be posted in the "Banquet Room"...

Poetic? You want poetic? The matter was settled before I even began writing!!!!! Argh.

Before I whap my head against my desk for hours, commentary:

revery sailed right over my head. i am going back for a deeper look.

impostor's plots interlock like a fibonacci spiral.

Just to let y'all know, I submitted two of the CDs (Gyrfalcon's and Imposter's) to my campus Post Office today. Unfortunately, due to the holiday of President's Day on Monday, they won't be able to send them off until Tuesday... meaning you guys should be expecting them on Thursday or Friday... ^_^

Pered - still need a confirmation of your mailing address, check your e-mail.

(copy of email to Wyvern on receipt. Y'all just don't KNOW how well he did. I hope you can convince him to post some pictures.)

Peredhil dragged himself into the house after a long long day. The envelope gleamed golden on the table, like the sunshine which had been missing from the day.

Nyyark and Crowgirl, his girlfriend, yell down the stairs, "We want to be there when you open it!"

"What?"

"Poetic Justice! Wyvern's CD arrived!"

Nyyark, Crowgirl, White Rose Oujisama, even the B-ster and Mrs. Peredhil all crowd into the kitchen.

With shaking hands, Peredhil opens the envelope and pulls out a piece of paper. There are groans as the CD remains concealed, but it's HIS prize. He loves the anticipation.

He reads the Letter, and listens to Nyyark's exclamation of pleasure as he too is announced a co-winner. B-ster Dances impatiently wanting to SEE THE CD he's heard about.

The entire family crowds around in anticipation. Peredhil reaches in and pulls it out. There is a gasp! And a moan. It's gift-wrapped! Peredhil chortles and unwraps it carefully, noting the twitching fingers of sons wanting to rip the paper off.

Then it's revealed. The room falls quiet.

"He made that???" comes the reverent question from the B-ster.

"He's been here in our house. You'll be able to say that someday," replies Mrs. Peredhil, craning her neck to see better.

"Where did he get the picture?" asks Crowgirl, "He didn't make that too, did he?"

Peredhil reads the liner notes aloud.

"Yui Temae!" they all exclaim, and examine it closely.

"And Canid made the logo," Peredhil points out. They all want the CD held where they can see it closely, and ooh over the logo. No one is foolish enough to suggest Peredhil actually let go of the CD; his possessive grasp denies all challenges mutely.

Opening it up, Wyvern's picture greets them.

There are too many simultaneous observations and complements on the professionalism for me to record with any accuracy. I do remember Crowgirl reaching out with a sensitive finger to lightly trace Yui's brilliant interior picture, marveling so much she's hestitant to touch it, as though it might disappear as dreams do. Mrs. Peredhil marveling over the tastefully emblazoned CD; Nyyark wondering aloud if one of the pictures of the CD's Artists, semi-hidden by the CD, is Wyvern. Removing the CD removes the question - the Artist's pictures are numbered to match the songs. It's not him. "I thought he was too short," thinks Peredhil to himself.

Peredhil reads through the liner notes aloud. A pleasant shared laugh rises from the group at the solemn professionalism of the writing, contrasted with the memory of the passionately idealist eyes and ready penetrating humor of Wyvern the times he's visited in the flesh.

White Rose Ouijisama points out the legal disclaimer and they all begin laughing.

The group breaks up to forage cupboards and refridgerator as Peredhil sits down to read the listener's guide which delineates each of the songs, driven by the news that he's NOT fixing Hamburger Helper.

(Thank you! this ROCKS. I just wanted to give our first impressions while they were fresh. I'm gonna post a copy of this at the Pen.

This is actually how it happened too. We are blown away by this. Personally, I've seen CD-ROMs in Best Buy that didn't look this well done.)

I agree- this is an awesome CD, and you might consider letting others get a look at the cover art, Wyvern.

Just so you all know, Wyvern did an amazing job with the CD- as I told him on IRC, I've seen 'professional' CDs that weren't as well-made.

It's a bit dark, but overall very listenable to- and that says a lot, since I'm not a hiphop fan. :)

I'm currently listening to it as I just got it today. :) (In fact, popping this CD into my CD-ROM was the second thing I did when I got home from work- the first being to eat dinner. ;) There are priorities, and my computer is far away from the dining room.

Excellent work from Almost Draconic Studios, and any future CDs should be fought for fiercely. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Ohmygod!

I got the CD today (compare this to the others', and you will understand why Canada Post has the wonderful reputation that it does)

What can I say, the formatting the production (I don't mean in terms of songs, I mean in terms of CD, although the production of some songs is also) is amazing. I've got to echo the sentiments of Peredhil and Gyrfalcon, saying that I've seen (and have!) professionally made CDs that aren't made as well as this one. On a side note, I am apparently Wyvern's (better looking, of course B) ) twin.

Hopefully a review of the actuall CD will follow in this space shortly. My initial impression is that it is miles deeper than "Chronicles," (not to take anything away from that) and the raw power and anger of some songs ("Makeshift Patriot" and "Divine Disappointment" come to mind) is overwhelming, but is nicely matched by the introspection of others ("A Murder of Memories" and "It's of my Nature," especially) and there's only one song that I am disappointed by ("Brick Wall") which, of course, may be changed by repeated lessons.

Cheers,

Impostor