The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

one last time *sigh*

I noticed something...I can't write short stories...long ones fine!...short ones..well ya' know.

So I decided "How bout' a poem!" then that little voice in the back of my head went "YA! Good idea"...so here goes.

~-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_~

"Writer's Ballet"

Vincent walked into the recuriter's office and grabed a piece of paper and a pen. Without a word he wrote something and slamed it on the desk. The person behind the desk picked it up as Vincent lefty the room.

It read:

Sleepless I sit at night

So with this pen I write

My ryhme and rhythm may sound queer

But come fourth harken,hear!

In my mind I spin my dreams

Of brave heros and evil sceams

My imaganition makes the werid

It dreams of places far and near

My poem is finshed thanks for the hear

May it find a place in your heart near...

THE END!

godguyver@yahoo.com

Peredhil notes that not everyone finds RolePlaying easy, nor writing a breeze.

Looking at the Banquet Hall, I THINK there's still a place for poets, but I leave things like that to the Elders, particularly the Elder of Initiates.

I liked the poem though.

No sooner has Peredhil growled the word 'Elder of Initiates' then a familiar dwarven chant can be heard approaching the office...

"Hi ho, hi ho

Elder of Initiates? Heck no!

Wyv's drunk off beer, that's why we're here

Hi ho! Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho...."

One by one, the Seven Elder Dwarves barge into the office doors. Each salute Vincent, Melba, and Peredhil in their own particular fashion (Wacky saluting Melba by handing her a stick of dynamite that promptly explodes) and then crowd around Vincent Silverblade's most recent application. Looking over the seven odd creatures, Vincent prays that they are at least half as sane as the evil Elder of Initiates...

As each of the dwarves look over Vincent's poetry, the replacement recruiters begin chatting excitedly amongst themselves...

"Hrrrrrm..." murmers Greedy, "In his dreams are spun evil schemes! That's a big plus in my book!"

"I liked the way he closed it by yelling 'THE END!' and slamming the application on the desk" grumbles Grouchy, smiling a bit "Definatly my kinda attitude..."

"Well!" chuckles Wacky, who is currently standing on his head and reading the application upsidedown "He and I seem to have similar hobbies, spinning dreams... though I prefer to make quilts out of mine!"

"Heeheehee..." snorts Sleazy "... I like his use of 'queer' in line 3."

"No sign of any shinies at a first glance..." mutters Shiny disappointedly "Although if he's sleepless, it could be because of a shiny..."

"With the mentioning of heros and a heart, I think he has my vote riding for the 'sexy' bit..." mumbles Sexy, not really paying attention to the group as he is busy fixing his appearence in the mirror.

"As always..." chimes the final dwarf, Courtesy "It would be only polite to accept."

After a great deal more discussion and several games of 'tic tac toe' (in which Greedy cheats profusely), Vincent's application exits the crowd of dwarves with a bright red 'ACCEPTED' stamped on it.

OOC: An 'ACCEPTED' application Vincent, welcome to the Pen. I look forward to seeing you post more around the Pen and becoming part of the community. Welcome!

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 3/24/02 12:40:33 pm

Nyyark enters the dwarf filled room and searches the crowd for Initiate Vincent Silver. Despite his careful examination he is unable to locate the new initiate

Turning to his side he kneels, lowering his head about three feet, so that it may be level with the large dark bird beside him

"Crow," Nyyark says with a peculiar look on his face, "I had thought I heard you say that Vincent was promoted. Now perhaps I getting a little lazy in my crow-speak, but was that not what you informed me of?"

"Caw Kaa CaCaw" replies the large female crow, named Crow of-course.

"Why didn't you say he'd left? How long ago had he been promoted?" was the interrogation that Nyyark spits.

"Ka" says Crow, with the tone inflection to mean that he'd left before the decision had been made.

Nyyark rubs his chin, and scratches the cheek under his eyepatch. Then, after a few moments of this pondering, his right fist meets his left hand in a glorious slam of enlightenment.

"He must have figured he still hadn't grown enough to be accepted, hurry Crow, we have to catch him before he leaves all-together!" Nyyark exclaims, and rushes out of the room.

Crow looks to the room's occupants and gives a Caw that could only be asking for sympathy.

As Crow is leaving she hears "You know what I'd like to do to that Crow, I'd- SHUT UP Sleazy".

Puffing and almost out of breath, Nyyark sees Vincent about to step through the Pen's Main Gate Of Passing In And Out Of The Keep Dynamic Pause Forever!

"Vincent, Nooooooo" shouts Nyyark

Vincent stops and looks over his shoulder. He doesn't look so good. His face has been taken over by work bristles and his eyes have white streaks in the red mass of sleeplessness. It is obvious Vincent has spent one too many a night trying grow and learn so he could enter the Pen.

"What do you want Crow-Boy" Vincent askes groggily.

Ooo! -3 to Nyyark's Cool-Factor

"You were Accepted into the Pen!" Nyyark cries out for all to hear.

"What?" asks Vincent.

Vincent pinches himself then suddenly a change occurs. A sparkly blue flash reminiscent of the little men who live in Crest toothpaste tubes runs up Vincent's body. He is now no longer the tired, bloodshot, unsheared visitor, but the mighty straight backed initiate. A joyous hug passes between the the two, and a "hmmKaw" comes from behind. Nyyark turns to see Crow standing there.

"Hi Crow, Vincent this is Crow, she is my best friend. Crow this is Vincent, he is a new initiate." introduces Nyyark.

"Charmed" and "Caw" pass between a hand and wing, united by the common bond of the Pen

"Now Vincent," says Nyyark, "I can tell you what I came here too. I really liked your poem. I could truly tell you have grown since your first attempt at entry" says Nyyark

They both flinch at sleazy's laugh coming from across the keep

"I must say your poetry is similar to many of the masters that came before you, such as Poe. I think a thanks to Wyvern would be in order, by making you work until this wonderful new aspect of yourself could be revealed. congratulations, and good luck at the Pen. Later." Nyyark finished.

Cool-Factor restored Nyyark and Crow head off for Nythtrydal, which is now roosted at the Pen.

Edited by: Nyyark at: 3/26/02 7:16:14 am

"My imagination makes the weird... I like that line very much. Simple, yet very evocative," a somber voice intones. Looking around curiously, the four soon see its owner materialize from head to toe, standing inside the gate, directly in Vincent's path. Nyyark, Crow and Rydia automatically recognize Ozymandias (Rydia noticing the spot of blue robe suddenly reflecting in her ring).

Stepping forward, Ozymandias stares intently at the new Initiate as he stops a pace away. Leathery face breaking into a gentle smile, the former king of Egypt takes Silver's hand in a strong, if crooked grip.

"Welcome to The Pen is Mightier than the Sword."

(OOC: If roleplaying's not desirable, don't sweat it. There just happen to be many diehard gamers in the ranks who do it almost out of habit. If you don't, we won't give you a hard time. Well, a sincere hard time. ;>) )

And as soon as the Founder finishes his sentence, a mysterious figure in a black spandex suit covered in teflon body armor comes crashing through the window. He lands on the ground in a crouch, raising a fancy-looking, gadget-infested wristwatch to his mouth and shouting, "TARGET AT COORDINATES 23, 05, 17! GOGOGOGO!"

Before any of the unsuspecting Pen people can do more than turn and blink (of course, Rydia was already blinking at the nice, shiny effect of the stranger's red infravision goggles), another ten armored commandos burst through the door and rush into the room, shouting like barbarians (or drunken Englishmen, there's very little difference). They swarm straight towards Vincent Silver, grab him, tie him up in a black sack, and spirit him back out to a waiting armored truck, all while the leader holds Crow, Nyyark, and Ozymandias in the sights of his fancy-looking high-tech weaponry. Rydia just smiles, entranced by all the shiny equipment and lazer sights.

Just before he rushes out of the room, the leader looks right at Ozy and rumbles in a gravelly voice, "Mission complete, sir! We'll see to it that he's brainwashed into roleplaying conformity!"

And with a sharp salute to the Founder, the mysterious man turns and disappears back out the window, leaving Ozymandias facing an incredulous Nyyark, a ruffled Crow, and a sorely disappointed Rydia.

"Heheh... <:} ... well, he won't get a hard time once he's programmed to roleplay, right??"

Rydia just pouts at him and mutters, "Such tragic loss of a shiny Initiate."

((Heheheheh... ))