The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Important: All Those Applying Please Read...

My dear, dear, special guests applying to the Pen...

A new recruit's cry comes from Wyvern's closet and Wyv quickly rushes and shuts the closet door. He then turns to the new applicants and chuckles nervously.

I regret to inform a number of the new applicants applying that links to UBB threads are unacceptable forms of application. Of course, your UBB efforts will still be taken into account when deciding whether your to become a member or not... but you may not use them as your entry to the Pen. The application should be a piece of writing that shows that you have a willingness to write and participate in the Pen. Thus, I'll ask those who have given links as their form of application (currently GothicPeacock and Signe) to please write another entry specificaly for the application to the Pen.

Thank you for understanding, and (as God said in his final message to his creation) "we apologize for the inconveniences"

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms:

If you came to learn how to make fire,

COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!"

-Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 7/31/01 10:58:43 pm

I thought god said in his final message to his creation;

"You may experience some slight discomfort."

~Zool~

Elder of Elders, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Edited by: Zool47  at: 8/1/01 3:39:40 am

Hmmm... It probably is. It's been a while since I read So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish (and judging Zoolio's taste, I'd think he'd be a BIG Douglas Adams fan. )

To all my dear applicants: please be patient. I'm stuck with this lousy AoL connection for a week, so it may take me some time to get through the applications... Forgive me.

Almost a Dragon...

-Big Pun, R.I.P

"AOL? ARRRRRGGHH! Call the out the Heallers, the Army, the Strategic Air Command!"

Zool readies the 7 seals and a can of disinfectant a block high. He then stops running around in circles and rolls up his sleeves saying, "Okay, the Exorcists are here, back away from the computer..."

Yeah, Douglas Adams was cool. God rest his merry soul.

~Zool~

Elder of Elders, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Once again, my apologies for my current inability to respond to recruitment threads due to lazy internet access...

My personal apologies to all those currently applying. There are many. Jakob, GothicPeacock, Foe Caliber, Signe, and Minta. I'll be going back to DSL the day after tommorow, and should be able to start getting to them then. Once again, I beg for your humble forgiveness and hope the lateness of my responses hasn't affected your wise decision to join the Pen.

Soon, you will all be giving me money...

Almost a Dragon...

-Big Pun, R.I.P

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Quote: ...please write another entry specificaly for the application to the Pen

I think this might be that to which the Lore Master is referring.

It's really up to Wyvern, but if I were he, I'd probably find it much easier to write a Role Playing response to a Role Played application than to a sometime cut-and-pasted from else where.

Until Wyvern posts, what I think really doesn't apply. That's why he's the Elder of Initiates.

Peredhil glances over to the side bar and then winks at Gwaihir.

Congratulations M'Lord, on your advancement.

-Peredhil

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the intense pressures of being Elder of Initiates (by far one of our most important and demanding jobs), we've hired... well, almost hired... well, we're NEGOTIATING to hire.

Peredhil stops and thinks.

There is now an Almost Secretary to the Elder of Initiates.

Melba.

I hope that all Applicants will have the courtesy to Role Play their Application to the Pen, and suffer along - strike that. Endure the resulting. NO!

ahem. Will remain active while their paperwork is processed.

Don't forget to Role Play!

Thank you,

Elrond Peredhil, 31

Elder of Manners and Lists.