The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Are birds in eyeliner welcome here?

Guest Goth1cPeac0ck

Guest Goth1cPeac0ck

Greetings

After a couple conversations with Peredhil he has convinced me to apply to your fine guild. Unlike some here I'm more a commentary poster than a roleplay poster. Yet I'm told quality rather the subject is the focus here. So I submit links to three threads where I feel I've expressed myself well.

Pillage

arch17.magewar.com/ubb/Fo...00791.html

Masters of our own UBB destiny

arch17.magewar.com/ubb/Fo...00864.html

The Wrong of War

arch17.magewar.com/ubb/Fo...00873.html

The first two are threads I started, the forth is one I joined about 11 posts in. I post to the UBB under the name GothicPeacock. I suspect EZ-Boards in an over zealous desire to crush profanity failed to allow any username with those last four letters sequentially. Thus I come to you here as Goth1cPeac0ck.

I await your judgement...

-- GothicPeacock -- The Leveller --

But someone has to strike a pose,

And bear the weight of well-tailored clothes

Each species needs a sex that's fated

To be highly decorated

That is why the Lord created men!

"The Creation of Man" _Scarlet Pimpernel_

Edited by: Goth1cPeac0ck at: 7/30/01 6:15:40 pm

Guest Rezure7

wow, you could do that? I mean, submit old UBB posts to show your self-assumed worth?

If so, here are mine:

ah, whatever, I'll just put a link to my best post ever, considering you may have missed it (if you're in doubt, it's the one in the thread that says it's my best post ever). If someone has achieved better, I'd like to see it.

Oh noooo! They deleted the thread with my best post in it! Or something else happened to it! Why'd IceShadow have to post stupid things and get his threads deleted, while *some* people had their best post ever in them.

And Jechum - about me being page - you're dead wrong! Why am I a page? Because I asked Zool on the boards to join the guild in the olden days, when I think it was a "first come first serve" guild entrance policy =O) And after that, they prolly just don't feel like demoting me

Impostor

Edited by: Rezure7 at: 7/31/01 7:12:58 pm

Jechum floats in…

Page Rezure, it is because of the recognition of your "old" posts that you are a Page.

Gothic Peacock, I'm sure Elder of Initiates shall be getting with you shortly.

He will read your posts and evaluate them, he may request some more posts for evaluation and start you off as an Initiate.

If he feels your old posts already exemplify the Pen's Standard

pub79.ezboard.com/fthemig...ID=2.topic

He'll consult with another Elder and make you a Page; giving you access to Member Areas.

To move beyond Page future posts should exemplify the Pen's Standard because as a member your posts will represent The Pen.

I would also like to remind everyone to keep in mind that we are still a newly recreated Guild and going through growing pains.

There are still many known talents out there that may quickly rise if they apply for membership in the Pen. Having started out in The Pen myself as an Ink Blot, Page is something to take pride in. A Page is the Pen's recognition for a future talent who has demonstrated both skill and potential. Quill-Bearers exemplify the Pen's standard in most of their posts and are being groomed to take a more active role in the guild. In the future Quill-Bearers will be issued their quill and receive their Quill Quest later. Quill Quests will be given when the Elders and the voting members feel they are ready for the next step mentoring and assisting others. The Quill Quests will be a way for a member to show their dedication in deed as well as word to the Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Jechum floats out…

Edited by: Jechum at: 7/31/01 8:20:41 am

Guest Judicator84

I(with whatever little influence I have), fully support GP's application...this mage's writing and attitude is superb compared to some others...

I support him for an Initiate as well.

BUT!

Wyvern is The Elder of Initiates and I fully support his screening techniques.

Prospective members requesting membership must write an application for membership in the Pen. Old posts will be taken into consideration for evaluation but a whole person concept will be utilized. For commentators such as myself, a well written application may be a very difficult task but I must agree, Pen members should be up to the challenge!

Edited by: Jechum at: 8/1/01 6:17:35 am

Guest Goth1cPeac0ck

I will post this to the UBB as well as here, as but I post it here first. I hope this qualifies as a writting sample and application.

A bit of background for those not playing AgerGuilded first. The guild I'm in, Army of Darkness, is currently in a huge war involving many guilds. My guild and its allies in many respects represent the upstarts and occassionally refer to ourselves as the "rebel alliance." Our opponents are older guilds which have been the dominate powers on the server for some time. We are currently winning the war. One of the guilds that resently joined against us is Ringlords. Most Ringlords mages take their mage names from works of J R R Tolkien.

As the rebel alliance scores success after success in its battle against the evil empire, greater plans are being unhatched. Any of you that thought this conflict in cyberspace would limited there will now discover your error. Ringlords, the latest guild to enter the war against us, shall be made an example.

Our agents in Kazakhstan are currently arresting suspected Ringlords sympathizers. Expect similar sweeps throught the rest of the former Soviet Union in the comming days. Once a Ringlords free zone has been established there we will expand the net into western Europe and the Americas. This is a game played on many continents and all shall pay us proper hommage!

Let it be known to all that would oppose us, the costs of defying the new order will be paid in blood, real blood! Do not fail to surrender now.

www.independent.co.uk/sto...tory=85886

The link above would be very funny if it was not true. It is a scary world we live in. Real oppression is nothing like the "wars" we wage here. Good luck to those fighting for freedom the world over.

To be highly decorated

Edited by: Goth1cPeac0ck at: 8/1/01 7:35:48 am

Gothic Peacock,

Personally I'd let you slip by and make you an Initiate, but that is not my call to make.

Read some of the other applications that Wyvern Elder of Iniatiates has accepted to give you a better idea of what he's looking for.

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

[image]members.optushome.com.au/witchylove/Jechum5.jpg[/image]

Wow GP, that's quite a story on the link you provided. All I can say is small minds dwell on small things - the Gvmnt. of Kazakhstan should pay more attention to matters of state, rather than trying to stamp out individuality.

So, can you reccomend a good eyeliner?

~Zool~

Elder of Elders, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Edited by: Zool47  at: 8/2/01 7:35:54 am

Guest DoctorEvil65

Zool......these people are dressing up as hobbits.....the Doctor fully supports the extermination of hobbits!

Sincerely,

DoctorEvil

Guest Goth1cPeac0ck

Quote: Zool47:

So, can you reccomend a good eyeliner?

Clinique 11 natural black is great eyeliner. Ultima II is my choice for mascara.

To be highly decorated

Edited by: Goth1cPeac0ck at: 8/2/01 7:56:16 pm

Wyvern shuffles a few papers on his desk.[/b]

"Well Gothicpeackock, I think you'd make a great Initiate!"

Gothicpeacock wakes from his sleep. He had been waiting for weeks for a response. "Hmmm?" he murmers sleepily "What...?"

"I said you made it as an Initiate, Peacock m'boy!" Wyvern pats Gothicpeacock on the back. "Good job!"

"Oh... really?!" exclaims Gothicpeacock "Yes! Yes! I made it!"

"Now if you'll just step this way..." Wyvern points to a door in the far corner of the room.

Gothicpeacock proudly strides through the door, only to realize a moment to late that it was a trap. The door leads into a cage labeled "Do Not Touch: Endagered Species", and the gate of the cage closes behind him. Gothicpeacock cries out:

"What's the meaning of this?!!"

Wyvern rubs his scaly palms together and hisses.

"I'm selling you to the zoo! You know how much they take Peacocks in eyeliner over there? MILLIONS of geld!!!"

Having said that, Wyvern lets out a hysterical laugh... whcih is interrupted when he gets slammed in the back of the head with a mallet. Jechum dusts off his hands, drops the mallet on the ground, and unlocks the cage for Gothicpeacock. Leading Peacock to the depths of the Pen, Jechum mutters:

"Sorry about Wyvern... he's a wee bit money-mad."

OOC: I officialy declare GothicPeacock an Initiate of the Pen

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms:

If you came to learn how to make fire,

COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!"

-Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.