The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Third Annual Archmage Royal Rumble

Guest Kasmandre

Griever walked into the arena and cranked his neck as he took a seat on a stone ledge, from that view point he could see the battles as they unfolded. He would have liked to get an idea of what he would be facing had the mage actually joined the battle.

"Oh that looked like it hurt" Griever winced sarcastically as Sardin slammed into a tree.

Griever was about to yell something, but remained prudent. He could see that the man didn't even recoil from the assault and flew at the demoness.

"He looks mean. Better not mess with the guy, yet anyway." The mage tapped his staff on the stone tiles as he focused his attention elsewhere.

"Where to jump in?" Griever muttered to himself as he turned his head to another fight unfold.

Sardin steeled himself against the soming impact as his body was violently slammed into a tree, sending splinters flying in all directions. He ignored the pain of the impact and of Nightshade's nails tearing at the flesh of his stomach. Somehow, he managed to keep his grip on his daggers. He raised them up and with a scream of pain and rage, he brought them down on Nightshade's shoulders.

She had not expected him to take that move so damn well...her gaze shifted for but a moment and then she felt a shooting pain through her body as the blade ripped through her flesh she let out a banshee like scream in utter rage that she let him do that her hand raised the claws gleaming in the moon light before it fell back down swiping him as hard as she could across his chest aimed to maim his body

As the battle rages on below the cloud cover, a soul spectator watches with increasing intrest. Sitting gently upon a soft pillow of a wandering cloud, AngelXIIX waits for the right moment to make his entrance, to try and defeat all that stand in his way. As winds slowly shifts, causing the strands of hair on this new soul, to cross his gentle face. AngelXIIX watches as the clouds part, signaling to him that it was his time to stand up and fight. Standing up upon the last remaining cloud, and letting his wings stretch, causing feathers fall like a blanket of snow, AngelXIIX summons his staff @~Fiore~@ to his side. Made of the finest Redwood, topped with an emerald in a perfect form of a hexagon with feathers of a pheonix dangling by the finest dwarven leather, AngelXIIX, jumps into the air, letting his body free-fall towards the earth. Falling for what must have been just a few seconds, the fighting crowd realizing this new oppenant as they are covered in feathers, and they hear AngelXIIX coming. As they all watch in awe as he freely spins and falls to the gorund, to just at the last moment, Open his wings wide, allowing him to land solidly on the ground, with-out a sound. After a few stares and moments of Silence, this graceful soul stretches his wings once again. After a few moments AngelXIIX starts to float about 2 inches off the ground.. Grabbing @~Fiore~@ from his side. He spins it 3 times over his head before slamming the butt end into the ground.. Slowly, but surely, the feathers, stop mid-air and turn into free-floating ice-cicles, 2 seconds before they all burst into flames causing all but AngelXIIX, himself to turn divert their eyes. As the light dims away, AngelXIIX formally introduces himself.

I am AngelXIIX, guardian of the Realm of Light. Protector of all things good, pure and even Kenders.

*Whap!* a stray tentacle caught the second angel as he basked in the moment of stunned silence after introducing himself leaving a streak of mud on his immaculate clothing.

Waterlily, however, did not notice the new contestant, having it's hands full with Stick, who had reached 'two' on his last pin. The giant plant, however, was not helpless, and cheated outragously at every turn by using it's many tentacles to toss his opponent into the air and throttle him before Wyvren could yell at it.

The tentacle that struck the Archangel streaked forward on it's own mission, and groped into the mud for a moment before emerging with a very soiled metal chair. This time, however, AngelXIIX was prepared and managed to leap backwards with some sembelance of grace-until the chair flew by where his head was a moment ago and clipped his wings.

The Archangel fell into the mud with a sodden splat.

The chair, meanwhile, soared back towards the waterlily with unnatural speed, to impact Dopey on the back while he was trying to choke the plant in turn.

With a roar of triumph, the Waterlily 'stood' (I use the word looseley here) and struk at it's opponent's stomach. Grabbing one of the etheral ropes, the plant pulled itself towards one side, then propelled itself towards the other side of the imagindary arena, where it used it's momentum to perform another pass, before seeming to slip halfway, and giving Stick*The Elbow* with a thick stump of tentacles.

Edit-Sorry, Stick, accidentally got you mixed up with someone posting on a totally different thread :P

Edited by Valdar and Astralis

Unfortunately for him, that's exactly where Sti- err, the masked mysterious wrestler was waiting with a tin garbage can. ~SMACK!~ in the back of the head, and the sword-wielding warrior falls. The masked wrestler grins beneath his mask and winks at Waterlily. He discards the now dented garbage can and elbow drops the temorarily dazed Dark Azunost. Waterlily runs as best it can then launches itself into the air and the masked wrestler rolls out of the way quickly to avoid being squahsed by the flying flower splash. To cheers from a suddenly appearing crowd, the masked wrestler climbs onto a small railing separating combatants from audience and waits for an opening to execute another of his high-flying maneuvers...

Quickly recovering from the unexpected attack of Waterlily, and realizes he must help Falcon, AngelXIIX, slams his staff into the back of masked mysterious wrestler's knees as he climbs up the Outer ring to do an aerial attack. After watching the wrestler fall AngelXIIX turns his attention to Waterlily.. Slowly raising his staff above his head Angel chants an un-reconizable sentance : Takea Thisa Youa Bastarda {=P} which cause the giant plant to float off of Falcon to only raise 20 feet in the air before plummeting onto the fallen wrestler..

*SMASH*

Dark Azunost begins to grow ever-increasingly annoyed as his body is pummelled by the gigantic hentai-spawned plant. Momentarily extremely thankful for being a guy, he shoved upwards with a mighty heave, throwing the plant off of him and then picking up the Sword of Roses again, this time searching out the strange masked wrestling figure.

Spotting him on a railing, he swept the sword downwards then spun and slashed sideways, splitting the railing in half and then in half again - lengthwise.

Sardin's arms were both far out of position to block Nightshade's swipe, which tore through his previous chest wound, opening and widening it. Blood flowed down Sardin's front, mixing with the rain that still poured down. Leaving his knives buried in Nightshade's flesh, Sardin turned and fled, attempting to gain a little time or at the least, to get out of this rain.

"Ah it's raining again" Griever mumbled to himself as he rose up from his seat on a tier overlooking the arena and shucked his heavy robes to the side.

"Is that a plant?" The mage's voice was grim as his mood and he began to walk down to the crenellated side of the arena. Stopping near the railing he looked down, a violent flower thrashed in the mud.

The mage held out his pale hand, grasping onto the staff with his other.

A small globe of fire the size of a grapefruit began to form in his palm as he chanted. Then in one fluid motion he flung the ball down bellow. In mid flight the ball of flame exploded into five lesser disks whistling as they headed in Waterlily's direction.

A Ancient from a dimension that had collapsed in on it’s self Whynasin had escaped the end of his universe. Whynasin's energy landed on a plan of mud and grass. He could feel battle in the Air and in the ground. The Rain would be no good he decided and with a thought he ended the rain and dried the ground. With the rain gone he could clearly see the players in this battle an arrangement of souls from a dying world. Whynasin approached the fray. As He got closer to the battle he spotted a warrior with an open wound in his chest wearing goggles and a mask. He had no weapons and Whynasin could feel his life escaping. Whynasin a being of pure light with no form restored the fallen warrior to full health and produced for him a mighty sword forged by his dead race The Sword of Time. The warrior looked around in confusion, as he could not see what had given him these gifts. Whynasin could see a winged demon approaching fast her wings spread out talons out ready to administer a final deathblow to the newly healed warrior. Bringing himself into a physical form Whynasin blocked her attack with a burst of his energy sending her flying out of control towards a giant plant.

occ: och such a rush to feel the pain

Ic:

Seconds after healing Sardin Whynasin felt two fists slam into his back sending him into the ground with a powerful thud. As he fell to the ground he rolled up again facing Vincent. Whynasin chuckled inside of his mind. He was from the dead race of Seraph spawned by the ancients in their weaker physical forms. Whynasin fazed out of dimension and out of the ether brought with him a dead Seraph one that could battle this one and keep him entertained for a while. Whynasin fazed back to Reality with a 10ft s Seraph in front of him wielding a sword equally as powerful. I believe this is your father Vincent see if you can battle his soulless body. In a cold voice Whynasin simply said “Attack”. And the Mighty wings opened up launching the soulless Seraph into the air. In seconds Vincent and his father where in combat. The angry clashes of swords drowned out the other battles on the field and drew the attention of those around. In between the clashes of the swords you could hear the angry shouts of Vincent and see the small tears forming in his eyes. His Green eyes watered seeing his father. Whynasin pulled out of the air a lay-z-boy and sat down observing the battle with glee. After eons of wandering the cosmos he needed the break. In an abrupt effort to gain an upper hand both warriors charged each other. Their wings entangled and they fell to Tera like two stones. The soulless Seraph screamed as he hit the ground creating a small crater. Vincent stood up from the entangled mess of wing and body looking down. His father’s sword had run through his shoulder and out of the back. He looked down and saw that his blade had run through his fathers heart even though he knew this was just a soulless version of his father Vincent knelt beside his fallen father and held him close. The life force faded from his father once again . Vincent let go of his father and laid him down gently on the moist ground. Holding onto his limp arm Vincent glared at Whynasin from his lungs erupted a loud “ You bastard!” Whynasin just blinked, “I thought You were having fun, look I even brought back your dad. Would you rather I bring your mother? I can do that for you.”. Inside Whynasin longed to be with his own kind not these half-breeds that they had spawned, but that was a power out of his hands, for now. Standing up his lay-z-boy vanishing from beneath him he coolly walked over to Vincent. Vincent’s eyes flashed hotter then the fires of a thousand hells and despite his immense pain brought his blade to the ready. For a moment the two combatants stood looking at each other. A cool breeze blew between them rustling their hair. The Small elfchild-ish looking Whynasin and the tall and powerful Vincent with his sword still fresh with the blood of his fallen father oozing on the blade. In the back of Whynasin’s mind he thought of the massive amounts of what these beings called “magic” that would be exerted before the end of this day.

Whynasin produced from the air a simple slightly curving blade. Those who saw the blade could see nothing great about it in fact it appeared it would just break with the smallest tap, but there in laid its beauty. “Tell me Seraph warrior what would you die for?” Vincent responded in disgruntled tone “ Enough words Elf-boy” With that He brought his sword down onto Whynasin. Whynasin ducked between his legs and slashed at his right leg. Vincent swirled around and struck at Whynasin with all his speed, Whynasin didn’t duck out in time or rather choose not to and was hit in the chest. No blood came out but from the cut a faint glow appeared.” I am not what you think I am Seraph warrior. The battle had begun the challenge set.

Edited by whynotsin

"I'm not ready to lose to you,you argoant little elf!" Vincent began to slash at Whynasin repeatly in a rage. The whole time images of rage filled his head. The memorys of his village burning to the ground,finding his mother dead in there burnign home,and facing his newly risen father,made each attack stronger and faster. But even with this speed and power the elf doged each attack like it was nothing. Vincent droped his sowrd to his side out of breath from the constant attack. Whynasin let out a luagh,maybe the serpah wasn't much of a challege afterall. Vincents eyes filled with tears from the pain and the memorys he was expericing. He grited his teeth and began the assult of constant attack onece more.

"You will feel the wrath of the last of the great Seraphs!!"Vincent lunged forth with one final attack,the sword implaed Whynasin stright through the heart. Vincent let the sword go,leaving it still stuck in Whynasin's body. He feel to one knee and breath heavily...

Whynasin fell back Light spilling out from his many wounds, Vincent’s blade ran through his heart. He stumbled back. The “elfchild” feel down gasping for air. The violent attack that Vincent had laid upon him left his physical body tatted and broken. Images from Vincent’s mind where flashing across his. What had wounded Whynasin was not the blade but the emotions spewing from Vincent. Whynasin gripped the blade and slide it out of his body letting it fall to the side. He looked at the majestic Vincent in front of him feeling the loss and wait that the years had on him. Whynasin stood up holding onto his chest. The hulking figure of Vincent was on one knee breathing heavily tears streaming down his face. Whynasin flashed for a moment and his wounds where gone. Vincent looked up and saw the elfchild standing before him. Whynasin let his sword dissipate back into the ether from which he had pulled it “ Stand warrior and take up your blade” Whynasin called up Vincent’s sword and he handed it to him. “ I am not so easily defeated many a fry I have been in. Don’t let my current form fool you. With a sudden burst of his energy Whynasin went into the air. From with in he threw out a beam Composed of the essence of the Gods. Vincent Drew his blade to block in a futile effort to block the attack. He was consumed in the pure radiance of the beam, his flesh was separated from his body his wings where charred and his sprit was separated from his body. Whynasin descended from above and stood next to Vincent. “ How sad how sad, I would think that the last of his kind would fight a little more aggressively more valiantly.” The charred pile that was Vincent still held onto life. “O I can’t leave you like this, that would be no fun. Well Yes I could bring you back” Whynasin raised his hand and passed it over the fading Vincent pulling together the fallen angel. Whynasin lay back down on the grass while Vincent organized his thoughts.” Nice weather don’t you think. Your free to kill me when ever I wont mind. I can get a mew body when ever.”

Vincent summoned all the strengh in his body and stood up. He droped his sword to the ground and looked Whynasin dead square in the eyes.

"I will fight you like a true Seraph" Vincents eyes burned with hate and pain,a stray tear ran down his face. He extended his arms out in both directions and spread his wings which were now stained brown and red from the mud and blood. He began to chant in the acient language of the Seraph,the tinge of hate still in his voice. Two silver orbs formed at both of his hands and began to swell in power.

"Now you will see whay my kind called me Doku-Shii,The Wrath of God!" He claped his hands together and the two orbs collided,filling the battle area with a silver light. When the light faded Vincent stood facing Whynasin. His body now surround by a silver auror with burned and destroyed everthing that came in contact with it. His wings were now clad in metal and each feather was like a small dagger. His eyes glowed gold and stared directly into Whynasin's.

"I will use every once of pain and soworow in my soul to defeat you! In the name of my mother,my father and everyone I have loved I will defeat you!! Fell the wrath and pain of all the Seraph through me! LIVE FOR HONOR,DIE FOR HONOR!" Vincent lunged forth and tackled Whynasin and began to pummle him,his auror buring and searing his felsh. Vincent no longer cared,he would kill him,no matter what.

EDITS:Bloody Typos

Edited by Vincent Silver

The Elf-child thrashed about violently on the ground. All battle had stopped now. No mage threw a spell no blade came down. The only sound that could be heard where the bone chilling screams of pain issuing from Whynasin. Vincent’s Light was, more pure then any of the other half-lights he had ever meet. It burned into his being. The other combatants in the arena stepped back Sardin jumped out of the brilliant light in just in time. The grass was peeling away, none of these other combatants could have endured these long while being pummeled by Vincent. Whynasin’s screams turned into crazed laugher as first his ribs where broken by the attack and then his legs. Where once there was skin and muscle now was exposed the pure light of the Gods. Vincent’s and Whynasin’s passed over each other as Whynasin reverted back to his true form Vincent’s attack now fell through Whynasin and hit the ground leaving small craters the size of basketballs showing just how hard he had been hitting Whynasin. The grass around them vaporized and all that was left was hard rock. Whynasin fazed into the form of the First Seraph and pushed Vincent of himself. Both of their auras where now brighter then the brightest sun. he two angel like beings crashed against each other and gripped each other in different places. Bones could be heard snapping but neither one cared all that they now wanted was the defeat of the other. Vincent’s cloths was torn and ripped and burned of in places. Each one sent a more devastating blow then the one before, the tears that where going down Vincent’s face at first where now replaced with blood.

ooc:wow I think our big battle is now limited to two people 0,0

IC:

"YOU WILL FEEL MY PAIN!" With every word Vincents auror grew larger and brighter. His eyes burned with pain and hatered as he swung his fist at Whynasin. Each attack stronger than the next. Soon Whynasin's chect was full of small craters where Vincent's fist made contact. Vincent jumped into the air using his wings for liftoff. He kicked Whynasin dead square in the chest with both feet,sending Whynasin flying back many feet. Vincent wasted no time,he rushed and double axe hamered Whynasin into the ground before he could stop. A hugemous crater formed when Whynasin's body hit the ground.

"Kuna eldo shunu Masa Dunu!"(I summon you Great Earth!) Vincent spoke the Serpah words with great anger in his voice. The ground around Whynasin began to close up apon his body quickly,soon Whynasin was buried alive,but Vincent still didn't stop.

"Gado-ken!" (Light Engery!) A beam of silver light flew from Vincet's heat to the spot where Whynasin's body lay. The beam colided with the body causeing a huge explision which engulfed the entire battle area.

"Feel the pain of a fallen angel...." Vincent wiped the blood and tears mixture from his eyes...

EDIT:Typos...

Edited by Vincent Silver

In his stolen Seraph body Whynasin took the beating of Vincent. The sprit of Tera was in league with Vincent it knew Whynasin had strayed from the path of protector; Vincent chanted Sending more attacks toward him. The rock around him was tightening making it harder for him to breath. The bones in his wings snapped, pain shot through his body. Pain a strange sensation he never let him self-feel consumed him. Using his broken wings he launched himself from the ground. Blood was dripping everywhere. With every movement Whynasin was filled with more pain. Vincent looked at the broken and tattered body of his opponent and wondered how any being could go on like that, Godlike or not. Whynasin popped his dislocated shoulder back into place and stretched out his arm towards Vincent motioning for him to come and attack. Deep streams of blood where coming from his nose and mouth and his eyes began to bleed. He began to laugh as Vincent closed lined him sending them to the ground again. Vincent began to beat on him again and again. In between the loud thwacks of bony fist colliding with Whynasin’s face you could hear Him saying “Did you see your father eyes when He screamed out in pain? I think you remember see the charred bodies of your village don’t you. You where to busy somewhere else to save your own people” Maniacal laughter came out of the Whynasin’s Seraph body. Whynasin brought his sword from out of the ether and drove it into Vincent’s side. Whynasin looked into Vincent’s eyes and saw them widen in pain as the blade slide into his body. The Seraph spread his wings and lunched himself into the air chanting a healing spell to stop the bleeding. Whynasin tired of his Seraph body and choose to faze back to his elf-child body. From the within the Tera Whynasin forced to massive energy balls and sent them flying towards Vincent. Just as Vincent was finished healing he was faced with the Elf-Child Whynasin wielding his sword while being chased by two Energy balls..

Vincent turned around and tackled Whynasin, The energy balls came closer and just before they where about to crash into each other Vincent let go and flew back and out of the way. The two energy balls collided consuming Whynasin in a brilliant white explosion that turned the world brighter then the sun. The Elf-child was engulfed in the explosion that sent Vincent spiraling to Tera. When the light died down nothing was left of The Elf-child Whynasin Nothing but his blade that fell blade first next to Vincent. Had the God killed himself? Vincent Picked up Whynasin’s blade and put it in a belt loop. There was an echo in his mind of the words Whynasin had whispered to him just before he was engulfed. “What would you fall on your blade for? Would you fall on it for the knowledge of who was responsible for the destruction of your people? I can tell you.” Just then the Energy had engulfed him. As the energy dissipated Whynasin’s words echoed in his mind. The pain of being so close to the truth resonated in his mind. The other question that picked at him was if Whynasin had really died.

• 2 years later...

OOC:

Does anyone wish to resurrect this? I know I do! :) If you're new to this, you simply create a character anywhere (the Greenroom is NOT recommended, since it's a restricted area to guests) we can see it easily, and either challenge an existing character that isn't fighting, or wait for a challenge.

Remember, the 3 main guidelines are ...

1. Try to use more or less coherent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Please. This is for everyone's benefit. If you read some of this "Vincent" character's posts in here, that is exactly how you should *not* write. If not for the readers, then at least do it for me! *tears* And for *%#&'s sake, write in paragraphs. o_O

2. Let's not be ambiguous on character powers when they're first introduced. Some people are very ambiguous on purpose so that they can invent more powers later, which isn't very fair ... BUT WE'RE NOT LIKE THAT, ARE WE? HM? HM?!! *stern, furious look*

3. Do. Not. God. Mode. As simple as that. It rapidly spoils the fun, and is dishonorable and stupid.

That wraps it up. Everyone have fun with the 3rd AMRR! I hope more people come by the liven this up.

(Hm, it'd take a while to think up a character of my own ... )

Edited by Shathward

If you're going to start up something like this, it would probably be better to start it in a whole new thread just to avoid the previous page and a half, which would be extraneous. Also, the thread recently past the second anniversery of its death and would likely make a rather mouldy zombie. B)

Edited by Kasmandre