The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Third Annual Archmage Royal Rumble

Guest Kasmandre

Guest Kasmandre

ooc: It's actually been a year and a half since the beginning of the last AMRR, believe it or not (I actually looked it up!): July of 2001. Manthrane and a few of us at the AMBB tried to start this up, but the boards crapped out on us and its frozen about 4 posts in. The AMBB will be back up sometime around March.

I'm not a patient person. I'm starting it here. I'm starting it now...

ic:In a small town, far, far from urban Skid Row - um, sorry...

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far away - no, that's no good either...

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring - argh! This is harder than I thought...

A wind rose, this wind was not the beginning, there are no beginnings or endings to the Wheel of Time, but - crap! Aw, hell:

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!

And there was light, and the light revealed the world that had been set aside for the combatants from the many realms and worlds and universes to fight and strive in mighty combat. On this world, there were forests and mountains and lakes and oceans and even a small village of primative people. But most impressive of all was the being standing on a small hill overlooking an open plain. You could call this being a god, but it would be a misnomer. He was merely Roh'Tua.

Roh'Tua looked at all he had brought into being and declared it a decent effort, especially seeing as it had been a rush job. But, it really didn't have to be that good, seeing as it'd likely be demolished before too long...

"Well," Roh'Tua said, "I might as well start things off..." And he gathered a handful of dirt and thrust it into the air. And the dust settled and colased into the shape of a man. This man stood about six foot six, whispy thin and with sandy hair. He wore worn leather armor and his eyes were obscured by large goggles with several knobs set into the sides. Belted at his waist were two curved swords. Across his chest, a number of large knives were holstered. A hood lay back away from his head. The man looked around in confusion.

Roh'Tua shouted, "Behold Shamin Sardin, Master of the Shifting Sands!!" He then stepped through a conviently placed portal and left the battlefield.

Shamin Sardin, left alone, looked around at the battlefield. He found none of it to his liking, so he began to alter it: he took the dirt of the ground and began to dry it and swirled it around with shifting air currents as he awaited other entrants...

ooc again: In case anyone's wondering, the Archmage Royal Rumble is a giant frenzy of combat with little or no story. Anyone and everyone is allowed an entrant. Most battles wind up being one on one, and there tend to be quite a few battles going on at any given time. And most importantly: All characters must have some kind of exploitable weakness!!!

The stage was set and the first combation was ready. He now stood waiting,changing the terrian to his own advantage. Shamin Sardin felt a wind disturbing the land he was creating,but it wasn't a natural wind it felt much like a pair of wings decending apon the area. He looked up and saw a inged man in a bright mythrial armor elsipe the sun from his point of view. The red mythrill armor glowed and shined giving the man a red auroa. He decend slowly his platium sliver hair dangled and flowed. His face was fair like hat of an elf,but he was far from of it. A member of the lost race of the Seraph. The last surviour,the only one left. The loss was apperant in his looks because even with the fair elfen like looks he seemed to be eternally depressed. He landed in front of Shamin Sardin he dusted some sand off the baggy leather pants and leather boots he wore before looking in the man's eyes. The dark green eyes pierced deeply into his almost peering into his soul. Without a word the man drew his long sword in one quick motion...

(Been RPing n chat rooms lately so I getting better at writing! ^_^)

Sardin stood still for a moment, staring back at the Seraph. Neither spoke, they simply watched one another. From behind his goggles, Sardin took note of the Seraph's armor, his wings, his blade, the way he stood. Then he removed two thick, curved blades from his belt and took a ready position, his left side foreward. He stood still another moment, then sprung into action, feinting a blow with his right sword, then spinning to Vincent's side. Fluidly continuing the motion, Sardin directed both blades toward Vincent's chest and stomach.

Vincent moved his sword to block the lower attack,but the second attack hit his mythrill brest plate. Red sparks flew from the armor as Vincent sumbled back. Vincent quickly regained his posture,he glared at Sardin his eyes fixed on him unwaving,as if he only reason to live was to fight this man. Vicnet slamed his sword into the ground and began to move his arms gracfully. The formed into a X shape and black ball appered in front of Vincent. "Sha..." The ball grew larger. "do..." Black lighting evloped the ball. "KEN!" (ok dbz/street fighter rip off) The black ball shurnk back to it's ornigal size,about as large as a marble. The beam flew quickly at Sardin and exploded on contact. The small ball of antimater spreading and destoying chunks of his clothing....

Sardin notes the complete lack of impact on the Mythril armour as Vincent begins his spell. Although intrigued by the strange ball of energy, he has the presence of mind to back away. Just as the ball shoots forward in a beam of anti-matter, Sardin dives backward. The beam skims him, eating entirely through the leather armour on his chest and carving a shallow divot up his chest. As Sardin hits the sand, he thrusts both his arms out at Vincent. From both sides of Sardin, sand flares up toward Vincent. Sardin scrambles to his feet and takes up his swords again to prepare for Vincent's counter-strike.

Vincent sheilded his eyes from the attack. The sand filling the cracks between his wings. Vincent goes to jump to fly but the sand in his wings cause him to fall back to the ground. He cursed under his breath and decided to go for a ground attack. It was apperat that the sand pervented him from flying but it also threw him off blance and slowed him down. He took a wide swing at Sardin but he used his now supierior speed to doge the attack. "Fine,I got a trick of my own..."Vincent threw his sword into the air it float there for a moment. Vincent stared up at it "Quick-Silver Change" He mumbled the sword flashed a few times and returned to Vincents hand as a spear.

Noting Vincent's reach advantage with the spear, Sardin sheathed his left sword and took a stace with his remaining sword parallel to the ground and his left hand in the small of his back. He then brought his sword up and down, sending it toward Vincent's head, hoping to draw his attention upward, while he unsheathed a heavy dagger and threw it at Vincent's right leg.

William Azunost stumbled onto the field, his veins awash with acid and his head filled with colored lights. He was losing control. Cioden cackled inside his head, and he screamed aloud as he felt his will shatter and tumble down. His eyes flashed silver, then back to blue, then silver again.

The Imperfect Angel let out a shriek and flung back his head, arcing his back the wrong way as the Sword of Roses started shining with an eerie light. A violet light enveloped him and the sword, and a blue light flickered up to fight it.

You're mine, Azunost. Everyone falls eventually, and it's time for you to have the taste of hell in your mouth...

The violet light started overpowering the bright blue light.

You'll die by the time I'm through with you, Azunost, but before that, you'll fight, and dance to MY strings.

The blue light started to flicker and die out, and the dark purplish aura took the advantage.

Die, Azunost - know that the darkness always wins.

William Azunost gave a final screech, and the purple aura suffused him, changing him...

Vincent moved his eyes with the blade,not noticing Sardin reaching for his dagger. Vincent heaerd the blade fly through the air and he tryed to doge it,but it was to late. The blade sunk deep in his flesh luckly Vincent moved slightly so it hit flesh instead of bone. He screamed in pain as blood washed down his loose lether pants,Vincent grabed the blade and pulled it out griting his teeth in pain the whole time. Vincent glred at Sardin his eyes seeming to have a slight red glow to them. His wings began to turn black as his mussels blunged. No longer was he Vincent,he was now bersker,the spirts of his dead brothers filling his body with hate and power. He droped the spear to his side and chareged at Sardin kicking up dust. He no longer care about pain,just causing it...

ooc:Short post my amazing battle plan confusing ya Kasmandre? :P

Ic: Vincent turned quicklt and turned to block the blade with his hand. The blade lodges itself deep into Vincent's hand but it dosen't seem to phase him. He lets out a roar and grabs hold of Sardin the blade still lodged in his hand. He begens to curch Sardin between his massive hands

The figure on the floor convulsed as the darkness suffused itself into his being, until he was darker than pitch, a mere outline. Through him one could see the emptiness of the void...then it flashed again and he was jerked upright.

He still wore William Azunost's raiments...but he was definately not the holy warrior. His hair was tangled and coal-black. His face had taken on the lean grin of a wolf, but the scariest part lied in his eyes.

They appeared to be mere black eyes, but if you looked at them you realized they were pits of darkness, a hole into the void itself. Constellations spun out their lives, exploded soundlessly as the universe slowly spun itself out towards entropy and the void laughed chillingly. The void stared out of William Azunost's eyes, chill and filled with despair.

The muscles on his arms and hands were pulled taut like whipcord, and the skin seemed to shrink against them, giving him a strangely starving look. The Sword of Roses was gripped in one hand, but it too had changed. Where once there were roses, now black lillies clung to the blade, which was a deep mottled purple. A strange glow emanated from the sword, but somehow it still exuded holy power along with the evil power.

Dark Azunost's grin was purely insane as he looked around for an opponent to play with.

His breath being squeezed out of his body by Vincent's massive hands, Sardin does the only thing he can:

He kicks Vincent in the balls.

Over and over and over again.

ooc: Normally, my posts would be longer because I'd be including the thoughts of the character and some dialogue, but Sardin really doesn't talk much and he acts more on instinct than actual thought.

No matter what you think,no man can stand being kicked in the balls. Not even a bersker,I mean...it's getting kicked in the balls! Come on how can you ingore that? :blink:

Vincent threw Sardn to the side and began to tend to his...injury. As he did he began to regain his sences from his bersker stae. He returned to his normal size,his mucels no longer bluging. He knelled on the ground couching and trying to regain his sences.

Edited by Vincent Silver

While Vincent was recovering from his *injuries*, Sardin was trying to catch his breath after almost being crushed. Forcing air into his body, Sardin slowly stood. He unsheathed his remaining sword (the other having been lost to Vincent's hand), and took a wavering defensive stace. The cut down the center of his chest had almost completely stopped bleeding, simply oozing a little around the wound. Smiling grimly, Sardin called some of the sand up to his chest and used it to form a kind of paste with his blood, creating a rather long scab. It stopped the bleeding, but it did little for the shock of pain that came each time Sardin forced air into his lungs. Fortunately, the pain was of a low enough level that Sardin could ignore it almost entirely.

ooc: looks like we both took a turn to recover, although, I wonder who's injury was the worse of the pair... :P

ooc: That wasn't right...I mean....It was his balls man!! :P

Ic: Vincent staggered to his feet slowly,he spoted his spear laying in the sand and grabed it in one swift motion. He spined in with both his hands causing sand to fly in all directions. He spread his wings quickly sending the sand in his feathers flying out. Without a word he took off runing at Sardin coming in for a attack.

• 2 weeks later...

ooc: jeez, I really let this fall off. Vincent, I hope you're still willing to play :)

ic: Sardin was weakened enough that he didn't have much of a chance to react to Vincent's headlong charge. So, he did the simplest thing he could think of, he held his sword striaght out, hoping for Vincent to impale himself on it. For the first time in the battle, a small smile emerged on Sardin's face.

Backwards and forwards, the threesome battle raged on endlessly. The grassy field they stood on churned into a dusty battleground, a no-man's land where visibility was a bare ten feet, so shifted the sands.

And yet the three warriors battled on. A downpour, an unintended inconvinence from the world's creation, changed the once-green meadow into a brown, murky mudfield offering little traction. The warriors slipped and fell, their every stroke and counterstroke never ceacing as they pushed each other to the limit. . .and beyond.

In the dim, Azunost slid smoothly between the blow, cloak catching at the sword that gave it. In turn, he struck out. Once, twice, and again, his reward being a grunt of suprise from the attacker. His moment of triumph, however, was marred as a counterblow nearly took off his head, bareley stopped in time by The Sword of Roses.

Time stopped, as the imperfect angel stared down with void cold eyes at the Master of the Shifting Sands, their blades frozen in contact.

Un-noticed, a single lily parted from the fallen Angel's blade, floating into the storm and spiralling to the ground under the stiff drizzle.

At the moment of contact between flower and ground, two tremendous pillars of flame errupted, a dozen spans apart, the fallen Lily marking the centre. A dozen more bursts of fire sprung up in short order, and a clap of thunder shook the ground even before the lightning came. Even louder, however was a booming voice that resounded from the heavens.

CAN YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL WHAT THE WATERLILY IS COOKING?!?!?!

Click Here <--hope this works, Wyvren supplied it.

Another flash of lightning illuminates the two stunned warriors, blades still crossed, and blinking like deer in the headlights.

Another roar joined in the cacophony. Ancient. Feral. . .Plantlike? The air between the two pillars shimmered, and a rip in reality developed, announcing a new contender.

From behind the rift, a dozen tentacles shot out to grasp the edge of the portal followed by two dozen more. A Massive bulk dragged itself ponderously forward out of the portal. It was. . .

A giant flower.

No ordinary flower, however, could duplicate it's speed. One tentacle snapped out, catching the startled Sardin in the chest. Another brought a chair down on his head. Yes, a chair. The chair did not connect, however, as the warrior rolled out of the way with the grace of a tavern brawler. The chair contacted three more times with the ground, and finnaly with Azunost's chin once.

The angel flew backwards gracelessly, falling on it's back.

With a roar of triumph, the giant plant surged forward at terrifying speed. Azunost's eyes widened in suprise, and got a strangled '-no!' out before the giant plant landed on his chest, knocking the wind out of the contender.

Wyvren, largeley unnoticed and dressed in vertical white and black, ran up next to the fallen Angel, who was now being held in a vise-like (literally) grip by the plant.

The lizard dropped to his knees, and instead of giving aid to the fallen contestant, struck a scaled claw on the ground.

One!. . .Two!. . .

Edited by Valdar and Astralis

~I hope you do not mind my coming~

Ridding the wind currents the demon flew...blood thirsty and ready to kill at any given moment the sounds of battle touched her pointed ears long silver hair flowing like a stream licking black lips gray eyes rested upon those that fought her nails become much more then nails in fact ivory claws...but she soon retracted them moving down with a mighty flap of her wings she perched upon a tree running a her tongue along those Ivory fangs...Sardin ... was on her mind for a snack pushing herself from the dark branch she moved with grace and speed her now clawed hands digging into his shoulders from behind to tackled him to the mud drawing blood with her talons

OOC ~ She is the demon on my sig...~

Just as Waterlily was about to make a pin, the lights went dark and a single spotlight shone a rafter not previously seen before. What it was supported on, no one really knew, it was just... there. A mysterious figure wearing nothing but green underpants and some sort of mask waved, as if there was an audience. He then pointed straight at Waterlily, then jumped a good thirty feet, elbow first. Waterlily deftly slid out of the way, and the masked warrior stood up. They stared each other down when William smacked Waterlily in the back with a chair. The masked man used this opportunity to clothesline the flower then run past it, bounce on nothing, as if there were ropes, then give it a big leg drop. He got up, and went for a pin of his own...

With a sudden thrust, Sardin arched his back and threw Nightshade off. With a little less than his usual grace, he got to his feet. Behind his mask and goggles, he snarled. As if it wasn't enough to be fighting an opponent that was practically his physical match, this had to happen. First, the downpour, which would not be working to his advantage as he was unused to any kind of rain. Then he gets attacked by that...plant...thing!! And now, he's been blindsided by a demon. And to top it all off, over the course of the battle, he'd lost both his swords and his armour had numerous breaks.

A voice dry as desert sand whispered, "Sh*t."

Then he drew one of his daggers and charged the demoness, intending to separate her from her wings.

*She laughed with pure excitement as he lunged forward with his dagger a childish look coming forth to her pale face a smirk upon her lips with a mighty swipe of her talons aimed carefully at the wrist that held the dagger speaking in that soothing yet dark voice of hers as if to charm him taking his wrist tightly in her hands her talons with drew pressing her body to his as she spoke making sure his daggers where of no use to him* My dear boy, have you no manners? going after a lady such as myself * she brought her chilled lips to his in a seemingly innocent kiss...but it was far from that sending weaves of magic into the mans body, shocks of pain filling his being*

Edited by Deadly Nightshade

Sardin flailed about, feeling waves of firey needles racing across his body as Nightshade kept him locked in a kiss as deadly as her namesake. His dagger fell from fingers that began to lose all feeling. If he was going to have a chance to attack, it would have to be now.

With the tattered remnants of his concentration, Sardin grasped the air between them and caused it to push outward, seperating the two for a second. Using that second to the best of his advantage, Sardin inhaled raggedly, attempting to feed good, clean air into his lungs. Also, he drove a fist into Nightshade's chin and squirmed out of her grip. Quickly, he stumbled backward, spitting violently, trying to get that taste out of his mouth. He then drew another two of his daggers - leaving only one still sheathed - and stayed back, readied for a counter-strike.

*She stumbled back, licking the black blood from her lips she took to the air bit a few feet her mighty wings flapping effortlessly a wicked smile came to her lips speaking once more* Poor poor boy, you should have let yourself die, any longer and you would have now thine death shall be slow *With she flew out of sight into the air only to be heard cutting through the chilled night as she was about to crash into the ground she turned with grace quickly gliding toward him slightly to the side her talons drawn as she brought them to his gut digging her nails into his flesh dragging him into a tree with a malicious laugh*