The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

so sorry

Guest Blondemoon

Guest Blondemoon

any criticism is welcome, since I just finished writing it out 5 minutes ago on paper

tease me

go ahead, do it

it's what you always do

even when you don't mean it

go on

dangle that slice of hope

before my eyes

you've become good at that too

I sit

alone, wishing your words

were true, wishing they

meant what I want them to

so sorry

you say, that I couldn't

give you what you want,

that it's not enough

I say

sorry if I'm needy,

if I've been deprived

of the one thing I need

have needed

for so long, that always

cuts me so deep

when I do find it.

tired of

excuses made

tired of feeling pain

tired of

being cast aside

tired of

all the lies

but

it comes

with the territory

called Love.

This post has been edited by Hanna on Jan 27 2003, 8:00 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.... very nice... it's got a lot of strength to it - in the reading I mean. Criticism? Never liked the word. :P But I've got a few thoughts:

I love the spacing. I'm not sure whether you intended it or not, but by double spacing every line, I have a tendancy to put a pause there in my reading, (even though my English Prof says I shouldn't). It adds to the feel of.... helplessness (that's not the right word, but I hope you know what I mean).

Also, the lack of capitals at the beggining of each sentence adds a submissive gesture to the "comes with the territory called Love" idea. Subtly powerful.

One minor thing I would change (and it is only minor), you've expressed that you will use punctuation (sp?), and so I would add a period at the end of each verse (each double spaced phrase).

Also - just one thing on this phrase:

"tired of

excuses made

tired of feeling pain"

I'd change that last line to two:

"tired of

feeling pain."

So there you are - I know it's not exactly proffesional editing, but just some thoughts for you to consider, since you asked. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it.

- Justin

The spacing was actually the fault of the parser (since it striped HTML..it added spacing). Sorry about that Blondemoon.. and sorry bout that Justin. I went ahead and removed the spacing to restore the poem to it's original state.

Thanks guys. I'd go see how I wrote it out, if it was double spaced or not, but that notebook is across the room, and ugh, I just have no energy this early in the morning. I'm currently trying to work on something that has to do with work....being stuck in a car that has no heat, when it's 0 degrees out, and you're stuck at a traffic light. Had all sorts of cute little stanzas and stuff parading through my brain yesterday, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to writing them down yet. :rolleyes: *eyes the mini tape recorder on her desk* Nah...I already sound like a buffalo with a cold, don't need that on tape. ;):P

Blondemoon, I've enjoyed what I've read of your work on the boards here these last few weeks. There is an intriguing structure running through this piece that lends a certain ease of movement to your words and ideas. Nicely done.

I'll try and post some more detailed feedback to your stuff in the Critics' Corner some time in the next few days.

This poem really got to me :( in that sad way. I could really relate to what was written. Whether the circumstance is the same or not the words match exactly sometimes.

Thought you would just like to know that it's a wonderful piece, the phrasing is excellent, and that it reaches out to at least me on more personal level :)