The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Degenero on sadness

I'm just flowing here.... right from my heart, so bear with me.

It seems like... whenever life just starts to even have a small point of life at the end, it takes it into it's brain that it has to get rid of... no matter how insignificant it may be. Is it really fate? Who are we to question what a god does? What is fate really, anyway? Is it just a weak person's excuse for when they fail to do what they want? It seems like that... seems like it whenever I use the word. I just don't see why it's so hard to tell someone you love them... even if they don't return...at least they deserve to know., Why does love end up in pain anyways? Why do people want to feel love? It's great... until it ends, but is it really worth the pain? And how do we even know what love is? Does anyone really know what true emotions are? True fear.... love... pain... or even sadness?If there is a heaven, if there is a utopia. Why are we punished on earth... why doesn't our 'just and loving' god send us to it....

good questions... life's just not easy ya know... i wish it was... but it's not... we sacrifice everyday to hold on to what little pebble of space we have... and sometimes you get tired...

revery

the dreamlost

"all is vanity"(ecc)

the dream continues...

Guest Rhapsody

First off, very nice stream of consciousness.

Quote:Originally posted by Degenero Angelus:

Why does love end up in pain anyways? Why do people want to feel love? It's great... until it ends, but is it really worth the pain? And how do we even know what love is? Does anyone really know what true emotions are? True fear.... love... pain... or even sadness?If there is a heaven, if there is a utopia. Why are we punished on earth... why doesn't our 'just and loving' god send us to it....

This reminds me of a book I'm in the middle of, "The Amber Spyglass", the last in Philip Pullman's His Dark materials trilogy. Has anyone read it?

Part of the story is about the death of God, or the "Authority" as they call him in the book, and how he is truly weak and welcomed death.

Another part focused on the "Dust", newly discovered "dark matter" that everyone had different conjectures about. Some guessed it to be the marks of sin...b/c adults were covered in it, but children had very little, until they fall in love, which was what happened between the two main characters.

Everyone from one world was born with a sort of seperate self, a "daemon", which was like a shard of your soul in animal form. It was always the opposite of your sex and during your childhood, could change into any animal form. But by the time you grew up, it would have settled into one animal form to maintain for the rest of its lifetime. Yet, when one dies, his or her daemon just vanishes, while one's ghost goes to the land of the dead, which is a wasteland...not a heaven or a hell, but just is....and is guarded by harpies.

Like you, Degenero, one the adults is an idealist, albeit a machievellian one. He strives to war against the Authority and establish a Republic of Heaven, overthrowing the reigning Kingdom of the Church. By a clever twist from the author, he fails....and I have yet to finish the last two chapters to know the significance.

Sorry to have rambled on...your flowing got me thinking as well.

Guest Rhapsody

Quote:Originally posted by Tralla: SWEET I just finished Amber Spyglass, Rhapsody. =D Isn't it great? I just love the series. I cried in that book, though... O.o *sniffle*

Me too! I finished a few hours ago...I was up late reading last night and cried at the "little red fruit" part. Malone's whole marzipan story had me daydreaming. Teared up at the end, esp. when Will broke the knife thinking of Lyra....so sad.

BTW, I heard they're planning to make a movie of the series...keep your fingers crossed!

*Rhaps*