The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Pen Promotions!

Wyvern

Wyvern scampers into the Cabaret Room and franticaly unravels a large parchment of some sort... Clearing his throat and stretching his scaly wings a bit, the overgrown lizard announces...

Promotion time! After a much delayed absence of ranking promotions, they've finally been finalized and decided. The Eldership sincerely apologizes for the lateness of these promotions, and promise that they'll take place on a more frequent basis from now on.

The newly promoted Pen members are *drumroll*:

Promoted to a ranking above Quill Bearer of their choice (with the exceptions of "Bard" and "Elder") :

Balladore

Falcon2001

Rezure

Promoted to Quill Bearer:

Bhurin

Justin Silverblade

Nyyark

Rahsash Geldrich

Tralla

Promoted to Page:

Annael

Big Pointy One

Brute

Canid

Foxglove4543

Jonathan Wolfe

Psimon

Revery

SaberCoEP

Seth Exodus

Xradion

Zephryin

While a few of the people mentioned above are no longer with the Pen or have been participating on a less frequent basis recently, all of them at one time between this vote and the last have shown a great amount of participation and devotion to the guild. We once again promise that the next promotions will not be so delayed...

If you weren't mentioned on the above list but feel you should have been promoted, there's no need to worry... just continue to participate and write on the guild boards and you'll be certain to be upgraded next promotion.

Titles will be changed immediatly... Note that Weenie Awardees will not receive their new status until they've rid themselves of their Weenie Awards. The Elder of Lists is currently out of town, so please excuse any slight delays there may be in the mailing of new passwords and editting of lists.

Thanks all!

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Ah, a step above, I can't express how glad I am to see I... wait, Page? Now, there's nothing wrong with being a Page, I *am* glad... but there's something I seem to be remembering about Pages...

Stick thinks for a moment...

Hmm... something about knights...

Stick's throat suddenly goes dry, and he gets a look of fear in his eyes...

Oh! OH! Isn't that the part, before you come a knight... where they smack you with a metal gauntlet? I don't want to be smacked with a metal gauntlet! Ah! Ahhh! (those being scared yelps) I mean, I like being conscious, and bruises...

Someone taps Stick on the shoulder, which causes him to jolt in surprise, ready to bolt out the room; but he finds the person who tapped his shoulder has a firm grip (and no metal gauntlets in view) on him. The person who tapped his shoulder makes a calming motion, then bends in to whisper in Stick's ear. After a few seconds Stick's scared look turns to a more relaxed one.

Oh right, that's squires that get knocked out. Suckers.

Stick shrugs and goes about his merry little way...

OOC: Seriously though, I'm rather proud to see my new title... I shall make sure I do everything to be worthy of it, and the ones above ;)

BigPointyStick

-----------------

Newly appointed Page, and proud of it!

The Trenchcoat Monk

Wielder of the BPS

Companion of Mr.Bunny

"Stand ho, varlet! Thou shalt not take mine bunny!"

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

The noble lord Seth Exodus enters the tavern, his eyes and feet weary from travel.

"Sorry all, I've been away a week or so; confounded life gets in the way of more important things, you know? So, what I have I miss...haloo, what's this?" His eyes fall on the parchment list that Wyvern had finished reading aloud. Lowering his spectacles, Seth quickly reads over the list and puts it down, a smile of contentment on his face.

"Well, that's a welcome thing, indeed." Being handed a small badge with the word "Page" on it, he stows it in his waist-coat pocket. "Right. Well, I had best be off to freshen-up and all. My thanks Wyvern. I shall try my best to maintain the dignity and reputation that this title holds."

With that the exits the tavern and rounds the corner. piercing the air the bellow of insane/hysterical laughter rings out from the general vacinity of the noble.

"AAAAAAAAHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!!!!" Singing is then heard as the voice fades down the hall. "No more intitae for me, ta ta! No more initiate for me, doo doo." And so and so forth until it was but a faint echoe in the air.

OOC: Oh, blessed Mike! I've been waiting for this for months. Fantastic! Congrats all.

Yours,

Lord Seth Exodus

Page of The Mighty Pen ----- that looks soo beautiful.

Guest Psimon2001

No, no, Annael... You've got it all wrong..

A Page is something that is sandwiched between two other Pages (usually... and usually in an entire book of pages)... Rarely will a Page be left adrift and seldom will a Page be required to fetch coffee...

The blank Pages just cry out for the writer's touch..

Wait a minute.... Oh, my goodness!

The implications are bewildering!!

I mean, I don't want to be sandwiched between just any old Pages. I must have the finest...

If others would like to take a leaf out of my book, just let me know, ok?

I humbly thank the Elders for this undeserved advancement.

BTW. That weenie award is really quite becoming on you, Annael. It matches your eyes beautifully IMHO

• 4 weeks later...

Therefore The Pen is a book in which a good deal of Pages reside, but mostly quills, poets, elders, ancients, and any guests who want to be part of the fun as well. In other words, a book that complains, exclaims, has to use the bathroom, is upset when you don't read it, and, left to it's own devices, births most excellent literature on it's own. Who needs an Xbox?

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean we're all bound as well?

Oh, sorry, I'm kinda late. Thank you and congrats to the others...

Impostor

[a guy's thoughts on being wrongfully held in jail for a day]

"it's like a get out of work free card"

P.S.: Who's PSimon2001???