The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Angry Horse

Preprise

Liked both (ya sing as well as sling a guitar pretty well), but A) yeah, voice gives it more nuance & B) It'svague enough to be engaging and frustrating at the same time as I wonder about its possible meaning.

Seriously, it sounds good read or sung, very pleasing- and I don't get it.

Thank you! I appreciate your listening and comments very much :) As to what it means, well, what's it mean to you? Or what do you think it might mean?

I love this - every time I read it, it seems to have a slightly different image associated to it, a different reason behind the words. There's a rhythm in it that's only enhanced by the song/music. It flows very well, and because of the title it's really easy for me to see and hear a horse seeking freedom; the pace you set specially in the song seems to echo its restlessness, maybe in the brink of breaking away from restraints.

Makes me also think of how many different horses people can harbor within themselves, actually. :P

Very well done!

Open-ended, eh? Okay...

I get a lot of frustration, and being alone (and lonely?) in one's thoughts.

The images don't set a clear metaphor for me though; on the contrary, they seem to flit from paralell to paralell, giving no unifying theme to the poem other than doubt and frustration and restlessness (at least, that I can see). That's what screws my head on backwards.

Then again, I know, that may be entirely what I put into the reading/listening.

Still an enjoyable read and better listen; it's just all too much like always hearing a riddle you can't solve, but never hearing the answer NOT to drive me a little nuts.

Keep it up!

You have a Placebo - like sound to you. I am likening you to the band, not the affect. But it's like placebo meets country. Almost. I like your guitar skills. I would love to get together with you with my cello. We could make some sweet music. You're very angsty. That song was like your musical punching bag. Did you feel good after singing it?

My favourite line was ~

"I can't lose

I can't win"

In regards to addiction I felt like I understood that thought. Like, you have nothing to lose and you feel like the situation was hopeless. Or even if you improve - what of it. None of it means anything anyway. Just reminds me of my constant battle with pointlessness... which in itself is a .... ~sigh~ huge waste of time.

Personally - I think you could serve to be a little more original - but at the same time you have this overall vibe/tone that is really unique and appealing and I liked it a lot. Look forward to seeing more from you :)

You have a Placebo - like sound to you. I am likening you to the band, not the affect. But it's like placebo meets country. Almost. I like your guitar skills. I would love to get together with you with my cello. We could make some sweet music. You're very angsty. That song was like your musical punching bag. Did you feel good after singing it?

My favourite line was ~

"I can't lose

I can't win"

In regards to addiction I felt like I understood that thought. Like, you have nothing to lose and you feel like the situation was hopeless. Or even if you improve - what of it. None of it means anything anyway. Just reminds me of my constant battle with pointlessness... which in itself is a .... ~sigh~ huge waste of time.

Personally - I think you could serve to be a little more original - but at the same time you have this overall vibe/tone that is really unique and appealing and I liked it a lot. Look forward to seeing more from you :)

Thank you! I'm glad the song means something to you. Perhaps we could collaborate on-line...

I am currently in the process of re-recording these songs with better sound quality.