The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Smiling Ego

Azuran

The world is mine!

Or at least this small corner,

From about this ear to the other

And carefully taped on every surface around.

Calm yet mysterious.

I needn’t say a word,

But I will anyway, to grand applause.

Such eloquence always amazes everyone!

I know all deceptions

But I secretly play along.

I enjoy always laughing last!

You can laugh with me, it’s fine.

My powers are breathtaking!

I toss pure energy like pebbles.

Atoms tremble in my gaze.

You tremble too, but in admiration, I know.

The world is mine,

Time can try to steal it from me,

But my tape sticks to time too.

And my ears never grow any closer together.

EDIT: apparently a friend of mine reading this didn't understand why you wouldn't expect a clam to be mysterious by default... :)

Edited by Azuran

Wyvern casually wanders past the yellow "Impdog Disaster Crime Scene" tape that surrounds a fair portion of the Banquet Hall, whistling innocently to himself until he catches wind of Azuran's poem. The overgrown lizard's eyes immediately narrow into mischievous little slits, and he carefully composes himself as he approaches Azuran with a spreading salesman grin.

"Money. Power. Fame. Looksss. All admirable traits, rest assured..." Wyvern speaks with an air of utter boredom, carefully timing a wide-mouthed yawn and raising a claw to cover it. "Of coursssse, if you really wanted to stand out, you'd have ears that grow closer together. Earsss and their appearance are a big deal these daysss - just ask Valdar or Rydia if you don't believe me."

Wyvern stretches his wings as he pulls out a set of earmuffs molded in the shape of extra long pointy ears, bearing adjustable ear angles and more than a bit of poor sewing.

"Coincidentally, thessse Almost Dragonic Brand Pointy Elf Muffs™ are currently 20% off to calm, mysteriousss, eloquent people..."

;-)

• 3 weeks later...