The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Cooking contest OOC and signup

Racouol

Racouol walked down the hall, hands buried in his pocket rummaging around for the sandwich he just put in it. Every time he pulled his hand out he tossed the item over his shoulder. Finally, after pulling a lit stick of dynamite out of his pocket, he realized that the sandwich was yet another lost item in his deep pockets. "oh well, I am sure I will find it in 30 or more years...it should still be good," he muttered still unaware of the stick of dynamite that he still held. "What is that annoying hissing sound?" Racouol looked around finding no source of the noise.....until he looked in his hand.

KABOOOOOOMMMMM

Racouol breathed a sigh of relief having thrown the dynamite just before it exploded. He noticed what looked like a piece of the wall peeling not far from where the dynamite just went off. He walked up to it and notice that it was not part of the wall but a poster

Attention

a cooking contest is being held in the kitchen of this fine keep in a month

Prizes will be given to the cooks who can make the best tasting meals, the most filling meals, the best looking meals, and the best cooking style.

Racouol read the poster several times then put his name down. He then looked around then ran off before someone came by to see the mess he just made.

OOC: Feel free to sign up here if you want to enter the contest. Also if 4 people are willing to be judges please sign up here as well. The actual story will take place about 2 weeks before the contest so that each character can attempt to perfect his cooking style and the recipe he is using. Also, because this is a contest, spying on and sabotaging other characters as well as attempting to bribe the judges are also allowed. Most importently, have fun

Edited by Racouol

Tanny stopped by the Conservatory on her way home, tilting head curiously at the newest poster. The cooking part appealed to her, and she pondered for a while before shrugging and signing her name. Why not? Can't be any worse than trying one of Stephen's concoctions anyway...

OOC: I'd be volunteering for judge, unless you need more contestants. I understand the judges will ... well, judge, but are also RPing and interacting at will? Would it be possible also to enter a secondary character for the contest part as a kind of 'hour-concours' character?

This looks like fun :)

Reads poster and begins to ruffle through a large stack of recipes that materializes in front of him, muttering "No. No. Not that one. Mayyybee. . .no. Aha! No. No." Continues muttering as he searches through stack as he, and it, slowly drift down the hall.

OOC: Interseting, will see if I can come up with something before commiting though.

Tanny didn't read this yet (I wanted to post before anyone else signed up), but I'm sure ankle-biting will ensue if she doesn't agree with anything I've written here.

~

"And what, exactly, am I going to write my name on a piece of paper on the wall for?"

Tanny grinned and tried to hold back a chuckle with moderate success.

"It's for a contest, and I'm sure you'll do just great. Come on, it'll be fun!"

"What kind of contest?"

"The kind where you try to do better than everyone else?"

If he could have seen the much-too-innocent expression on Tanny's face, Stephen would have turned and ran right at that moment. He didn't see it, however, so he stayed right where he was, still holding the quill.

"Do what better than everyone else?"

"The tests, of course. Look, even I signed up for it."

Stephen nodded and just barely heard her mutter, "in a way."

"In a way?. Wolf-Lady, that's hardly reassuring."

"Come on, Stephen ... how bad could it really be? After all, it's not as if you're the only one who's signing up."

"Oh? Who else signed up?"

"Weeelll ... Racouol."

"And?"

"Me. Sort of."

"There you go again with the not-at-all reassuring comments. Who else signed up?"

"You, in a moment."

For a moment, Stephen didn't know what to say.

"So you expect me to sign-up for what looks like it's going to be a two-and-a-half person contest?"

"Exactly!"

Suddenly he shrugged.

"Oh well, why not. Like you said, how bad could it be?"

With that, Stephen put his name on the paper.

"Great! Do make sure that your cooking tastes better than your brews, though."

Stephen nodded solemnly, then grinned.

"Of course. And with your half-signup I cannot help but wonder ... how about some roast wolf?"

Wyvern slithers his way into the Conservatory dressed in a securely padded cooking apron, complete with flame repellent copper chest-shield and sacks of Almost Dragonic Brand Sneeze-Fried Second-Hand Rice™ for shoulder pads. A steel chef hat helmet crowns the overgrown lizard’s head with a horn tilt, shaking left and right as the lizard wanders up to the cooking competition sign-up sheet and plants a flag in the ground next to it. The reptilian Elder crosses his arms over his chest and stares off into the distance as the flag rustles in the air, displaying a picture of a burning cabbage with a wyvern looming over it… the herald of the dreaded Almost Dragonic Insatiable Instabaker Gang.

“Attention all! I, Wyvern Q. Almostdragon, leader of the Almost Dragonic Insatiable Instabaker Gang, do hereby join thissss tournament in order to promote my brand new cooking book.” Wyvern pulls out a large brown tome labeled “1001 More Ways to Cook Chiroq the Wiggly Cabbage,” its cover displaying a picture of Wyvern smiling with a cabbage stuffed in his mouth. “Moreover, sssince I’m well-aware of the Almost Dragonic Insatiable Instabaker Gang’s superiority in the culinary artsss, I am offering a free butler service to any interested parties as a complimentary bonus.”

Wyvern nods and gestures towards a group of troglyodytes dressed in tuxedos, each of them carrying a silver platter with a lid over it. Wyvern kneels down to scribble his name broadly under Mynx’s just as the last of the troglyodyte butlers sets a lid over his silver platter of dynamite, covering it a little too late for rival contestants not to notice…

;-)

OOC: Ok so we have 5 enteries so far and 1 judge if I am reading this correctly. Tanny thanks for voluteering to judge, now I need two more people to judge, and to answer your first question, yes the judges will be judging of the official contest day but will be RPing before then with others (no names mentioned) will try to bribe the judges to win the contest. As for the second question, thats fine by me.

Solorassil walks into the Conservatory, the dense fog surrounding him swirling in grey clouds. Pretending to not notice anyone staring, he reads the poster.

Ah, a cooking contest. A perfect way to make myself known, allay suspicion about my clouded form and build trust. This is exactly what I need.

Now, as for what I'll cook... I knew these memories stolen from a chef would be useful, particularly with the joy infused in them. Still, I'm not sure whether I can reconstitute the recipes from just a few frames... but taking all uses of them would have made my theft too obvious.

Solorassil signs the page with a faint flourish, and then turns away to see if he can converse with someone and reduce the expected distrust.

Ok, so we have the 3 judges and 6.5 or so contestants. Sounds good while I was hoping for some more victims...err...I mean volunteers this will do. I am going to start the actual thread for this contest in about a week. So there is still time for anyone else to be conned...err...I mean convinced to join. Like I said before the thread will take place about 2 weeks prior to the actual contest day at which time you are to RP your character as he attempts to <cough>bribe<cough> the judges or <cough>sabotage<cough> each other. Once again have fun with this but now its time to introduce the three judges

Tanny

The portrait of Zool

Everyone's favorate succubus, Signe

Now for the contestents numbered for the ease of counting.

1 Racouol

2 Venefyxatu

3 Mynx

4 CheerMynx

5 Wyvern

6 Solorassil

6.5 Snypiuer

*starts thinking of ways to "split" Snypiuer in half that would be the most enjoyable to do*

Until the contest starts later. Also it is not too late to join the contest.

Edited by Racouol

If you're ok with this, just for the fun of it I'm going to add Thomas the Minstrel here - he is *not* a contestant since he is my very-secondary-character, but he'll add to the mess... erm... fun.

Yeah, fun :P

I'll edit this post later to add him in RP. Let me know if there's any problem :)

I can already see that klutz of a minstrel stumbling over a poor blind man's walking stick and the inevitable mess as all kinds of sticky brewings and herbs get dragged along into his fall :innocent:

*wounded* aw, c'mon... he's so sweet...

:innocent: :innocent:

And btw, sorry for the lack of in-character signup... been rather busy. But Thomas will be around.

Wyvern strolls back up to Instabaker Gang flag still so firmly planted next to the sign up sheet, and poses next to it as he unravels a parchment to read to the hungry masses.

"Thisss is jussst to state that the Instabaker Gang will arrive to the cooking competition fashionably late, in order to give all of the lesser cooks that sssigned up a big head start. Thisss is just to be fair to the other cooks in an attempt to offer some balance to the Instabaker Gang's obvious superiority, and has nothing to do with alleged rumors of us having difficulties acquiring the proper ingredients. The free butler servicesss are also still available to those who want it, all they need isss a proper fussse."

With that, Wyvern winks to the crowds and turns his back to them with a swoosh of his tail, hooking the flag accidentally and causing it to topple over in the direction of the poor, unsuspecting Grim Squeaker...