The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Worn Wanderer

Racouol

The door to the common area flies open allowing dirt to fly in with the wind. A figure quickly walks into the room and attempts to shut the door behind him only to have the door overpowers him and pin him to the wall. After struggling for a few minutes he manages to get the door shut. The figure take off his coat and gives it a good shake filling the room with dust before shoving the coat into his pocket. He then walks over to a corner table, sits down, takes off his left boot, and shakes it upsidedown. While shaking his boot all sorts of rock, tree branches, thorn bushes, lizards, birds, insects, and a rabbit falls out of it. The figure lifts the boot to his face and looks in it, "Ahh, that is what was giving me that nasty blister." He reaches into his boot and pulls out a tiny grain of sand. Satisfied, he puts on his boot and takes off the other one. Shaking this boot dumps out several hundred gallons of water and mud, several frogs, and a few annoyed scorpions. After putting on his other boot the figure takes a dirty rag from his pocket and wipes off his face, revealing that he is Racouol.

OOC: Hey everyone. It has been a while since I was last here. Just poking in to check to see how everyone is doing. I am fine and I am proud to say that I am about half way done with my journey.

"Terribly sorry about that, Racouol."

Racouol raises a brow at the sound of an unfamiliar grainy voice, and turns his head only to step back with a start. The door he had passed through, which now had a growing puddle of boot juice advancing towards its floor cracks, appeared to be speaking to him through its fancy keyhole. The door creaks open a little more so that the copper doorknob is directly facing Racouol, then continues in its eastern European accent.

"Didn't mean to overpower you like that, I mistook you for someone else. You see, Woody the Office Door summoned me to... oh, wait a minute, here he comes now."

"Racouol!" Wyvern barges down the hall towards the Cabaret Room, waving an Almost Dragonic Brand Geld Mining Travel Guide™ in claw and gesturing enthusiastically. "You jussst gotta see this guidebook!"

The door silently creaks open, ready to execute the perfect timing of its Triple Splinter Overpower Pseudo-Slam...

OOC: Glad to hear your journey is going well Racouol. :-) Fill us in with more updates when you can!

• 2 weeks later...

Racouol winces as he watches Wyvern walk into the Door's attack. He then looks down at the guidebook and sees the Almost Draconic logo on it. Ignoring Wyvern's cry for help he decides that the "guidebook" needs to be placed in a safe location so he shoves it into his pocket.

"Peredhil, Gwaihir....how have you two been. Let me buy you a drink." Racouol then turns to the bartender, "Bartender, get me a mead and these two whatever they want." Racouol winces again when he heard another almost draconic yelp come from the door, "And should Wyvern manage to escape the door's wrath, get him what he wants as well."

Racouol fishes in his pocket and pulls out a bag that is dripping a greenish goo. He fishes in the goo for a moment and pulls out several ooze covered geld and an angry snapping turtle.

OOC: Thanks Wyv Peredhil and Gwaihir. Luckly for me the trail is going to be running through towns more often so I will be able to log on more often. However I still will be hiking until August 20 so it will not be as often as I would like and I will not have IRC access until then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...