The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Nebula

Quincunx

Carina Nebula

<Rydia> one thousand crowns and wings. . ..

<Rydia> or two heart beats

<Rydia> and all the surrounding biological noise

<lilValdar> \\o_o?

<Rydia> the nebula looks like

<lilValdar> ohhh

<lilValdar> I stopped trying to describe it past shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnny!! \o_o/

<Rydia> the smaller burst of pale for the atria, the larger for the ventricles. . .surrounding them, wisps of capillary noises

<Rydia> oxygen transfer as life in the point of every star

<Rydia> I don't know what the dark masses at the lower edge represent

<lilValdar> liver? \o_o?

<Rydia> the dark, secret, deconstructive processes of digestion?

but that's just one idea, and I would like more.

Wyvern grunts as he shoves a projector leftover from his "Opal Eyes" lecture into the Cabaret Room. The overgrown lizard pants and dusts off his claws, then grabs a hook at the bottom of the projector stand with his tail stinger and tugs at it. He shifts the direction of the stand until the projector light is facing a large screen, which happens to be a section of Happybuddha's stomach. Wyvern hisses and slams down on the top of the projector until it starts projecting a hazy version of the nebula image.

"Now, the way I sssee it, the border of this image is a Crumpled Paper Bag Asteroid Field, which was brought to space by Almost Dragonic Brand DisAstral Trash Disposal Servicesss™. The field provides the borders for an astral canvas, which some higher being hit with an abstract paint job. The way I interpret it, the whitesss are supposed to represent oxygen flowing, while the maroon ssside of things is supposed to be the twin hearts beating. Regardless of what it all means, it looks like the being received a pretty penny for it, since those little white dots must amount to no less than a thousand crowns. Shiny onesss, at that... it's enough to make me consider incorporating astronaut scouts in Almost Dragonic Brand DisAstral Trash Disposal Services™."

Wyvern snorts, then grins to himself and pulls out a small book bound in a cheap cardboard dustjacket.

"Of courssse, it's all explained here in this handy-dandy Almost Dragonic Brand DisAstral Trash Disposal Constellation Guide™, which features such memorable numbers as the Big Dumpster, OIron and Rubber Bandromeda. 80 geld, cheap." Wyvern holds the book in the air. "No squirrels were harmed in the making of this guide... only trees, plants, birds, deer, and fish."

Wyvern turns back towards the image of the nebula and raises a claw to his chin.

"Of courssse, I still have trouble explaining the odd oval-shaped image at the center of the picture..."

"Uhhh... Wyvern? That's Happybuddha's navel."

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

The packed courtroom, visitors huddled in the foreground rows, cowering under the burst of justice--off to the side, a court reporter absorbing the justice and glowing with a trace of it as well. Words wink in and out of the verdict, but all that truly matters is the light, and the human stain which delivers it.